• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Ti and Art

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't know...some art, especially music, just automatically resonates with me. The whole song (or film, or even painting) and its individual parts all speak to me on a certain level. That being said, I often find myself at a loss as to why I should be appreciating certain works when they don't mean anything to me, or make me feel a certain way. Like that metal sculpture that Paperoceans posted above...I have no idea why I should appreciate that on any level. But I don't think I'm somehow less capable of being moved by a work of art that I find beautiful because I am an INTP, and I don't think that analyzing a work makes me like it more or less if I had already come to a judgment about it (well, maybe more).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That painting reminds me of something that happened back when I was still in college and my parents came to visit. We have an art museum on campus, and, seeing as how my INFP mom was an art major, I thought I'd take them to look at.

One of the installations was basically a white wall or canvas with a lot of "threads" dribbled over it. Think of using cake frosting to create a kind of "spaghetti" look.

Needless to say, I didn't get it, but my mom thought it was brilliant. Something about the texture.