• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Well adjusted INTP guys

Memphis

My INTP lover is easily offended... our biggest working issue is my criticism and his inability to not take it personally

I've experienced this too. They seem to be pretty sensitive to how things are worded and what tone you use. At least when it's coming from a lover/partner.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I've experienced this too. They seem to be pretty sensitive to how things are worded and what tone you use. At least when it's coming from a lover/partner.

We primarily use Ne to look for meaning in any kind of information. This includes interpersonal interaction. If an INTP is insecure they can be particularly sensitive with any kind of ambiguous expression.

My gf "sighed" after sex once and I didn't sleep for two days, trying to figure out if it was a happy sigh or a disappointed sigh. And of course you can't ask because you end up looking like a psycho.

Pretty sure it was a disappointed sigh.

Ozzy26

MBTI Type
INTP
I've been lurking at this site for awhile now. For the most part I just enjoy sitting back and reading...learning from the discussions that go on here. But you know what? Today is the day. Today is the day I make my first post in this amazing thread. I feel as though it would be such a waste to not post in this thread.

Everyone remembers where they were when 9/11 happened right? When you first heard the news. Personally I was entering my 7th grade history class. I had a desk right next to the TV, which was tuned to a news station. As we were walking in my teacher was telling us something terrible happened. God that teacher was such a bitch though. She really hated me for some reason. It was probably because she gave us a lot of busy work, which I of course refused to do. Why make 7th graders read the newspaper and write about articles they read? Sure you want to get them into the habit of reading the paper but then writing 2 pages about the article? And on weekly basis? I had better things to do...like cause mischief in the neighborhood or play Starcraft. We always had to take these detailed notes on the textbook too. Desks would be split up into islands...with 5 desks at each island. Each island had an "island leader" or some bullshit. I never got to be island leader. I was always pretty bitter about that one. See the island leader had to check the notes of each student at their island at the beginning of each class to see if they actually did them. A good way for the teacher to assign us a lot of work without actually having to grade it herself. Each island leader would then report to the teacher concerning who did their work and who didn't. I would always try to bribe the island leader you know...or maybe peer pressure them. What kind of square would actually report that someone didn't do their notes? The chances of the teacher catching note fraud were so slim, but of course I could never convince my island leader of that. Maybe that's why I was never picked to be an island leader. Because whoever my island leader was would always report me not doing the notes and I would get bitched out by the teacher. She didn't trust me at all. Man that teacher really hated me...

Sorry I got kinda off topic there...what were we talking about? Oh yeah, you remember where you were on 9/11 right? Well, I will always remember where I was when I read this thread. I'm sitting at my desk, watching season 4 of Dexter, and eating some chicken/mashed potatoes/corn. Not the real kind, I'm a 20 year old college student. Its a Hungry Man frozen dinner. Still pretty good though. I'm gonna remember this day forever, and I'm sure you will too.

Thank you, justxher, for creating this thread and giving me that magnificent opportunity. I will remember this thread forever.

12/22/2009 NEVER FORGET!

[size=-5]I also consider myself a pretty well adjusted INTP[/size]

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
That was beautiful.

:cry:

I will always remember Ozzy26's first post.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Everyone remembers where they were when 9/11 happened right? When you first heard the news. Personally I was entering my 7th grade history class. I had a desk right next to the TV, which was tuned to a news station. As we were walking in my teacher was telling us something terrible happened. God that teacher was such a bitch though. She really hated me for some reason. It was probably because she gave us a lot of busy work, which I of course refused to do. Why make 7th graders read the newspaper and write about articles they read? Sure you want to get them into the habit of reading the paper but then writing 2 pages about the article? And on weekly basis? I had better things to do...like cause mischief in the neighborhood or play Starcraft.

Wow, I am pretty sure I was also playing starcraft when 9/11 happened. Hmm.

Ozzy26

MBTI Type
INTP
Wow, I am pretty sure I was also playing starcraft when 9/11 happened. Hmm.

I know I had to have just started playing it around that time. It marked the start of the era where I became consumed by online games/the internet in general. Up until about the 8th grade I was usually never around the house. I was always out with friends roaming the neighborhood finding fun wherever we could. Chicago can be a wild place for a preteen. I got my own computer around 7th grade and it all went downhill from there. It all started out so innocently too. I was always a big gamer when I was a kid and this was no different at first...until we got cable internet. I remember times when my friends came to the back door and I would tell my mom to tell them I was in the shower or something...just excuses so I could sit there and play Starcraft. By the time I got into high school I just stopped going out completely and for the next 2 years I had no outside social life whatsoever but that's a whole different story...

Apparently this became my reminisce about my preteen years thread lol...I'll stop now. I'm just in a good mood because I got paid today, The Office is on for 3 hours straight, and I have absolutely nothing to do tomorrow.

For the record I've never met an INFJ irl either. ENFP mom...INFP stepdad...ENFJ coworker. No INFJs that I'm aware of though. Maybe we avoid eachother.

Starcraft fanboys/fangirls.

Command and Conquer is better.

I played Red Alert a lot too at one point before Starcraft. Clearly it was replaced by a...*ahem* better game.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I played Red Alert a lot too at one point before Starcraft. Clearly it was replaced by a...*ahem* better game.

Which should have been replaced by Red Alert 2 when it game around.

Ozzy26

MBTI Type
INTP
Which should have been replaced by Red Alert 2 when it game around.

I still don't understand how I never picked that up. My friend came over to my house one time and played it online against another friend of ours and I thought it was amazing. Actually I still haven't played it for myself to this day. I think I know what to do tomorrow...

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I still don't understand how I never picked that up. My friend came over to my house one time and played it online against another friend of ours and I thought it was amazing. Actually I still haven't played it for myself to this day. I think I know what to do tomorrow...

Given that you're an INTP, you're going to think about how wonderful it would be to play the game. You'll have a blast spending a few hours of your time thinking about how to acquire it. Then you'll go to bed, wake up, think about just how much fun it was to think about the game, only to be left with a puzzling look on your face when you realize you didn't actually play it.

Ozzy26

MBTI Type
INTP
Given that you're an INTP, you're going to think about how wonderful it would be to play the game. You'll have a blast spending a few hours of your time thinking about how to acquire it. Then you'll go to bed, wake up, think about just how much fun it was to think about the game, only to be left with a puzzling look on your face when you realize you didn't actually play it.

I'm "purchasing" it right now actually. I'll probably start playing it tonight.

One could say that for an INTP I'm pretty...well adjusted

Or maybe its because I'm borderline J.

_Violence_

I suck at strategy games (Starcraft, Red Alert), because my brain just cannot seem to process macromanagement properly. I cannot build structures, gather resources, and command troops to combat simultaneously.

I suck at twitch-based games (Halo, Counterstrike).

I excel at micromanagement-based games, such as DotA, that have a methodical, logical playstyle to them.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx

We may have to banish you to the land of the Js.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ

You're either ACTUALLY a well adjusted INTP or you're just an INTJ imposter.

We shall see how this unfolds.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stop trying to sell your souls, you darned INTP's.

If well adjusted means having a good job, a steady income, a stable and reliable mindset and the will that rivals that of an extremist without the false beliefs craving a focused mindset in order to steer from the obvious untruths to avoid the demise of ones beliefs. Then look no further.

But if well adjusted means sacrificing the subjective as-absolute-as-possible truth that drives us INTP's, all just in order to keep people in the dark and thus shell them from our true existance in the so-called protective and caring way. Then keep on looking! I do not offer shadyness in order to 'fit in'.

And believe you me, I do it all for your own sakes. :smile: