• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The Male NT

Lithium Onyx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, instead we get called "icy bitches" :huh:

I don't think we're any better off.

Anyway, NT guys rock my socks off for the most part.

I was just about to say "arrogant bitch" until I noticed your post, Poppy. :doh: As a separate thought, whether NT males have it harder or easier than NT females, I think INTJs will always be better off than INTPs.

Plus, they're more organized and I'd say just a bit better socially, too.

Anyway, I am pretty sure NT males have it easier, however arbitrary male-vs-female debates are. Almost every female INTx has, at some point, thought about how much easier her life would be if she had been born male. And when you think about the NT personality characteristics, they tend to be rather gender-specific.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I love NT males but notice that life can be rough for them since many do not fit into the stereotypical "masculine" category. But then again, most NT females don't exactly scream "feminine" either.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Well, I don't think I've had too much real trouble; at the very least, the trouble I've had has always been outweighed by the positives. Yes, when I had to be in the same room with somebody extremely dumb and I just didn't say a word for the whole time people would think I was crazy; otoh they would often come to me for advice in intellectual matters and-or to "figure out" something, which I personally liked.
I've also always loved sports - as a partecipator, not as a spectator (boring) - so I didn't have problems with that.

Some ST guys are a bit more masculine than me, in the sense of "super-assertive", but I think I'm still quite masculine, above average probably. My opinion is that ENTJs have the easiest time among all the NT males, in terms of social adaptation.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
The world has a place for INTJ poets, ENTP armchair philosophers, and ENTJ dictators.

I'm not sure if there's too much of a spot for INTP good-for-nothings.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Most guys are turned on by icy bitches, but "smartass" males are a huge turnoff.
Please tell this to all of the guys who think I'm bizarre/overly masculine.

Also, do you think this is about sexual interest? Being thought of as an icy bitch doesn't really gain anyone's favor, male or female.

And anyway, the same could be said for women who dig the "strong, silent type", which applies at the very least to IXTX men.

@poppy: Getting confused between TJ and NT is not good. ISTJ, ESTJ, INTJ and ENTJ girls can get called 'icy bitches'. NT girls as a whole though would probably be seen as 'the girls who are hard to get' or 'feminists'.

Lol. Ok.

Look, I'm not trying to invalidate the difficulties of being an NT male, but I think it's important to recognize the parts that do make it difficult (as many others have been doing), and get rid of this "NT girls have it so easy because [insert ridiculous reasoning here]" crap.

It's right here, in my heart :heart:

:D

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
The world has a place for INTJ poets, ENTP armchair philosophers, and ENTJ dictators.

You have Ti, don't you? Who needs external validation?

Anyways, I've always had this small dream of being a mathematician-philosopher. There's never enough of those if you ask me.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
Although there is not a one-to-one relationship, INTP seems to correlate well with high intelligence. (By that, I mean intelligence in the traditional sense, not in the "multiple intelligences" sense.) I don't know how I inherited my natural intelligence, as nobody on either side of my family is particularly smart, but sometimes I wish I hadn't. It's a blessing and a curse. Education up through high school was a joke. I just understood things well enough that I didn't have to apply myself. As a result, I never learned good study habits or developed any self-discipline. Now, even after a full year of college, my habits have hardly changed. I actually have to put forth effort, but I don't know how.

Matthew_Z said:
Anyways, I've always had this small dream of being a mathematician-philosopher.

That's where I'm headed at the moment. Two of the other three INTPs I know in person are also headed in that direction (one to math-philosophy and the other to just philosophy). I guess we just have a natural affinity for that sort of thing.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm always the foundation. With anyone who I respect or care about or who looks for leadership from me, I feel obligated to do everything in my power to make sure they're well taken care of. Couple that with being quickly adaptable and virtually never losing my cool and it makes people depend on me, I think. It's an unending responsibility, but I don't think I would ever give it up.

I also tend to be the one who does things from behind the scenes and never really expects or receives recognition for them. Not sure if that's good or bad. I guess, I'm generally the person who tries to make sacrifices and take on the things that an NF would have more problems with. Even when I'm having some emotional difficulty, I try not to show it because I know I need to be the rock for the people around me.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being thought of as an icy bitch doesn't really gain anyone's favor, male or female.

