• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP/INTJ conversational dynamic

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have a lot of fun with INTJ's, but this conversation was just hilarious to me and highlighted the awesome dynamic that the 2 INTx types can have together. No wonder the "S's" of the world think we belong in a nuthouse.

Me: Do you have any soda in the fridge?
INTJ: Does a bear shit in the forest?
Me: What?
INTJ: I said, does a bear shit in the forest?
Me: Heck yes he does!
INTJ: How do you know?
Me: Because scientists have found it there.
INTJ: How do you know that?
Me: Because I read it in a book.
INTJ: What book?
Me: A book issued to me in the 4th grade.
INTJ: How do you know that book is reputable?
Me: Because it was approved by the educational system which is overseen by the government.
INTJ: So what does that mean? Are you saying that they're more reputable than me?
Me: Heck yes that's what I'm saying. They've been around since 1776 or whatever the heck it is and you're just some "Johnny Come Lately" that shows up sometime in the 1950's and starts trying to undermine what they've been doing for a couple of centuries.
INTJ: That still doesn't prove that a bear shits in the forest. Unless you've seen it there yourself.
Me: OK, a bear doesn't shit in the forest!
INTJ: Where does he shit then?
Me: He doesn't. He's severely constipated for most of the year. Then he gets so full of crap that he has to go in a cave and hibernate for months at a time. And he survives in the cave by waking up and having midnite snacks of his own poop. Until finally all of his poop is out of him and he's ready to come out and start the process over again.
INTJ: But, if he poops in the cave then he's still pooping in the forest.
Me: Nope. The cave isn't in the forest. The cave is like the "suburbs" of the forest - it's on the outskirts of town so to speak.
INTJ: You're more full of shit than the bear.
Me: You brought it up.
INTJ: Just drink your freakin' soda and shut up.

:rofl1:

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Can I borrow your INTJ for conversation sometime?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
:laugh: Yes, that sounds like many of the better conversations that I've had with INTPs.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
so, now, of course, i see that it's probably not a guy at all.

figures.

MBTI Type
INTJ
One of my favorite people in the whole world is an INTP, and that sounds exactly like one of our conversations. I think it's a great pairing...similar enough to get each other, but dissimilar enough to be interesting.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Don't worry about it. INTJs swap gender at will.

there are a lot of debates that i'd enjoy having, but whether or not that's a penis i'm looking at isn't one of them.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
actually, upon reflection, i'd probably enjoy having that debate too.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
there are a lot of debates that i'd enjoy having, but whether or not that's a penis i'm looking at isn't one of them.
actually, upon reflection, i'd probably enjoy having that debate too.

If an INTJ had its pants off and was fully within your reaches, why bother debating anything :newwink:

Is this too much of a derail? It is still NTJ-NTP conversation...?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
foreplay.

that and i can multi-task.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
LOL. How did "gender" find its way into this thread? The comment about "being a guy" went right over my head. I'm a guy. The INTJ I conversated with is a guy. As for the bear in our discussion, he was also a guy. No females.

But, anyways, yeah - I suspect there are some other INTJ's within my (somewhat small) network, but we don't seem to want to put in the work to get to know each other like that. We're content to just keep our distance and have a good laugh now and then. It'd be cool to get closer to them.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love how INTJs question everything that is considered refutable (especially school and authority figures)
SJ: I need to join the military
INTJ: why would you want to do that?
SJ: to serve my country
INTJ: what's the point of that
SJ: I'm supposed to, it's the responsible thing to do
INTJ: that's what Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Napoleon, and Ghenghis Khan all said
SJ: well what else am I supposed to do then
INTJ: I dunno, try something where you won't die
SJ: don't you care about your country
INTJ: lol no
SJ: what do you care about then
INTJ: money mutha fucka