• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP is 1%??

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
I totally disagree with INTP is about 1%. That means 1/100 is INTP. That's bullshi#. My high school was about 1500 and I have never met anyone like me! I go to college about 14,000 and I'm sure their are some INTP but I have not met anyone during two years i been here. So what are your beliefs on this?

tgk

MBTI Type
INTP
We are an elusive bunch. I am sure there are some floating around, i personally haven't met anyone like myself either, but you never know...

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I prefer statistics to beliefs.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
well they're often recluses. I agree though. I couldn't see that.

Bushranger

MBTI Type
INTP
You haven't seen yourself from the outside. If you were to meet yourself on the street can you be certain that you would recognise yourself as an INTP.
We are not a type to wear our personalities on our sleeves, rather we will commonly try to adapt to the situation at hand.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My high school was about 1500 and I have never met anyone like me!

Saying there were about 1500 people means nothing unless you knew all 1500 people, and well enough to type them at that. INTPs chameleon well, maybe you've met plenty but never knew it.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
1 really is the loneliest number, isnt it?

[YOUTUBE="-2aiXRFbZr0"]loneliest number[/YOUTUBE]

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
1%? What's your source on that? Most data I've seen puts INTPs as the most common NT type, usually around 4% of the population. (and up to 7% of the male population)

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Consider that these population values may change generationally, as well as be different in different cultures. The baby boomer generation certainly seemed SP-heavy, and their parents' generation perhaps were SJ-heavy. Who knows what the newest population demographics are?

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
1%? What's your source on that? Most data I've seen puts INTPs as the most common NT type, usually around 4% of the population. (and up to 7% of the male population)
Where have you seen that?

The most common statistic I've seen has them at 3.3% or so, and that number being fairly typical for the NTs...?

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Get over yourselves, INTPs, you are far from being as rare as you claim.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Consider that these population values may change generationally, as well as be different in different cultures. The baby boomer generation certainly seemed SP-heavy, and their parents' generation perhaps were SJ-heavy. Who knows what the newest population demographics are?

intuitives are on the rise. I have a weird feeling that all those "witch hunts" were actually "intuitive hunts" by some pretty crazy sensors hating on open minded individuals. "hey that girl knows complex math, she's a witch! kill her!"

Just my spin on history and it's relation to the current statistics.

Or maybe sensors just like to fuck and make babies a lot.

Or maybe a bit of both, :cheese:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I did some real research on this and INTP's were 1% twice in a row. It may be the other INTP is a different gender or you simily don't know people well enough.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I think 1% is a good figure. There are a lot of people in this country, in this city, and id say i meet probably less than one seemingly intp persona for every 100 people. The internet just makes us seem less rare because we all congregate here in our loneliness.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My university campus has a total of around 3000 people. I'd say there's more of a dozen of us here.

Of course, what's the odds of spotting them? INTP students rarely come out of their room.