• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Well adjusted INTP guys

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@ rep: don't worry, like my avatar, I'm drunk and armed.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@ 2nd rep: another INTP

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I know a well adjusted INTP. He's casual and laid-back, kind and polite, inventive and creative, logical but empathetic, intellegent, idealistic but accepting, somewhat reserved but socially skilled. He wasn't always well-adjusted but he is now. He's probably my best friend. Is it vain to really like your own type?

I on the other hand am a less well adjusted INTP. I am shy, socially awkward and piss people off a lot.

Last edited:

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
I'm far from perfect but I like to think I'm as well adjusted as anyone. It only took me about 25 years.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By the way, if you adjust your external surroundings to match your needs (as opposed to adjusting yourself to match your external surroundings), it counts as being well-adjusted too. Right...

Right?

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
By the way, if you adjust your external surroundings to match your needs (as opposed to adjusting yourself to match your external surroundings), it counts as being well-adjusted too. Right...

Right?

*Burning down anything around me* Muhahahahaha

--------------------

Yeah, right.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
Hmm... an interesting idea. Relatively well adjusted. I'd say adapting your environment is a smart strategy.

What is absolutely well adjusted then? It would have to mean being well-adjustable, adaptable to different environments. Intp's moreso than many other types are good at being flexible, if only until cognitive dissonance takes hold.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I just wanted to publicly acknowledge that I've become less well-adjusted over the past year.

:banana:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just wanted to publicly acknowledge that I've become less well-adjusted over the past year.

:banana:

:solidarity:

First time that emote really works for me. :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, this thread is a lot longer than I thought it would be. :smile:

Everyone's gotta get out their crazy once in a blue moon.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I was going to say "That's what she said" but then I realised it doesn't quite work here.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The name of the thread should be well adjusted INTPs. Take the guys part out. Because some of us INTPs are female and well adjusted.

Yeah, I'm in a nitpicky mood today.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
IME, the INTP ladies are for more adjusted than the men.

We're complete weirdos, and mostly neurotic messes.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The name of the thread should be well adjusted INTPs. Take the guys part out. Because some of us INTPs are female and well adjusted.

Yeah, I'm in a nitpicky mood today.

Well, I'll be nitpicky back -- if the thread title came first, it's not its fault if a bunch of INTP women decided to talk about themselves in here instead.

(Then again, damn... that's my fault and now I guess I should split it all out! Uh, can I just forgive us and move on?)

IME, the INTP ladies are for more adjusted than the men.

Why is that, considering that INTP women seem to have more leverage on them to conform to social standards?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Why is that, considering that INTP women seem to have more leverage on them to conform to social standards?

For some reason, the women have an easier time being oppositional, while the men feel buried and helpess against that same social standard.

I really don't know why it is either.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For some reason, the women have an easier time being oppositional, while the men feel buried and helpess against that same social standard.

Whut???

I really don't know why it is either.

I see. Whew. I thought my brain was firing at half-speed for a minute there.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Whut???

I see. Whew. I thought my brain was firing at half-speed for a minute there.

Maybe I should have said, "the women seem to be more naturally oppositional" instead of having an easier time being so. It wasn't meant to imply the women have an easier time in general, I do think it's worse for them.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe I should have said, "the women seem to be more naturally oppositional" instead of having an easier time being so.

That's the part I don't get.

Or are you saying (coming from the other end of things) that the guys seem to be more passive/easy-going and just flex to whatever comes their way, even if they are not happy about it inside, and might feel powerless to change their lives?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
That's the part I don't get.

Or are you saying (coming from the other end of things) that the guys seem to be more passive/easy-going and just flex to whatever comes their way, even if they are not happy about it inside, and might feel powerless to change their lives?

Absolutely not, to the bolded. They're antsy, mopey, self-defeatist, insecure, and crippled by self doubt since they believe they have to be initiators socially and they don't think they can do it. I don't see this as much in the women.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
Well, I wasn't feeling antsy and insecure but I am now...

That analysis rings truer than I'd like.