• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Well adjusted INTP guys

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
All NTPs are a little mad. I think it's against our nature to be "well adjusted" :D

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
If we did a random sampling of mental hospitals, I bet we'd find a larger % of INTP there than outside in the real world.

Atomic Fiend

but but.. according to Kiersey, INTPs and ENTPs fall under "engineers" while NTJs fall under "coordinators"

In name only.

I'm not going to be a counselor when I grow up. More likely, I'm going to be a dirty old man living behind a strip mall.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe the problem isn't so much that you can't find any INTP's. I suspect, as others here have, that it's the "well-adjusted" part that's the larger problem.

Frankly, I'm pretty shocked to find that INTP's have a reputation for being weird.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Maybe the problem isn't so much that you can't find any INTP's. I suspect, as others here have, that it's the "well-adjusted" part that's the larger problem.

Frankly, I'm pretty shocked to find that INTP's have a reputation for being weird.

I shouldn't have put well adjusted at all I just threw it in there. The problem is that I seriously don't know a single INTP, and I have been having everyone I know typed lately.

All I want to see is what kind of dynamic I would have with an INTP. In theory INTPs seem uber appealing as a perfect complement but I cannot test this out as 12/13 of my closest friends are INTJs and I have never met an INTP.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
They are also extremely caring, thoughtful, and uncritical when they love someone. Have the capacity to love in abundance, something that I rarely see mentioned in the same sentence as INTP :D

Great senses of humour, almost impossible to offend, heaps of fun to talk to, I could go on and on... :yes:

This is really true. Always been a big fan.

Oh and, INTP's that are always sweet and nice are probably manipulative bastards. :D

Also really true... exceptions are made for when they are head over heels, though. And really, which one of us NTs can claim that we are not manipulative?

Usually they're older. At least 30 I'd say.

My god, so damn true.

I shouldn't have put well adjusted at all I just threw it in there. The problem is that I seriously don't know a single INTP, and I have been having everyone I know typed lately.

All I want to see is what kind of dynamic I would have with an INTP. In theory INTPs seem uber appealing as a perfect complement but I cannot test this out as 12/13 of my closest friends are INTJs and I have never met an INTP.

I can totally see INTP/ENTJ working quite well. I'm dating an INTP and when I am in balls-to-the-wall super-overdrive mode (the mode I associate with ENTJs...), he gets motivated super quickly and we get a lot accomplished. He usually takes the lead, even on things that I initiate. I never thought being organized and productive could be so much fun. However, there is no way either one of us could be like that all the time...

I'm sure you've met plenty of INTPs and haven't even noticed. They are an elusive bunch... I have a few INTP friends that are real underachievers and work in fields that do not match their skill set. I think they (the ones that I know) feel that a job that requires almost no interaction with people is better than a job where they shine through achievements. A good INTP friend of mine has an MS degree and has worked in a supermarket stock room for as long as I can remember. He is simply begging for a good ENTJ to encourage him and make him crawl out of his head.