• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] What do you love/hate about being your type?

Emectar

MBTI Type
ENFP
Love:

How easily creativity and art comes to me
How good i am at intuitively understanding both new concepts and people
How fiery and passionate my happiness is
How i am able to adept to and enjoy life so quickly

Hate:

How terrible i am at organizing
How terrible i am at doing anything i dont find stimulating, (something that life is requiring me to do more and more)
How incompetent i am at math, directions, spacial relations, i.e Sensor-stuff
How overdramatic i am in my head about everything and how oversensitive i am

unicorn010

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
N/A
Being an ENTJ sometimes means having choosing to have friends who are far away sometimes, rather than constantly be surrounded by a mess of fake friends who gradually
erode your sense of self, things you love doing, and your ability to trust by telling you what they think you want to hear.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Right now I hate that I lose track of time and the stuff around me. I get bored, anxious, I worry and I get confused.
I doubt a lot of stuff, and I think of a lot of stuff. I can't let everything be till I understand how it works and why is it that way instead of another way.
I have many questions and few answers. I am very theoretical and can't get basic shit done.
I am late, I rush things, I am not interested in what is not interesting. Things must be interesting to get me interested. So I avoid activities such as: paying bills..I hate paying stuff.. I hate staying in lines...I always pay on my last day.
I make few plans and I am impulsive.
I am too egocentric.
In order for bad things to be actually bad they must happen to myself. If they do not happen to myself they are neutral. Don't really care.

What I love:
Creativity
Curiosity
Intelligence
Enthusiasm
Playfulness
Optimism
Flexibility

TacEight

MBTI Type
INTP
Right now I hate that I lose track of time and the stuff around me. I get bored, anxious, I worry and I get confused.
I doubt a lot of stuff, and I think of a lot of stuff. I can't let everything be till I understand how it works and why is it that way instead of another way.
I have many questions and few answers. I am very theoretical and can't get basic shit done.
I am late, I rush things, I am not interested in what is not interesting. Things must be interesting to get me interested. So I avoid activities such as: paying bills..I hate paying stuff.. I hate staying in lines...I always pay on my last day.
I make few plans and I am impulsive.
I am too egocentric.
In order for bad things to be actually bad they must happen to myself. If they do not happen to myself they are neutral. Don't really care.

I relate to all this, but and perhaps a little less impulsive than most. (My "I," I would guess.)

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Good
Imaginative
Not in-your-face
Logical
Good understanding of many things
Kind but rational
Minimanlly influenced by societal expectations
Not over-impulsive and generally rather cautious
Quirky
Good knowledge banks
Casual and fun
Generally fairly good at what interests me
Honest and sincere
Can find enjoyment in my own thoughts
Not set in my ways and can change my opinion given sufficient evidence
Rather deep emotional life

Bad
Can be obsessive
Overly cautious and avoidant of unfamiliar experiences
Can get caught up on details
Poor empathy skills
Occasionally hard-headed or judgemental
Conversely, sometimes flip-flop too quickly or accept the accuracy of true statements that are suggestive against my stance, making me lose a lot of arguments in my drive for truth rather than winning
Lazy and often unmotivated
Can be totally inatentive to reality and fail at basic things like carrying out instructions. Wait, what was the thing I was supposed to get and what place in what room did you say it was?
Overanalysing every situation and every possible situation

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
  • + I get stuff done, I love that I manage to have a well-designed apartment that is clean and looks awesome while other people live in houses that look like the inside of a garbage can. I love that I pay my bills on time and don't get stressed out by that stuff.
  • +I am reliable, if I tell you I will be at X place at Y time, I will be there.
  • +I am almost never intimidated by anyone. I can stand up to authority figures and do so in a respectful manner.
  • +I like to stand up for others, if I experience an unfair situation, I feel a strong impulse to sort things out.
  • +It appears I am largely unaffected by the emotional confusion most people suffer from in a crisis situation.
  • +I know how to dress myself propperly.
  • + I typically don't take criticism personally, though I may innitially reject it until I have reviewed the evidence.
  • + I am not typically emotionally attached to ideas, if an idea can be shown to me to be wrong I will discard it.
  • + I don't normally get hung up on "fuss". If someone is like "ohh but what is if X goes wrong and oh no, Y might also be a problem if we dont have enough Z or run out of..." I am like "Fuck that shit, lets just do it and see what happens. If it's fucked up, we go fix it."
  • + I don't get stuck on stupid, if there is something I don't understand / know, but believe I should know, I will research it until I do.
  • + I am generally feeling "badass" most of the time, which is fabulous.
  • + I enjoy physical pleasures and thrill, Se is great.
  • + I am creative and have very good visual imagination.

