• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTP females and aggression

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
ntp females - have you noticed males reacting to you more aggressively than other types, regardless of gender?

I wonder, because I do seem to get a fair amount of male aggression directed towards me in disputes and I wonder sometimes if it is because I don't argue as others might. Where I might look like a male arguing, because I am a female, certain males (not all) have trouble with communication with a female like this. I have also noticed that those same males will be able to argue fairly with a male in a similar dispute, but will react with threatening body language or verbal assasinations when engaged with a female in disputes.

A friend of mine (intp female) has commented on much of the same, she said she thinks her style in disputes is an affront to some men.

Of course this is all with the usual disclaimers ***some men*** yadda yadda yadda.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought this was going to be about why NTP females are more aggressive.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, just saw I didn't finish my sentence. How can I change it? Sorry...

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
ntp females - have you noticed males reacting to you more aggressively than other types, regardless of gender?

I wonder, because I do seem to get a fair amount of male aggression directed towards me in disputes and I wonder sometimes if it is because I don't argue as others might. Where I might look like a male arguing, because I am a female, certain males (not all) have trouble with communication with a female like this. I have also noticed that those same males will be able to argue fairly with a male in a similar dispute, but will react with threatening body language or verbal assasinations when engaged with a female in disputes.

A friend of mine (intp female) has commented on much of the same, she said she thinks her style in disputes is an affront to some men.

Of course this is all with the usual disclaimers ***some men*** yadda yadda yadda.

You are laying forward alot of balls ( since women aren't supposed to have any, in this case you might have more then two). It's threatening, at a high level

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hahaha, yeah - some men just hate the shit out of me because I don't know my "place".

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, just saw I didn't finish my sentence. How can I change it? Sorry...
Go to "The NT Rationale" subforum. Double click your thread. Change the name

Anyways perhaps NTP girls are seen more as tomboys and therefore people stereotype them. When they do this they act towards the girl in a more aggressive way. NTP girls are just not 'girly'.
Tis just one theory

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I am pretty confrontational, especially on feminism issues.

Men flee.

tgk

MBTI Type
INTP
Most guys are used to girls backing down or accepting whatever they say as truth because they are guys. If they are questioned by a female, especially one with a well-constructed argument, they typically feel demasuclinated and will reframe until they think they are right.

Personally when a girl argues with me, as long as it isn't banal, I will relish the opportunity for a debate.

Other times I get a ridiculous argument with someone (normally dudes) and just stop arguing out of not wanting them to look / feel like a dumbass. The funny thing is they will keep trying to argue and our conversations end up looking like this:

Me- "Hey man, this is kind of trivial, I'm over arguing about it."
Them- "Ha! You just know I'm right."
Me- "Nah, I know I am right, you will just feel like a dumbass when I completely prove you wrong, and I am trying to let you save some face..."
Them- "Yeah right!"
Me- *Long winded explanation of facts that correlate to my hypothesis, proving that I was right the whole time*
Them- *meekly*"Oh..."

My friends have stopped arguing with me.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Men flee.

That didn't seem to happen on INTPc.
(Not being smart, just saying so far I haven't seen that... unless I was missing something.)

I put a more feminine style forward in appearance and demeanor, so I tend not to get aggression responses off the bat from guys. However, when I've been pushed or I see something not going the way it needs to go to work effectively, I've taken some very direct stances at work ("here's what I see, here's what's going on, here's what needs to happen and what you need to give")... and it was really weird, tough guys would belly up to the situation (respecting me and talking bluntly back but dealing pretty directly and fairly) and the wimpy guys would basically back off, allow me to tell them what to do, and get really whiny/sullen in the process.

It's sort of amusing.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
IME, most men will react as Jennifer said.

A few will go so totally over the top aggressively, I've felt like I was supposed to back down or I was going to get physically hurt. Aggressive physical stances towards me, things being thrown near me or knocked over. I have had so many examples, where as some of my other friends don't even have one lol.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP

Men flee.

Most men don't even want to engage in a debate over feminism issues, the few that have with me have been very receptive and it's usually been a very informative exchange. I've never been disappointed in a debate with a male on feminism who was willing to engage in it. Odd now that I think about it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A few will go so totally over the top aggressively, I've felt like I was supposed to back down or I was going to get physically hurt. Aggressive physical stances towards me, things being thrown near me or knocked over.

wow, you teh r0x, lol!

They didn't cow you, though, did they? :)

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Most men don't even want to engage in a debate over feminism issues, the few that have with me have been very receptive and it's usually been a very informative exchange. I've never been disappointed in a debate with a male on feminism who was willing to engage in it. Odd now that I think about it.

I live in a patriarchal society, so I am subjected to double standards constantly.

MBTI Type
INxJ
People tend to act aggressively when a minority of any kind doesn't know their place.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Your racist sounding comment doesn't appeal to me although I know what you mean.

MBTI Type
INxJ
^ Your racist sounding comment doesn't appeal to me although I know what you mean.

There are age, gender, religious, [insert whatever] minorities. Wherever there's a majority, there must be a minority. Maintaining the status quo is paramount to those in power.

I'm no racist, I assure you. :)

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
wow, you teh r0x, lol!

They didn't cow you, though, did they? :)

Haha, I didn't think I rocked, I was pretty confused and I'll admit it kinda scared. But nah, I didn't back down.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are age, gender, religious, [insert whatever] minorities. Wherever there's a majority, there must be a minority. Maintaining the status quo is paramount to those in power.

I'm no racist, I assure you. :)
:D I'm quite sure you aren't. It's just that the 'minorities should know their place' thing that made it sound a bit racist.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
:D I'm quite sure you aren't. It's just that the 'minorities should know their place' thing that made it sound a bit racist.

i read the part about not knowing their place as if it were in quotes. as in, "doesn't know their place".

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Well thats if you take it literally. I took "Know their place" as an idiom to mean that they are 'imposing themselves on others' and they should know what level of power of position they stand in.