• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Screw her or confront her????

Luet

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hey Peacebaby,
She's not my boss. In fact, I'm an employee and she is a 'temporarly' hired employee of commercial company, who came in our company with a set assignment.

I don't mind when my boss takes 'credit' for my work: in that situation I would just be forfilling certain of his/her targets. And that's why I was hired. I feel this situation is very different.

You are right I shoudn't jeopardise my position: as I said, the plan that she put her name under was not particularry important to me. Still I don't think I can be neutral in the future

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Hey Peacebaby,
She's not my boss. In fact, I'm an employee and she is a 'temporarly' hired employee of commercial company, who came in our company with a set assignment.

I don't mind when my boss takes 'credit' for my work: in that situation I would just be forfilling certain of his/her targets. And that's why I was hired. I feel this situation is very different.

You are right I shoudn't jeopardise my position: as I said, the plan that she put her name under was not particularry important to me. Still I don't think I can be neutral in the future

She's an outside consultant? Go ahead and raise hell then. You have more cachet within the organization than she does, since she's an outsider. When it comes down to a "he said-she said" situation, if you have evidence, there's no way she'll even come close to being believed over you.

Remember, in-group and out-group dynamics are something that can be used to your advantage.

Jaguar

Someone has stolen my work and I feel pissed off. :steam:

I have been working with this person for a year now and up till now our working relationship has been OK. Recently I have writen a plan and she has putten her name on it like it was hers, and she gave it to our superiors (of which some actually know that I have made up and writen the plan).

The plan itself doesn’t mean so much to me, it was fine not brilliant. What got crushed is my ego. By that I mean that she dared to take professional advantage of me and obviously thinks she can. This idea of her may now be confirmed because I until now haven’t spoken up (she knows that I know about this).

Now I plan to totally screw her (haven’t descided exactly how yet :devil:). Or should I just confront her? I do not feel like that at all, but we will have to remain working together.

What would you do? Screw her or confront her????

Take charge and get that dishonest bitch fired. NOW.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Welcome to the working world. if I spent time plotting the downfall of everyone in my job who has back stabbed me, I'd have no time for work.. Sorry to say, this type of stuff happens ALL.THE. TIME. in office situations. Coworkers do it, bosses do it, birds and bees do it

My advice would be to confront her in a non aggressive way and from now on watch your back around her.Also any time you have good ideas, make sure your manager/supervisor knows what you're working on. That way when a coworker tries to steal your idea they immediately look stupid because your boss already knows you were the originator.

Luet

MBTI Type
INTJ
She's an outside consultant? Go ahead and raise hell then. You have more cachet within the organization than she does, since she's an outsider. When it comes down to a "he said-she said" situation, if you have evidence, there's no way she'll even come close to being believed over you.

Remember, in-group and out-group dynamics are something that can be used to your advantage.

Yes, you're right about that. She is valued by some, but I'm highly valued and I am in a stable position. I have gathered I quite unique expertise in my company that can't be missed or replaced in a acceptable amount of time.
I know I just can set off an 'eleminationproces' by bringing this incident casually up while talking to some keyfigures

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
confront her by catching her by surprise one day. the best choice is a day when she's acting particularly smug and self-satisfied, and not expecting to be deflated.
mention it casually, but look her straight in the eye. INTJ death ray, you know.
+points if you can work it into a dry joke or quip. smile wryly and walk away.

Luet

MBTI Type
INTJ
Welcome to the working world. if I spent time plotting the downfall of everyone in my job who has back stabbed me, I'd have no time for work.. Sorry to say, this type of stuff happens ALL.THE. TIME. in office situations. Coworkers do it, bosses do it, birds and bees do it

My advice would be to confront her in a non aggressive way and from now on watch your back around her.Also any time you have good ideas, make sure your manager/supervisor knows what you're working on. That way when a coworker tries to steal your idea they immediately look stupid because your boss already knows you were the originator.

