• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Mother married an ESFJ :'(

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Are you sure yall aren't failing to recognize a very literal joke told with a straight face?

I've had people believing that I really thought something so absurd was true but I was just joking the whole time and never broke character.

If that's true, then why keep up the charade if you sense irritation from the other person?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you sure yall aren't failing to recognize a very literal joke told with a straight face?

I've had people believing that I really thought something so absurd was true but I was just joking the whole time and never broke character.
I hate when people do that.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7

Nah... He's White and we're Black so my mom was pretty pissed off and they got into a huge argument :shock:

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Here's an example of jokey conversation I had with my ESFJ coworker last week:

Me: "Hey, you got any more of those Rice Krispy Treats left?"
Him: "Yeah I've got two left! One for me, one for you!"
Me: "I wonder what Rice Krispies are made of?"
Him: "Wheat? Barley?"
Me: "I think they're made out of oats."

A vigorous debate about what Rice Krispy Treats are made out of for 10 minutes, with minor detours into how to bake them and if the ones we were snaking on were made from real marshmallow or "Marshmallow Product."

This conversation evidently forced my ISTJ coworker out of her chair and into the ESFJ's office looking at us like we'd lost every neuron in our brains.

A Really Angry ISTJ: "They're made of RICE!"

Us: "uh, yeah, duh...What the fuck is wrong with you?"

ISTJ leaves exasperated and we happily chomp on the rice krispies.

So I was just told by my INTP friend that this is incredibly inane but I find it entertaining. Which is why I find it hard to believe anyone takes it seriously when it's so obvious that it's a joke.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, I get it if the other person is joking back - but this clearly blew up into an argument...

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Actually its over 99% plasma:hi:

Because 'plasma' is an element ::rolleyes::

Here's an example of jokey conversation I had with my ESFJ coworker last week:

Me: "Hey, you got any more of those Rice Krispy Treats left?"
Him: "Yeah I've got two left! One for me, one for you!"
Me: "I wonder what Rice Krispies are made of?"
Him: "Wheat? Barley?"
Me: "I think they're made out of oats."

A vigorous debate about what Rice Krispy Treats are made out of for 10 minutes, with minor detours into how to bake them and if the ones we were snaking on were made from real marshmallow or "Marshmallow Product."

This conversation evidently forced my ISTJ coworker out of her chair and into the ESFJ's office looking at us like we'd lost every neuron in our brains.

A Really Angry ISTJ: "They're made of RICE!"

Us: "uh, yeah, duh...What the fuck is wrong with you?"

ISTJ leaves exasperated and we happily chomp on the rice krispies.

So I was just told by my INTP friend that this is incredibly inane but I find it entertaining. Which is why I find it hard to believe anyone takes it seriously when it's so obvious that it's a joke.

This is the kind of thing I do all the time, though I tend to take it to far more extreme lengths.

For this example, I would've been insistant upon only purchasing products listed as free range organic marshmallows. Then print out an extensive report about the poor living conditions of marshmallowpods and their abusive care by farm workers, citing cramped living conditions and how they virtually never are given any meat to eat. I'd also go through a complex explaination of their unique anatomy and how their bodies store large amounts of sugars within their fat, leading to the uniquely formed (and tasty) cellular structure, while constantly harping and demonizing exporters for carelessly throwing away perfectly good hides and the actual meat as it doesn't sell as well. And then I'd try to get people to sign on to save the marshmallowpods, as they're practically extinct in the wild now, and their numbers in captivity are slowly dwindling.

Of course after about a day, I'd grow bored of it and if anyone brought it up again I'd just look at them oddly, and hand them a pamphlet asking them to support the local ban of dihydrogen monoxide, as apparantly they must be suffering from hallucinations caused by such.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
May try to educate him. Sit him down in a little school chair with the desk attachment and start of with preschool stuff.

Seem like that whole grade they were just trying to teach common sense.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
I like to take SJ pencils and move them 3 degrees off a right angle.

They go nuts.

StrappingYoungLad

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
..special lenses specifically designed for Black people...

Probably had to do with camera exposure and filming black people in the past. Basically in the past cameras were optimized to receive just enough light from white people.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Agreed. I do this all the time too. I wonder if paperoceans could give more examples because those two sound like jokes to me.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Basically...

(Gewitter27 Quote Here)

Besides it's just a step-daughter/step-father issue. I have never met someone in my life who was so stubborn and damn annoying. He told my mother that his mother told him that photographers can't take pictures of Black people because the lenses can't see them, therefore you need to buy special lenses specifically designed for Black people. And I am not making this shit up.

Typical conversation:
Me: "The sun is mostly made out of helium & hydrogen."
Him: "That's a fallacy!"
Me: "Wot"
Him: "It's fire and orange! Gases are clear!"
Me: "Wait a minute.."
Him: "I know that I'm right and you're wrong!"
Me: "..."

Whenever I see him I have the sudden urge to strangle him. What's the best possible way to keep the peace? As of now I avoid him or else we get into an argument when he says something stupid :doh:

I'm an INTP & he is an ESFJ. My god D: it just seems disastrous. I think that he is trying to bond with me because he has started to taunt me... Which I do not like at all. As a consequence, I am beginning to mock him (without doing it on purpose). My brother who is an ENFJ was laughing and telling me how he told my mother to warn our new step-dad to not tease me because I am starting to snap at him. :'( Hilfe

Wow. I've been mentioned in an OP...

And THAT, my friends, is one of the reasons ESFJs are so hard to be around for me. You have good hearts, and I respect that, but being around you for more than five minutes will make me go bat-scheisse bonkers.

Now, for the help: DO NOT talk politics, religion, today's trends, or science to him. It would be best to Avoid altogether, but that is nigh impossible. I reccommend talking about 'Safe' topics, such as movies. Almost everyone loves movies. Oh, and food. Mmm, food.

Inside tread all of the statements like the Black People Lenses like a hilarious joke, or childish Naivete. Don't take it seriously. If confronted avoid all unsafe topics and attempt to steer the converstion as hard as possible to something like food.

(This advice probably sucks because my Fe is horrible, but I'm trying...)

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Agreed. I do this all the time too. I wonder if paperoceans could give more examples because those two sound like jokes to me.

He wasn't joking. I have known him for two years; oh wow, you kind of remind me of him :devil:

What is with you SFJs never believing anything? That shit can be annoying.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He wasn't joking. I have known him for two years; oh wow, you kind of remind me of him :devil:

What is with you SFJs never believing anything? That shit can be annoying.

Who said I didn't believe you? I just said it sounded like he could be joking. It was an explanation.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I don't doubt it. I would just take the high road. The sensor/feeler combination puts them at a disadvantage. I have known people just like this guy. One in particular used to do petty childish things to me--a grown man, 50+. I shrugged it off as though nothing happened. We seem to get on fine now. If he still harbors those thoughts feelings, so what? It's in his head, he can keep it. I'm fine. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Don't get carried away. I'm probably not talking about who you think. This guy is somewhat related to me.

Good point :D I'll just continue to avoid him.