• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Do perceivers have a better understanding of...

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
...CORRELATION?

I heard an ENTJ once said, something like this,

"The ideal man would be someone like me (or my archetype), without my bad traits."

Even if he recognizes his faults, I still find the statement to be egotistic. Though actually, it's not the egotism that surprises me, but the merits of the statement.

I could have responded something like,

"Well, that can't be possible, right? For almost every positive trait you manage to develop, something perceivably bad comes with it. The good comes with the bad, it's like they're interlocked. Yin and Yang. One comes with the other. That's why morality is relative, with few absolute grounds."

It's kinda like Perceiving and Judging. Correlated. But more like inversely proportional with each other. You can't increase J when you develop P and vice versa. Each of them have their good and bad traits.

They cannot be separated in such a way that one can just have a wishful thinking of not having some of the traits or trade-offs that a certain decision makes.

The statement the ENTJ said made me think of TJs actually think of character progression as something like an RPG-like leveling up where there's a clean-cut progression where there's hardly minimal tradeoff.

On the other hand, a perceiver may value hierarchical equality because of their full awareness of trade-offs, and it helps them better by seeing things in gray, hence the carefulness in decision making.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You are on your way to learn something not many people know. And you are on the right way

I dont know if it can be described via mbti terms and I dont want to try

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
Is there a reason you're attributing this to this person's J-ness (or TJ-ness) specifically?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
i do...that much i know

it IS hard to register the two sides-of-a-coin paradigm with a xxxJ unless they have a vested interest in the information...otherwise you will face apathy that you will recognize as being the future downfall of their person

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Well, you really have some issue with ENTjs, it seems...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Its typically ENTJ arrogance... tey tend to value the things they are good at and not value the things they are bad at. They can be very difficult to get on with, massively controling etc.

For all traits ave both good and bad sides when taken to extreme. Say you are a particuarly sunny character who smiles all the time. The downside is that when bad news needs to be broken or you are disciplning kids it's difficult to seem appropriate.

For ENTP's there can be a down side to their skills aquisition.... being too capable makes others feel incapable and unwilling to support you because they can't compare or will feel their efforts are poor... hence selective vulnerability is key for an ENTP to learn.

As for P/J well that is preference... P's typically don't like J things, when taken to their extreme they are forever getting their phone cut off/bills not paid because they haven't got their act together. I can be quite J typed when I'm trying to learn a new skill

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Do perceivers have an inadequate sense of the completed object? If an ENTJ says the ideal man is me minus bad traits, then he's describing an end-product, after work has been done to minimise bad traits.

TJs actually do think of character development in terms of leveling-up. Accomplishing, completing, progressing. You are welcome to get over your stasis.

PS. I'm under the impression NFJs think that way too.

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
"The ideal man would be someone like me (or my archetype), without my bad traits."

"Well, that can't be possible, right? For almost every positive trait you manage to develop, something perceivably bad comes with it. The good comes with the bad, it's like they're interlocked. Yin and Yang. One comes with the other. That's why morality is relative, with few absolute grounds."

Yes, but those 2nd bad qualities do not have to be identical to the 1st type of bad qualities.

E.G.

If an ENTJ is time obsessed, then the idea mate would be relaxed when it came to time. He/she would develop a bad quality, let's say, being air-headed, which is not among ENTJ's flaws. Therefore, it is doable.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I wouldn't say that Js don't see the correlation that you're talking about here.

I can't speak for all Js, but I see the fact that there are positives and negatives to everything. I just think that Js are more willing to pick an approach/object/idea that is overall best suited for the situation at hand, and sacrifice the other/s.

Objectivity is valuable to me, and I seek it to a reasonable extent. However, when it ceases to be useful, I must make a decision based on what it has shown me. Being completely objective is not a functional approach when one exists in such a subjective (human) world from my experience.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
...CORRELATION?

I heard an ENTJ once said, something like this,

Even if he recognizes his faults, I still find the statement to be egotistic. Though actually, it's not the egotism that surprises me, but the merits of the statement.

I could have responded something like,

It's kinda like Perceiving and Judging. Correlated. But more like inversely proportional with each other. You can't increase J when you develop P and vice versa. Each of them have their good and bad traits.

They cannot be separated in such a way that one can just have a wishful thinking of not having some of the traits or trade-offs that a certain decision makes.

The statement the ENTJ said made me think of TJs actually think of character progression as something like an RPG-like leveling up where there's a clean-cut progression where there's hardly minimal tradeoff.

On the other hand, a perceiver may value hierarchical equality because of their full awareness of trade-offs, and it helps them better by seeing things in gray, hence the carefulness in decision making.

I think it's more of a realisation that individuals can have rather then a typical type based thing. That said, there could most certainly be a correlation :newwink: between this realisation and type.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

1. What if leveling up involves learning to make trade offs? Ie the very traits that make ENTJs so great in business can make then unlucky in Fe/Fi. Perhaps the leveling up is making the trade offs at the appropriate interval. In this sense, even the "trade off"rs learn to 'level up.

2. I think your basing way too much ENTJ negative stigma on the one jack ass ENTJ you talk to on that other forum. Really, I sense a bit of arrogance in your many posts when you "expose" the entjs for all that they are :rolleyes2:

dont paint with such a wide brush. Not all ENTJs are so full of themselves.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Do perceivers have an inadequate sense of the completed object? If an ENTJ says the ideal man is me minus bad traits, then he's describing an end-product, after work has been done to minimise bad traits.

TJs actually do think of character development in terms of leveling-up. Accomplishing, completing, progressing. You are welcome to get over your stasis.

PS. I'm under the impression NFJs think that way too.

The ENTJs I know have almost full denial of their weak traits. To say something like "minimizing" would already be a bit condescending on their part.

With regard to completed object, I think perceivers consider chanracter development to always be in a state of flux, progressive or otherwise, hence disliking the idea of "completed". It's more like an ongoing process.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Very good. Many ENTJs refuse to accept this, for some reason, instead believing themselves to be supermen.

They do not like admitting weakness or even the possibility that it exists. It's threatening.

Jaguar

Very good. Many ENTJs refuse to accept this, for some reason, instead believing themselves to be supermen.

They do not like admitting weakness or even the possibility that it exists. It's threatening.

That's not what you said when you were pounding on my door last night.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
IM NOT WEAK, DO YOU UNDERSTAND, I'M NOT WEAK

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
1. What if leveling up involves learning to make trade offs? Ie the very traits that make ENTJs so great in business can make then unlucky in Fe/Fi. Perhaps the leveling up is making the trade offs at the appropriate interval. In this sense, even the "trade off"rs learn to 'level up.

2. I think your basing way too much ENTJ negative stigma on the one jack ass ENTJ you talk to on that other forum. Really, I sense a bit of arrogance in your many posts when you "expose" the entjs for all that they are :rolleyes2:

dont paint with such a wide brush. Not all ENTJs are so full of themselves.

Yea most of them are full of themselves.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Well, how can't you be full of yourself when you're so close to god?

I think perceivers have a worse understand of when judgers are just bullshitting. When I'm not at class/work, most of what I say is complete rubbish (not in the sense that they're lies, but they're comments not to be taken seriously).

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, how can't you be full of yourself when you're so close to god?

I think perceivers have a worse understand of when judgers are just bullshitting. When I'm not at class/work, most of what I say is complete rubbish (not in the sense that they're lies, but they're comments not to be taken seriously).

yeah, I've learned not to underestimate the issues that can be caused by misunderstanding another person's sense of humour... or how easy it is to do that.

Kangol

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't agree that there is a necessary trade-off between J and P, but this is from my perception of the mbti dichotomies.

I believe someone who has a firm sense of their beliefs on which they can act readily, plan efficiently, and remain unwavering in difficult situations to have strong J values. However, I believe if that person were to also be able to assess the situation from all relevantly significant perspectives, be able to adapt to new and unforeseen circumstances calmly, and have little difficulty accepting the plausibility of others' differing opinions, they would also have strong P values.

This balance of strong, positive J and P values would result in a balanced score on the mbti test dichotomy. I believe it to also be an ideal in personalities in regard to the J/P aspect, as such balanced people have the strengths associated with both sides of the dichotomies. In this sense, I think the ENTJ is right. Perhaps he (she?) is in this way admitting his own faults, and that a person more balanced along the dichotomies would be an ideal. This doesn't negate the potential fact that he's a pompous ass, but it also doesn't mean he's not right.