• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and Movie Genre

What are your top 5 movie genre's?

• Action

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Adult

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Adventure

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Animation

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Comedy

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • Crime

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Disaster

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Documentary

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Drama

• Fantasy

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Horror

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Musical

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Mystery

• Romance

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Sci-Fi

Votes: 32 72.7%
  • Short

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Sport

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Thriller

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • War

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Western

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey guys

What movie type do you like the most.....?

There are a few I would never watch and I tend towards 3 or 4 main types....

L

Sorry I did it again, it's multi choice...

Qre:us

I really like short films because there's something so ingenious about telling a whole story, with a limited time-frame. It forces {the good films, at least} for subtlety to say what is not said, left unsaid.

I'd love if people can give recs for NT movies too?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd love if people can give recs for NT movies too?

What do you mean NT movies.... example please.

Short storys are Ok, but I'm a drama thiriller girl... I noticed if I scan through my DVD collection I own very few comedies... which may be because I watch DVD's over... I don't own many murder mysteries on DVD either - once you've seen it once you know who dunnit...

Ohhh an NT movie might be "the Name of the Rose" - Sean Connery playing a Jesuit Monk solving a few murders... is that what you mean....

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Voted.
FWIW. Netflix says my most watched genres are:

* Classics
* Documentary
* Drama - often thrillers
* Foreign
* Independent

Not many comedies on the list, but among those Dark Humor & Black Comedies are common.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Voted.
FWIW. Netflix says my most watched genres are:

* Classics
* Documentary
* Drama
* Foreign
* Independent

Ah I took the list of classification from wiki... I see that comedy isn't a hot choice right now... so maybe I'm not alone... Sci-Fi seems to be right up there...

Another possible NT film

21 - about counting cards in Vagas... loved that film

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ranging from most to less preferred:

Documentary
Sci-Fi
Comedy
Mystery

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
I've noticed my favorite movies take place in one day.
3 o'clock high
clerks/clerks 2
Running Scared
Dinner Rush
Run Lola Run
Kids
I've recently discovered westerns are pretty awesome too.
No Name on the Bullett
Pale Rider
Open Trail
Broken Range
Renegade (has the craziest climactic battle scene ever)
As for sci-fi, it has to something really interesting. I absolutely loved The Fountain.
I also love coming of age films.
SLC Punk
Metropolitan
Any suggestions?

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sci-Fi; Fantasy/Adventure; Horror; Thriller; Crime; Animation; War

It's not on this list, but I also enjoy period (esp. 18th - 19th century) films. :)

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I only like Horror movies and movies with a lot of explosions and body parts flying all over the place.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Dark comedy, Horror, Action, and... children's animated movies :blush:

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Alright. Which sap voted for musicals?

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Alright. Which sap voted for musicals?

Haha! You may have to corner each voter individually to get the answer. ;)

Musicals aren't in my top favorite genres, though there's a few good ones like Into the Woods -- a slightly morbid, realistic twist on well-known fairy tales. :)

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Lessee. Comedy, horror, crime (by this I hope you mean like...heist films, or detective films :heart:), war, sci-fi.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Haha! You may have to corner each voter individually to get the answer. ;)

Musicals aren't in my top favorite genres, though there's a few good ones like Into the Woods -- a slightly morbid, realistic twist on well-known fairy tales. :)

Well, if it's morbid, then ok. like the original versions the Brothers Grimm tales.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
This kind of question always strikes me as inane. Who worth talking to really cares about the trappings, in fiction? What does it matter?

What matters is if the film (if we're talking about film, as we are here) has something of merit to say, and if it does a good job saying it. If it chooses to use space ships to express itself, then all right. If it uses horses and revolvers or long, burning gazes, then fine. They're all just tools. The purpose is expression.

It's harder to find a good idea, well expressed, than it is to find a diverting bit of image wank.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
This kind of question always strikes me as inane. Who worth talking to really cares about the trappings, in fiction? What does it matter?

What matters is if the film (if we're talking about film, as we are here) has something of merit to say, and if it does a good job saying it. If it chooses to use space ships to express itself, then all right. If it uses horses and revolvers or long, burning gazes, then fine. They're all just tools. The purpose is expression.

It's harder to find a good idea, well expressed, than it is to find a diverting bit of image wank.

Great points my good sir! Art is art.

Though I imagine that the purpose of the thread was simply to determine what genres people tend to gravitate towards. And given a series of movies from different genres that I find equally enjoyable, there are some I might choose over others. Or if I went to the theater and new nothing about any of the movies except what was on the poster, I might choose x over y. (But yes, it is all a very superficial sort of evaluation)