I have a 'career' of 8 years and I have never experienced this before, so this is all new to me. Maybe I was lucky.
Your advise is the minimal that I would do. I haven't decided yet, I often feel that I am the one who has to rise above things. It maybe a heroic thing to do but sometimes it just conflicts to much with my ego. I will think about this some more.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I guess the degree of back stabbery depends on the individual company and your coworkers. I've experienced it worse in results driven companies where people are expected to practically shoot dancing monkeys and cotton candy out of their asses on a regular basis. I tend to stay away from those companies because you're only as good as your next idea and if it's been a while you can very easily be let go.

I know I just can set off an 'eleminationproces' by bringing this incident casually up while talking to some keyfigures
tread carefully because higher ups tend to not like tattle tales. make it as casual as possible.for instance are there some elements of the original idea that she left out? if so then definitely bring those up
For instance,

"When I was talking to X about this topic before she submitted it to you (clear hint that the idea was originally yours) I had some other ideas that she she neglected to bring to your attention. "

That way you bring it to their attention without it sounding like a complaint. Plus you're implanting the idea in their head that not only is this person a thief, she's also a BAD thief who left out good stuff.
The key to bringing people down in the workplace is to make it seem like it was actually someone else's idea to bring them down..

mouhahahahahahahaha:devil:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Listen to some Beethoven's 9th symphony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alex: As we walked along the flatblock marina, I was calm on the outside, but thinking all the time - Now it was to be Georgie the general, saying what we should do and what not to do, and Dim as his mindless greeding bulldog. But suddenly, I viddied that thinking was for the gloopy ones, and that the oomny ones use like, inspiration and what Bog sends. Now it was lovely music that came into my aid. There was a window open with the stereo on, and I viddied right at once what to do.

Atomic Fiend

Kill that bitch.

Confront her parents, tell them you had nothing to do with it, move to America, live with me. Have children.

Luet

MBTI Type
INTJ
The key to bringing people down in the workplace is to make it seem like it was actually someone else's idea to bring them down..

mouhahahahahahahaha:devil:

:devil:

Kill that bitch.

Confront her parents, tell them you had nothing to do with it, move to America, live with me. Have children.

you mean tell on her, play innocent, flee the country, find yourself a nice man, get youself busy and forget about it?:)

Atomic Fiend

:devil:

you mean tell on her, play innocent, flee the country, find yourself a nice man, get youself busy and forget about it?:)

No, I mean, invite her to dinner, put some roofies in her drink, drive her to the nearest large body of water, tie some bricks to her feet and throw her in, then move out here and get busy!

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Yes, you're right about that. She is valued by some, but I'm highly valued and I am in a stable position. I have gathered I quite unique expertise in my company that can't be missed or replaced in a acceptable amount of time.

That is what you should do. She's already proven herself capable of deceitful behavior. Confronting her could very well just provoke her to take prophylactic action against anything you might do, such as taking steps to denigrate your credibility among the senior management, even going so far as to completely fabricate things. You have to retaliate where it hurts - through her credibility.

Luet

MBTI Type
INTJ
hihi it's a strategy. It's late so I will now go to bed and drift away in a sweet dream with this last thought in mind.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
If you think she did it intentionally, screw her.

If you think there's more to it, confront her.

After all you don't want to have misunderstandings and bad emotions mixed in the workplace, you need to have all the facts before you act. But then, if she was a bitch to you just go ahead and screw her... Because you can.

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
THE THIRD WAY ;)

I love all of your ideas (great creativity, wonderful hatred :D ).

Now, I'm gonna play old, boring 'J' who's been there. (I worked in HR actually for quite some time). What I'd do is this:

Come up to her, told her that you know (it doesn't matter that she knows, that you know - by telling this you make things clear) and say something like:
- OK, you owe me. What can I expect from you in return for this?

I think it's the best way to go and you'll be 'double-winning' since some executives know that it was your idea. You'll get the credit (believe me, it will spread that it was your idea) and she'll owe you. Not to mention that she'll know that you can stand for yourself and it probably won't ever happen again. You'll have your revenge too, since she probably thought she totally got away with it already.

That's all. Peace out. Extraverted Feeling in action. ;)

MBTI Type
INxJ
Annihilate her. Dig her grave, and let her fall into it in front of your superior. Don't let it trace back to you.