Dislikes:
  • -I am not very approachable. If I enter a new circle of people, I always have to make an effort to get close to people, I am seldom invited. "Oooh you are actually really nice, I always thought you hated me!" I never get invited to things like a spontaneous roadtrip or something.
  • - I am seemingly not at all "chill" or "laid back". People often react to me kind of like I imagine they would react to an army drill seargant. It also appears that if I try to make casual conversation, people kind of feel like they are being interrogated by the KGB.
  • -I am not very spontaneous, I like to schedule things at least a day in advance. Actually I don't really understand the concept of "being spontaneous" I don't have things randomly popping into my head like "ohhh I could do X now!!". It's more like "ohh I could do X next Thursday!"
  • -I am kind of self-centered and sometimes forget to ask people how they are doing or what's going on in their lives.
  • -I am romantically ackward. I find it easy to flirt, but difficult to smoothly take it to the next step. I have difficulty not to be "all business" and let my guard down because I fear being "ridiculous" or "pathetic".
  • -I have trouble with small talk and witty banter. I am not good at spontanoues comebacks and my conversation can appear kind of "scripted".
  • -I am not very emotionally expressive.
  • -My default facial expression seems to intimidate people.
  • -Sometimes I make snap judgements about people or things, like "X is an idiot" or "Y is bullshit" without sufficient information.
  • -I am kind of clumsy and break things, especially when I try to fix some mechanical appliance that "I don't need help with".
  • -I dislike dealing with lots of details.
  • -I sometimes over-commit and don't get enough sleep or have to withdraw from some of the commitments I have made.
  • -I sometimes don't know when to quit.
  • -I am not very good at formating post on mesage boards.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A difficult question to answer. I am usually indifferent about the negatives and positives that my type may possess. Usually people tend to think up the positives to make them feel a bit more secure about themselves and think up the negatives to make them feel a bit more secure about what type they are. Not that it's a bad thing at all though. Boosting one's own self-esteem is always encouraged.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I love that I am holistically minded.
I love that I am intuitive, introspective and alternative.
I love that I am eccentric and eclectic.
Ha I love it when I have passion, initiative and confidence.
I love it most of all when I have attitude and personality.

lets eat pie

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w6
There are actually many contradictions..

+
Able to see more than one side/ ambiguity
Weaving together ideas into something original (when Ti/Ne work together beautifully)
High standards for self
Not in competition with others
Always learning/researching
Honest (or at least, instead of lying I won't say anything)
Good bullshit-detection skills
Can focus on a task single-minded
Pay little attention to petty things/ Prioritize things that matter
Not basing self-worth on opinions of others (or, oblivious to others' opinions of me...less stress that way)
Won't follow the crowd for the sake of following the crowd.
Deliberate
Non inflated ego.
Future-oriented
Always defining/organizing/cataloging ideas to build better understanding
Perfectionist
Prefer to not judge things too quickly
Prefer to take my time.
Skeptic
Can find almost anything funny.
Desire truth and accuracy
Try to take detached objective stance most of the time

-
Procrastination.
Ambiguity seems to show up everywhere-- nothing is certain. Very unsettling.
Spend too much time preparing/researching and not accomplishing enough (see: procrastination.)
Terrible temporal sense.
Can never follow schedule
Once I break single-minded focus, I can easily become distracted.
Impatient
Over-analyzing everything
Constant need to be accurate can be nitpicky
Too much introversion
TiSi loops
I take forever to do things (see: over-analyzing)
Skepticism and constant self doubt that at times can be crippling (see: high standards for self)
Indecision (see: over-analyzing)
Consequences of indecision may lead to missed opportunities
Awkward socially (usually too blunt for small talk)
Streaks of laziness
May be too detached.
Bitching and moaning (I have to mentally slap myself whenever I catch myself doing that)
Messing up and automatically wishing for Undo key to start over
Terrible memory
Tuning out people
Inadvertently lending the impression of arrogance to some (or many?) people
Dampening enthusiasm with a cold bucket of reality (thanks, Ti.)
Why actually get up and do things when I can just think about doing them instead?
Messy/disorganized.
Can be obsessive.
Distrustful of strangers/authority.

More negatives than positives. huh.

catalyst

MBTI Type
INTP
I like being an island and not 'needing' others to recharge. I love that the search for truth and knowledge is my highest priority and that I am not all emotionally invested in winning/losing as to take it personally or get 'stuck' on a particular idea. The ability to sense contradictions/corrolations regardless of time passed, setting, etc is very useful as I intuitively 'know' that there is something wrong in a given situation, even if it takes a bit for me to reason through just 'what' that is. The ability to know every minute detail of a rationale, or each building block of a line or reasoning and remember them all, when discussing with others makes me content like a cat, sleeping on a pillow by the fire. I enjoy being the one other people come to for advice - that others recognize me as such, makes me feel useful and that the pain is/was worthwhile.

