• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Competition, conflict and capitalist apologetics

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
It is my intention to identify the source of spitefulness in competition.

Is negative sentiment a necessary attribute of opposition?

I believe not.

Superiority is not the motivation of the improver, rather the motivation is a desire to utility.

When a man is bested, then does he feel worthless and feel necessitated to alter himself.

Is it not possible then for the sentiment present in the besting of each other to be a compassionate sentiment? I challenge you in order to necessitate your virtue, in order that you may live.

The action is also selfish, for your continued competition is that which necessitates my improvement.

The loss of a worthy opponent is terrible.

The source of our sentiments seems inherently participatory. In order for me to feel either negatively or positively towards you, I must necessarily have a sense of you, you must be the target or my action which carries sentiment.

Fraternity therefore seems a necessary precursor to happy capitalism.

The issue lies not in the mechanics of economics and politics but in their elements, in the people.

Negative sentiment (EDIT: between competitors) is inefficient, it is evil.

Goatman455

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
It is my intention to identify the source of spitefulness in competition.

Is negative sentiment a necessary attribute of opposition?

I believe not.

Superiority is not the motivation of the improver, rather the motivation is a desire to utility.

When a man is bested, then does he feel worthless and feel necessitated to alter himself.

Is it not possible then for the sentiment present in the besting of each other to be a compassionate sentiment? I challenge you in order to necessitate your virtue, in order that you may live.

The action is also selfish, for your continued competition is that which necessitates my improvement.

The loss of a worthy opponent is terrible.

The source of our sentiments seems inherently participatory. In order for me to feel either negatively or positively towards you, I must necessarily have a sense of you, you must be the target or my action which carries sentiment.

Fraternity therefore seems a necessary precursor to happy capitalism.

The issue lies not in the mechanics of economics and politics but in their elements, in the people.

Negative sentiment is inefficient, it is evil.

I think in the long run, if one feels they are on even terms with their opponent, then "the sentiment present in the besting of each other [will] be a compassionate sentiment.

However in the case where one person or group is repeatedly getting the shaft, you will most definitely have a negative sentiment and it is not necessarily evil. One should want to improve oneself, but that does not necessarily mean the group that has some sort of 'power' whether it economic, social or the like, over another is an improvement, a step down, or somewhere in between.

I think if we are all equals and we treat each other as such, capitalism works wonderfully. However, clearly that is not the case, and in a system that promotes selfishness, the selfish, manipulative, and 'evil' as you call it will gain a marked advantage if they are cunning enough to fool the average person.

Disclaimer: This is merely an observation and not my economic views, though it is certainly my view on economics.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
OOOH, good point.

Yeah I was referring to negative sentiment between competitors, not so much the negative sentiment which is a reaction to being trodden on.

I don't call selfishness evil, neither manipulation. I don't consider selfishness or manipulation to be inherently malicious and I think I equate evil with maliciousness.

Also it is true that I'm leaving out those who don't compete and also those who are incapable of competing. Should they be pitied?