Cold and unattainable women = sexy.
I can see why NT(J) girls are well-liked by the other gender, even if most guys ultimately settle for the easier pray.

And anyway, the same could be said for women who dig the "strong, silent type", which applies at the very least to IXTX men.

ISTX men, mostly. Few women would percieve say, an INTP as the "strong, silent type".

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I can see why NT(J) girls are well-liked by the other gender, even if most guys ultimately settle for the easier pray.
Your opinion.

ISTX men, mostly. Few women would percieve say, an INTP as the "strong, silent type".
And your opinion.

Anyway, my point was simply that there are both pros and cons to being an NT male, and that there are pros and cons to being an NT female. Arguing as though there are only disadvantages to being an NT male and only advantages to being an NT female is plain dumb. For every time an NT female is admired, she will be called cold and arrogant. For every time an NT male is called a "smartass" he will be called smart. Srsly.

I will bow out of this thread now.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

ADon’t know too many INTPs, and don’t actively judge people as to their perceived MBII type particularly NTs so it is kinda hard to compare. Feel bit of a paradox in that have been called the strong silent type or aloof by many people who don't know me. Have attended some college classes and gone through the whole semester without hardly talking to anyone except the teacher. (limited to those classes that don't encourage interaction between the students). Some times just shut down verbally and will not talk.

Am tall and medium build so often I am considered "strong". Also a bit of a rebel in being separate from most “group think” and that is seen by some as “being strong”.

Not naturally good at small talk (although I have mostly overcome this hurdle in my life)

Not one to be into spectator sports or cults of personality (although am always interested in strategy, systems and tactics, nevertheless find a lot of the emotion and fluff of spectator sports to be off-putting). A NT girl can get away with this prejudice and not have this be an instant rapport killer.

In general NT females have a harder time with because in social pressure for females tend to be more group oriented in western society. This has pluses as well as minuses but it would personally drive me a little batty.

Would be more dangerous to be a NT female because I like roaming wherever and with whoever and my size keeps me safe from most physical threats. If I was a woman I think there would be likelihood that I would be raped, physically attacked maybe event killed for roaming on my own in darker more dangerous situations.

Have been able to turn my "weakness" of being “socially inept” by appearing to be a social butterfly, an "in between" person, a “balance shifter” as I appear to get along with all sorts of people. Its not that I want to be social it just a viable alternative to avoid falling into any "clique" which I find rather repulsive (at least as far as most of the "cliques" offered so far.) If forced into a “clique” have a preference to the anti social clique.

The irony is that once a person gets to know me I am pretty verbal "about issues I think are important". Most things most people are talking about are not important it just makes them feel a certain way when they are talking about it. Thus if there is an attraction for being strong silent it is usually dispelled.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, do you think this is about sexual interest? Being thought of as an icy bitch doesn't really gain anyone's favor, male or female.

There are definitely some men that drool over the icy, aloof women. I don't know how prevalent they are though. And eventually, I think they get tired of it when they see that the woman is always going to be that way and never really "softens."

INTJ men make pretty good strong, silent types, IMO.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your opinion.

Of course it's my opinion, what did you expect? Nobody has real statistical data to back up their claims, we're talking about experiences and personal preferences.

eventually, I think they get tired of it when they see that the woman is always going to be that way and never really "softens."

Agreed.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are definitely some men that drool over the icy, aloof women. I don't know how prevalent they are though. And eventually, I think they get tired of it when they see that the woman is always going to be that way and never really "softens."

You mean she WON'T change after you marry her? Alleluja!

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
There are definitely some men that drool over the icy, aloof women. I don't know how prevalent they are though.

REI.jpg

:wubbie:

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
One thing I've wondered is if NT men sometimes masquerade as ST men as a way of fitting in? Especially during the "fit in or be singled out" years of high school?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One thing I've wondered is if NT men sometimes masquerade as ST men as a way of fitting in? Especially during the "fit in or be singled out" years of high school?

I guess that really depends on whether or not they cared to fit in. The ones who did I've noticed put effort into the masquerade; the ones who didn't, didn't. Then in some places the ones who didn't found groups they wouldn't have to act around together.