• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Well adjusted INTP guys

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Then it is highly unlikely that you are INTP

http://www.purdue.edu/usp/pdfs/mbtiresources/INTP.pdf

"Because of the NT’s distaste for stating the obvious or being redundant, the NT is apt to verbalize
expressions of affection rather infrequently. To other types this seems cold and miserly, and they often
are hurt by the withholding. To the NT, stating what is already established is raising doubt where there
is none. The commitment has been made; the position has been taken. And this commitment stands until
notified. Therefore, clearly, it is unnecessary and inappropriate to restate the established and obvious. "

INTPs are also often sarcastic, much sarcasm can be found in stating the obvious or redundant...

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
I wonder then why it is used in very high level personnel assignment decisions in the federal government... I think there are plenty of people who could fall under more than one type, but, I disagree that it is "hullabaloo" as you so eloquently expressed

You've just lost.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wonder then why it is used in very high level personnel assignment decisions in the federal government...

Because it benefits the Illumnati. Duh. MBTI is another tool of the Illuminati conspiracy.

GatorGirl

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I did not mean to begin any conversation about government... sheesh I am simply in ove with an intp that works for and has extreme dedication to the government. and i've been drinking all day. so. take what you will!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was kind of joking. Anyway, I'm going to be working for the government in a couple of days. Here's hoping I won't run afoul of any rednecks in the California desert and wind up hanging from a tree.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Because it benefits the Illumnati. Duh. MBTI is another tool of the Illuminati conspiracy.

eBvGO.jpg

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Lol.

How did I miss this? Anyways, going to necromance for giggles.

INTPs are tough because you'll never notice them, ever. They tend to just keep to themselves. Plus, like someone has said, you're in applied science. Not exactly fishing with dynamite there.

TBH, I was never found in class either. If I wasn't in my dorm [90% of the time] I was in the back of the room reading the book instead of listening to the teacher if I had to, in the library, or in the Student Center decimating my opponents in ping pong.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It took me quite a few years and a lot of hard word, but I finally managed to adjust the people around me. I can now consider myself well adjusted.

Reread thread, I had already responded, and appropiatly too I see! :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well adjusted INTP girls are great too. :wubbie:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What do you got going for you? INTPs can be picky but not in the traditional sense of the word. If you are the type of person society puts on a pedestal it is likely the INTP will soon tire of you.

If you are an E show your INTP you can be laid back too. Es can burn out the INTP pretty quick unless they know what they are doing. INTPs can be adventurous for the short term but for long term they are looking for a specific type; they are not too sure about what they like about this new type but are pretty close to what types they will not tolerate long term, usually all you have to do is ask them.

If you can develop a soothing nature (doesn't have to be all of the time) it would be nice for the INTP. INTPs liken LTR mates who are flexible and open to negotiation.

Don't write off "manipulative" INTPs. Manipulation is just a word; but since it is often put in a negative context people often don't give just weight to the creative uses of creating patterns and strategies. If INTPs dont develop strategies and tactics they flounder.

INTPs can be incisive but if the INTP is negative "all" of the time they can be a big bore. Find a positive and manipulative INTP and don't let them know you are on to all of their games. If you make an INTP love you they will likely love you forever (even if they leave you).

Where to find them? Prolly the internet. Irl I don't know many INTPs. Maybe if you act like INTP bait while you look for them then they might help you find them.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I take it the OP is referring to "well-balanced" in MBTI terms (i.e. well developed Ne and Fe), in which case you're probably least likely to meet such an INTP on an applied science programme which I imagine correlates with predominant I and T (gross generalizations apart).

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
What do you got going for you? INTPs can be picky but not in the traditional sense of the word. If you are the type of person society puts on a pedestal it is likely the INTP will soon tire of you.

If you are an E show your INTP you can be laid back too. Es can burn out the INTP pretty quick unless they know what they are doing. INTPs can be adventurous for the short term but for long term they are looking for a specific type; they are not too sure about what they like about this new type but are pretty close to what types they will not tolerate long term, usually all you have to do is ask them.

If you can develop a soothing nature (doesn't have to be all of the time) it would be nice for the INTP. INTPs liken LTR mates who are flexible and open to negotiation.

Don't write off "manipulative" INTPs. Manipulation is just a word; but since it is often put in a negative context people often don't give just weight to the creative uses of creating patterns and strategies. If INTPs dont develop strategies and tactics they flounder.

INTPs can be incisive but if the INTP is negative "all" of the time they can be a big bore. Find a positive and manipulative INTP and don't let them know you are on to all of their games. If you make an INTP love you they will likely love you forever (even if they leave you).

Where to find them? Prolly the internet. Irl I don't know many INTPs. Maybe if you act like INTP bait while you look for them then they might help you find them.

Agreed. Especially on the love them forever part. It's nearly impossible for us to erase those neural connections we form when we form that kind of bond.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
This thread needs to be stickied.

I tried applied sciences, but they're much less interesting than pure science.