• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] What do you love/hate about being your type?

medica

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm an ENTP. It's a blessing and a curse.

What I love:

• I'm instantly able to see connections between things that aren't obviously connected
  • I'm usually able to see the humourous in most situations - at least a few hours after banging my head against the wall in frustration
  • The childlike happiness when I meet someone who can follow my thought process
  • Sex. The way my curiosity, openness and interest in my sex partner enhances the experience for both
  • The way I'm able to juggle several balls in the air at the same time
  • Just being in my head. It's fascinating

What I hate:

• That it's almost physically painful to complete a task that is not stimulating in any way (and, hey, I'm just moderately P!)
  • That I sometimes bend the truth to satisfy others (I'm not lying! I'm just not telling you the entire truth!)
  • Not being able to sort out how I really feel about a lot of things
  • That I sometimes feel shallow when I'm not able to be empathic
  • The racing thoughts that give me insomnia
  • The impatience! Why is the world a 33 1/3 record when I'm a 78?
  • Just being in my head. It's frustrating

So, what do you love and hate about being your type?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I just hate that my type is common.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Love:

I'm awesome.

Hate:

Sometimes it's hard being this awesome.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I love how I run shit and dominate pretty much everything I touch. (business or academic)

I hate how unapproachable I am, and how I push people away.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I hate how unapproachable I am, and how I push people away.

Ha. Try being a person who pushes people away cos you don't really feel comfortable with the sort of intimacy they want, but at the same time actually BEING approachable, so you're constantly bombarded with people trying to get close to you and not seeing any reason why they shouldn't... and the resultant strife when you have to disillusion them that, though you're friendly and approachable, you're not looking for anything from THEM. No offence - ha, not likely. They ALL take offence. Even - especially - the ones who say they won't. You know, the ones who say "no obligation" and "it's no problem if you don't want to" and stuff like that.

What I hate is that, because I don't wear my IQ on my sleeve, I'm always underestimated. That in itself can be a blessing and a curse - you can quietly work and scheme in the background and nobody suspects you of being capable of it, so you can move like an unseen hand, power of suggestion and all that. On the other hand, when you want to be taken seriously and respected, people just think you're a shallow goofball.

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
Love: being curious, soooooo curious, 24/7

Hate: NT + female = well, you know what it equals.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Given my position, now - what career choices I would really like to follow.

... Tending to an ENTJ has it's perks, but the opportunities are wide to commit to one diligently.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an ENTP. It's a blessing and a curse.

What I love:

• I'm instantly able to see connections between things that aren't obviously connected
  • I'm usually able to see the humourous in most situations - at least a few hours after banging my head against the wall in frustration
  • The childlike happiness when I meet someone who can follow my thought process
  • Sex. The way my curiosity, openness and interest in my sex partner enhances the experience for both
  • The way I'm able to juggle several balls in the air at the same time
  • Just being in my head. It's fascinating

What I hate:

• That it's almost physically painful to complete a task that is not stimulating in any way (and, hey, I'm just moderately P!)
  • That I sometimes bend the truth to satisfy others (I'm not lying! I'm just not telling you the entire truth!)
  • Not being able to sort out how I really feel about a lot of things
  • That I sometimes feel shallow when I'm not able to be empathic
  • Just being in my head. It's frustrating

So, what do you love and hate about being your type?

Holy shite, pretty spot on for me too. It's uncanny to me how many similarities there are between ESTPs and ENTPs. I think the EXTP commonality substantially diminishes the N/S differences. Much more so than other similar types, IMHO.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Love:

* That I'm able to connect with people on a deep level
* The other world in my head..such beauty
* That I always see the good in people and situations
* That people stare at me in bewilderment and confusion
* The depth of emotion I get to experience
* That understanding and comforting someone comes natural
* That life is never dull coz of the crazy journey I seem to automatically make out of it

Hate:

* That all my talents are pretty useless on a practical/rational level, rendering me pretty useless in a world that values practicality and rationality
* That my type of logic is a rare language in this world and gets perceived as irrational (oh the horror! :horor:)
* That criticism can hit me that hard
* That people often don't need/want/aren't capable of the same level of connection as me
* That I'm unable to appreciate reality, as my inner world is so much more appealing to me
* That people judge me to be something I'm not as I confuse them
* That whatever I do always has to be such a chaos and mess

notsweetynice

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I dislike that social interaction is always a little awkward and that people misinterpret my behavior as being something that it's not.

I dislike that I overly value high intelligence and believe that I fall short of my high standards.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm INTP (or so they say when I'm allowed outside).

Love:
  • Figuring things out
  • Curiosity about nearly anything
  • Creating metaphors
  • Finding the absurd or humorous in everyday life
  • The monologue in my head
  • Increasing my knowledge
  • Hiding in plain sight
  • Being the unknown underdog
Hate:
  • Losing interest in projects when I can see the ending
  • Sucking at meeting other people
  • Talking to other people wears me out
  • Repeatedly fucking up relationships
  • Too passive and lazy
  • Not able to eliminate the bolder, yet stupider people from impacting my life
  • The dumb eyelook

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
  • See patterns, draw quick and accurate conclusions.
  • That I can almost bend reality to get people where I want.
  • Drifting off in deep thought, connecting the loose ends which gives me results more often than not.
  • I'm courageous. Don't get me wrong. Not the "daredevil" kind of guy, i'm calculating and I don't take unnecessary risks, but I never back down if there is a big enough chance of success.
  • The way i'm able to concentrate and get things done very quickly when it matters.
  • The way others view me. They often oppose me, joke around etc., but some are actually scared of me and others respect me. It's hard for me to see in everyday life, they often come out and tell me these things several weeks after something while they're drunk or such, though.
  • I don't know if this is common for ENTJs, especially very Se-oriented ones... But I have a very vivid imagination and in extension a very good sense of empathy (Not the same as sympathy, you know). I can completely enter the world of a book and not even feel my own body anymore, and I can place myself in others' shoes and think/feel what and how they do.
  • I love always being on time and doing things right 99% of the time. Sometimes I miss out on some little and largely unimportant detail, especially if it's about cars. Often have to turn back and lock the door or turn off the lights (i'm not used to manual light switch).
  • My ingenuity in some areas. If I don't have a given solution, I make one. It works, more often than not. Basically making a pattern out of the bits and pieces I know or presume.

And more... Now I have to rush off and do stuff. :)

What I hate:

• I hate doing stuff that is boring.
  • It is painful to be in a position under someone.
  • Not feeling genuine sometimes about those middle register emotions. Those that regard friends and family.
  • If I once love a person, I will continue on doing so forever. It's crazy, and not very practical.
  • Most of my problems are Fi- and Si-based. I have lots of them. Nothing serious, I think, but it's annoying.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Love: the possibilities that come with the package

Hate: Not being able to at least once say something that is not meant nasty :D