• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTP females and aggression

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
ive even been slapped a few times. sometimes i forget how weak most people are.
funnily ive never been hit by girl, only guys. im pretty sure i don't treat them too differently.
i should add that the extra male aggression i seem to get is mostly playful, which i don't mind.

I thought this was going to be about why NTP females are more aggressive.

same... cuz we totally are. RAWR!

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
People tend to act aggressively when a minority of any kind doesn't know their place.

as a multi-minority i totally agree with this.

to answer the OP.. YUP. But I think it has more to do with the fact that I'm not going to back down on something that I *know* the other person is wrong on. If it's a fact I've been known to whip out my BlackBerry and look shit up. Of course this gets me labeled as an asshole by some guys to which my usually response is I'd much rather be an asshole than a moron.

What's interesting is that I have yet to encounter a guy who will later admit he was in the wrong on something that results in a fact vs fact disagreement; yet I've seen them admit their wrongness to other men. It's almost as if by virtue of the fact I'm a woman and dared to challenge them this is some way offsets their wrongness.

:D I'm quite sure you aren't. It's just that the 'minorities should know their place' thing that made it sound a bit racist.

that's not what 010 said.....

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
^ Well thats if you take it literally. I took "Know their place" as an idiom to mean that they are 'imposing themselves on others' and they should know what level of power of position they stand in.

i read it as "know their place" as in 01011010 doesn't necessarily feel that way, but as an objective observation.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i read it as "know their place" as in 01011010 doesn't necessarily feel that way, but as an objective observation.
that's not what 010 said.....
I said it sounded racist as 010 said "...when a minority doesn't know their place." The "when" part makes it sound like it's fact that the minority are at a lower class than the majority. Many of the majority tend to lower their gaze at the minority when they should be treated more equally.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I said it sounded racist as 010 said "...when a minority doesn't know their place." The "when" part makes it sound like it's fact that the minority are at a lower class than the majority. Many of the majority tend to lower their gaze at the minority when they should be treated more equally.

Yes, that was the point - to illustrate that some people think that we have a place to be in. I wrote the same thing earlier.

I don't get the confusion.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes, that was the point - to illustrate that some people think that we have a place to be in. I wrote the same thing earlier.

Neither do I. The implication was that it was the majority view, not the poster's view. "Racist" seemed like a strange leap to make.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

You NTPs can twist the whole thing around though. NTP girls should be fine in screwing over the person giving the 'know your place' treatment. They would normally turn the whole thing back on the person let the person 'know his place' especially when dealing with them. I don't really see a huge problem about it.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You NTPs can twist the whole thing around though. NTP girls should be fine in screwing over the person giving the 'know your place' treatment. They would normally turn the whole thing back on the person let the person 'know his place' especially when dealing with them. I don't really see a huge problem about it.

wtf are you talking about? this is truly an idiotic statement.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
6yjkg0.gif

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
There are age, gender, religious, [insert whatever] minorities. Wherever there's a majority, there must be a minority. Maintaining the status quo is paramount to those in power.

I'm no racist, I assure you. :)

Women arnt a statistical minority, accept in china.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vubYloIzCg0"]now[/YOUTUBE]

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
One time MDP2525 was getting all mouthy with me so I grabbed her arms and pushed them into her repeatedly saying "stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself." When I let go I sensed she wanted to take a swing at me so I just put one hand on her head and held her back because her arms are too short to reach me.

A few will go so totally over the top aggressively, I've felt like I was supposed to back down or I was going to get physically hurt. Aggressive physical stances towards me, things being thrown near me or knocked over.

ive even been slapped a few times. sometimes i forget how weak most people are.
funnily ive never been hit by girl, only guys.

When does this sort of thing happen? I've only seen a women attacked once by a man who pushed her, and he was promptly stomped for it (by witnessing men). Are you sure these dudes are NT's? They sound awfully hemotional.

Black holes emit radiation you say?
razor.gif

I DON'T THINK SO

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ntp females - have you noticed males reacting to you more aggressively than other types, regardless of gender?

I wonder, because I do seem to get a fair amount of male aggression directed towards me in disputes and I wonder sometimes if it is because I don't argue as others might. Where I might look like a male arguing, because I am a female, certain males (not all) have trouble with communication with a female like this. I have also noticed that those same males will be able to argue fairly with a male in a similar dispute, but will react with threatening body language or verbal assasinations when engaged with a female in disputes. I thought he was going to die when he finally acknowledged it.

A friend of mine (intp female) has commented on much of the same, she said she thinks her style in disputes is an affront to some men.

Of course this is all with the usual disclaimers ***some men*** yadda yadda yadda.

Hahaha, yeah - some men just hate the shit out of me because I don't know my "place".

IME, most men will react as Jennifer said.

A few will go so totally over the top aggressively, I've felt like I was supposed to back down or I was going to get physically hurt. Aggressive physical stances towards me, things being thrown near me or knocked over. I have had so many examples, where as some of my other friends don't even have one lol.

Yes, I have even had this with one friend of a friend a couple times. The guy is from a culture where women defer to men and, well, I'm not. He actually said he'd kick my ass if I were a guy. LOL. Way to look like a twat.
It's kind of freaky. He carried a grudge and actually forced me to embarrass him by attempting to call me out on something, having me show him he was wrong, making a big stink out of it when I'd have dropped it, then getting egg on his face when confronted with his wrongness.

I do not present myself in a mannish way at all, so being feminine in demeanor is no protection. If you are feminine in fact, not one to back down from a good argument, and are such that you make him look emotional or irrational by comparison (which T women often do), then you may have an aggressive guy on your hands in short order.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
ever bothered trying to type these type of men? Maybe this would belong more in the SJ or SP forum.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ntp females - have you noticed males reacting to you more aggressively than other types, regardless of gender?

I wonder, because I do seem to get a fair amount of male aggression directed towards me in disputes and I wonder sometimes if it is because I don't argue as others might. Where I might look like a male arguing, because I am a female, certain males (not all) have trouble with communication with a female like this. I have also noticed that those same males will be able to argue fairly with a male in a similar dispute, but will react with threatening body language or verbal assasinations when engaged with a female in disputes.

A friend of mine (intp female) has commented on much of the same, she said she thinks her style in disputes is an affront to some men.

Of course this is all with the usual disclaimers ***some men*** yadda yadda yadda.

Don't you hate that you even have to make those disclaimers in the first place?

Sometimes I wonder how everyone can be stupid enough to even expect them.

In any event, this is just society being pissy that assertive Thinking-type women don't fall into their arbitrary little boxes for what women should be.

Fuck 'em.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Women and men get conditioned - women have to put extra effort into being accomodating and pleasing, particularly for men. The more a man feels entitled to this deference, the more threatened he will feel and the more hostilely he will react.

It goes across type, both ways. It also has to do more with culture and that includes generational differences.

I went to a women's college and hang out mostly with lezzies, and I'll say that especially amongst younger women (30 and under), the belief that "I am your equal" is pretty pervasive and runs across type. Feeler women, particularly EF women can be perceived as being too uppity or loud and not soft and meek like an 'ideal female'. EXFJ women can be feisty, lol.