I absolutely hate feeling socially awkward all the time - even though most just assume I've got it all together - inside, I'm cringing. As a mother, I hate how I'm not traditionally 'motherly' - feeling like I've shorted my kids somehow. I HATE HATE HATE how I just don't have it in me, couldn't even if I tried - meet up with cultural expectations for mother/wife rolls because I sense that my family feels shorted, slighted. Every time I touch someone - it is a purposeful effort - not 'natural'. Sometimes, having young children, who needed touching constantly, was horribly draining. Now, with teenagers - the emotional input can be exhausting. I hate how my forgetfulness, procrastination, and living in my head'ness make me look unprofessional or dumb, or 'female'. Grrrrrrrrr.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Love:
Openness to new ideas and experiences; open-mindedness
Ability to quickly and easily make connections that others have difficulty seeing or making sense of
Less dependency on other people to make me comfortable or happy
Appreciation of broad, diverse areas of interest (i.e., rarely bored)
Ability to ignore social conventions, traditions and other concepts I find largely useless and wasteful

Hate:
Social awkwardness (i.e. saying & doing the wrong things at the wrong times)
Difficulty carrying on conversations with people I don't know
Second guessing myself. And third, and fourth, and...
Struggling with Te, and heavy users of such (severely limits my ability to communicate effectively at work)
Procrastination - I can feel myself doing it, I know it's not going to pay off for me in any conceivable manner, yet I do it anyway.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I love
+ My memory. Especially when it comes to things that I am interested in. You can't touch me.
+ My ability to grasp things, make connections, and stay ahead of most in the group.
+ My ability to explain and break down things to people in a way that they will understand.
+ My attention to detail helps me catch on to things that others may miss. I will see, hear, smell, and feel things that will pass other people.
+ While I am more comfortable in the details, I don't dismiss the big picture. My initial thoughts are in the weeds, but I'll get to the the forest outlook within a short amount of time.
+ That I am a think first, speak later type in most situations. Since learning MBTI I can see how an E can seemingly miss something someone said or did because they are running their yap and not listening.
+ I love where I fall on the I/E continuum. I'm sometimes mistaken for an E because I can talk and joke with the best of them. I'm also pretty socially open, though I have my times when I feel I don't know what to say. I know I'm an I because after too much talking/interaction I tend to shut down. Now at work I try to schedule my meetings with my staff in the AM with the hopes I can work at my pace for the rest of the day.
+ I love that my Ne's pretty developed. I find in most of the small things in life, I don't really care. I don't care about too many of the 'who's and why's' of a situation. I am not so tight that I am ready to cast people off because they were wrong according to my pre-conceived expectations.

I'm not so loving
- My lack of knowledge of how I feel about things- I have been so emotionally withdrawn in my life that I don't know how to identify and/or discuss how I feel about stuff without feeling vulnerable.
-How I become paralyzed when making large decisions, when the answer isn't so clear. I can spend so much time analyzing that I get nowhere and find my back against the wall or missing out on a good opportunity due to it.
-I've realized that in team sports, I fail at being able to see the everything. The larger the team, the more this is apparent. Sometimes I might get burnt on a play because I focus so much on what's in front of me instead of being able to see the big picture. While I definitely am not going to try the same move repeatedly and expect the same results, sometimes I can become so engrossed in my thoughts I'll miss an opportunity to pass to an open teammate or I'll pass off when the shot was mines to take.
-My think first, speak later can be a bummer when my confidence is not so high.
-Being so aware of others and their flaws means being aware of my own. So I'm more modest in the way I express myself and my abilities. This isn't always good at work.
-I can be really thrown off sometimes if I didn't see it coming.

rav3n

Like - The ability to get things done, in unusual ways.

Dislike - The irony of Te-Fi.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Like, fitting the stereotypical intellectual means people will listen to you more. Abuse of stereotypes for the win.

Dislike, If I disliked being myself would I be myself? I can't comprehend what could make you dislike your type other than discrimination based on type.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Like;
My ability to make (what I think are) "good" decisions.
My not needing people.
The funny connections I make in my head that no one else gets.
My openmindedness.
My non-judgmentalness.
Dislike;
My inability to form "meaningful" relationships.
My wanting to form "meaningful" relationships.
How my ego is tied to my intelligence and the ramifications that has.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Hate the constant feelings of boredom and dissatisfaction coupled with stupid pompous expectations.

Dianora

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Like: My ability to rationalize almost anything and win and argument.

Dislike: My ability to rationalize almost anything to the point of self-delusion.