• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP Enneagram Differences?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm starting to pay more attention to the whole enneagram thing. Don't trust it, but I'm curious.

There are some people who are labeled ENTPs who do not resemble me anymore than an ESTJ does. And I find them as annoying as I find ESTJs.

And then there are others who are virtually identical.

I'm a 7. If I'm taking the wing thing seriously (I'm not), I'm 7w6. If I'm honest, I'm 7w3.

Would this type look drastically different from an ENTP 5? Or 7w8? And what would be the difference between, for example, an ENTP 7w6 and an ENFP 7w6?

I'm not sure of the goal of this thread, but let's see what happens.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Sorry... not an ENTP... don't want to invade your space but was interested... I am 7w6 also... can you get 7w3 cos if so I would like to take a look !? The wing thing is a bit confusing for me... why each number can only have certain wings... Where is the cat when you need him hey !?? :D:D:D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a 6w7, and I keep thinking that I'm an introvert, which might be because I am, or I just have an introverted enneagram, I seriously don't know. An ENTP 5 would probably easily be mistaken for an INTP, most of the INTP traits seem to line up with enneagram 5. I think the 5 and 6 ENTPs are less likely to be as assertive too, 5s being the least assertive. The only ENTPs I don't really have a feel for are the 3s, apparently they should have a few more judging traits than the normal ENTPs, they'd probably nearly mistake themselves for ENTJs, I think substitute might be a 3, I can't remember, Entropie and CJ are 3s too... well, probably. I think the 3s are kind of rarer.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Sorry... not an ENTP... don't want to invade your space but was interested... I am 7w6 also... can you get 7w3 cos if so I would like to take a look !? The wing thing is a bit confusing for me... why each number can only have certain wings... Where is the cat when you need him hey !?? :D:D:D

7w3 comes from the enneagram nirvana where each number has as many wings as it can stick on. Watch that 7 fly high, high, up and away! Good view up there until the oxygen runs out.:D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dunno what my enneagram type is fo' sure, I relate to 7 and 8 but I'd guess I'm more likely a 5. Do I look drastically different? :huh:

LEVINA

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
At first I was a 3w6. I'm still very ambitious, I have to have mah status (LOL), but the quiz only measured motivation. I am quite cautious even though most of the time I ignore that part of me. Now if you put me in a 6 profile, there is nothing I can relate to. Nothing.

So I took a traits test, and I got a 7w8 sx/so which fit me much much more. In matter of fact, 7 is literally the most accurate profile of myself there is. My 7 on that test scores off the chart, the closest (8) is only about 1/3 to a 1/2 of the size of the 7 bar.

THEN, next in line comes 3. My lowest is a 9 and a 4.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I read that 7w6 ENTPs are the most F-seeming. For a while, I even wondered if I was an ENFP, but I don't have Fi. I think my Fe is stronger than my Ti. Ne rules everything, of course.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I read that 7w6 ENTPs are the most F-seeming. For a while, I even wondered if I was an ENFP, but I don't have Fi. I think my Fe is stronger than my Ti. Ne rules everything, of course.

Wouldn't be surprised if those who are 7's are more likely to question being ENFP while 5's are more likely to question being INTP and so on.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm a 7 with balanced wings. I think 7 is the most common enneagram for ENTP's. I don't know much about enneagrams though, so I don't know if there is much to the whole system in general.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
7 fits me scarily well, and my 8 wing makes sense. Never confused myself with ENFP.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
7 supposedly fits most ENTP's, I don't know too much about enneagrams though... personally I thought I should be a 5w7 which's supposedly impossible though...

BlackCat thinks I'm 4w3 but thought 7w6 at first like most of the people seem to get above.

I have no clue myself. Imma just guess that I have noooooo idea.

Synthetic Darkness

7w8 but if 7w5 was possible I'd choose that.

What the hell is wrong with the enneagram wings they are f*cking annoying.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram makes a HUGE difference in a person.

A 7w8 and a 7w6 ENTP will look drastically different. 7w8 ENTPs are the most common, and seem to be the ones that people always gripe about. The ENTPs that are 3s and 6s are pretty cool. An 8 ENTP will probably look like an ENTJ to someone without a good eye for type.

Just like how, for example, a type 4 vs 9 INFJ, or a type 4 vs 9 INFP, will be drastically different from the other. Then you have those enneagram 5 INFs that just don't fit in with anyone and think that they are NT, and then you have the occasional 6 or 1 that's just an oddball.

Just my observations.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
7w8 but if 7w5 was possible I'd choose that.

What the hell is wrong with the enneagram wings they are f*cking annoying.

I know! The 'theory' assumes that only those things which're closely related are even possible to have a major effect on each other... it's like... why? Can't yeu both value fun AND intelligence?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know! The 'theory' assumes that only those things which're closely related are even possible to have a major effect on each other... it's like... why? Can't yeu both value fun AND intelligence?

7's integrate into 5, so when you are "positive" and going through "personal growth" you will take on some 5 traits as a 7. That doesn't make you 7w5. That just means you're a healthy 7. This can also skew your test scores, like a healthy 8 will probably take on some 2 traits and score a good bit 2 on the test, etc.

I've noticed that you NPs try to twist these systems of personality, like MBTI and enneagram, without even actually having read everything about it. Jesus, read the material before coming to a conclusion. If you people read everything about enneagram you'd realize how everything fits together.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
A 7w8 and a 7w6 ENTP will look drastically different. 7w8 ENTPs are the most common, and seem to be the ones that people always gripe about. The ENTPs that are 3s and 6s are pretty cool.

What people gripe about 7w8 ENTPs? Do they also gripe about 7w8 ESTPs or ENFPs? What makes 3s and 6s "cool" in your opinion?

I've noticed that you NPs try to twist these systems of personality, like MBTI and enneagram, without even actually having read everything about it. Jesus, read the material before coming to a conclusion. If you people read everything about enneagram you'd realize how everything fits together.

You were an NP just a few days ago.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
7w8 here and it's very easy for me to slide into ESTP and ENFP because my Se and Fe and pretty highly developed and pretty much equal. Even though those are easy for me to become, ENTP is my default.