• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP's and INTP's

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
He was dressed strangely, had plaid shorts (don't you INTPs like plaid?), the typical Californian flip-flops and then... knee high athletic sports socks with green stripes at the top. How weird!

So, you're saying he was a retiree from South Florida? Or maybe a European on vacation?

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
So, you're saying he was a retiree from South Florida? Or maybe a European on vacation?

All of the above and then some. All that he's missing is some Birkenstock sandals.

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
All of the above and then some. All that he's missing is some Birkenstock sandals.

Well of course...he was wearing California flip-flops. Maybe it was a European who retired to South Florida on vacation out your way....

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Anyone ever met an ENTP that they were just really glad they knew? I feel as though ENTP's manage to be interested in much of the things INTP's are interested in, but they make it seem cool. I feel as though INTP's have things to learn from ENTP's.

I'd like to ask the ENTP's if they've ever had friendships with the INTP, and what they felt they got out of it.

my general feeling about INTP's and ENTP's is that the E (me in this case) sees the I as smart and interesting, and probably cool and potentially fun, but just too much hard work in many ways, to get them to actually share their interesting/fun sides with the outside world.

But from the other perspective, there seems to be way, way more hostility towards the E from the I than the other way round. E's view of I is generally benevolent, a little apprehensive maybe but usually acknowledging that this is just a personal preference thing. But there seems to me to be an amount of bitterness and resentment coming from I to E that I find quite bewildering.

...having said that, I know a couple of individual INTP's who I get on okay with... only one that I could say I get on very well with. The other, I feel we COULD get on well, but he sorta doesn't seem to want to cos for some reason he likes to act like he hates me :mellow:

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
my general feeling about INTP's and ENTP's is that the E (me in this case) sees the I as smart and interesting, and probably cool and potentially fun, but just too much hard work in many ways, to get them to actually share their interesting/fun sides with the outside world.

But from the other perspective, there seems to be way, way more hostility towards the E from the I than the other way round. E's view of I is generally benevolent, a little apprehensive maybe but usually acknowledging that this is just a personal preference thing. But there seems to me to be an amount of bitterness and resentment coming from I to E that I find quite bewildering.

...having said that, I know a couple of individual INTP's who I get on okay with... only one that I could say I get on very well with. The other, I feel we COULD get on well, but he sorta doesn't seem to want to cos for some reason he likes to act like he hates me :mellow:

It's because the majority of them are socially inept, which is the main reason why I lean more towards eNTP. I keep scoring INTP, but everyone around me agrees that I'm an E. I don't know, all the INTPs that I have met need to get off their high horses; I mean, it's cool that they are so "smart" (or whatever that is supposed to mean), but there is a time and place for everything and shunning people because you think they are below you is very immature and childish. Sometimes the things that INTPs say can rub people the wrong way. And although I too like talking about science and theories~ I do not like to do it all the time and it seems that is all INTPs have to offer :D It's boring.

I think they resent us because people generally like us and perhaps they want to be liked too... Deep down... Somewhere. Even though they pretend to not give a shit.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
It's because the majority of them are socially inept, which is the main reason why I lean more towards eNTP. I keep scoring INTP, but everyone around me agrees that I'm an E. I don't know, all the INTPs that I have met need to get off their high horses; I mean, it's cool that they are so "smart" (or whatever that is supposed to mean), but there is a time and place for everything and shunning people because you think they are below you is very immature and childish. Sometimes the things that INTPs say can rub people the wrong way. And although I too like talking about science and theories~ I do not like to do it all the time and it seems that is all INTPs have to offer :D It's boring.

I think they resent us because people generally like us and perhaps they want to be liked too... Deep down... Somewhere. Even though they pretend to not give a shit.

Rubbish, you seem to be talking about assholes and nerds, not about INTPs. If you think an INTP feels better than you but he's not a general asshole, try working on your self esteem.

Last edited:

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
I want a psychologically/philosophically minded INTP to move in with me in a designer flat in the central part of <Undisclosed Northern European Capital>

PM me

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Rubbish, you seem to be talking about assholes and nerds, not about INTPs. If you think an INTP feels better then you but he's not a general asshole, try working on your self esteem.

LOL OK this was exactly what I was talking about :happy0065:

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
It seems that I'm an INTP who became an ENTP who went back to being an INTP. I can't really spot a reason for this, but I'm desperately trying to convince myself that's not the point :p I rather enjoyed enjoying the journey rather than the ends.

Anyway, any ideas on how one goes about improving the ever elusive Ne?

indiajones

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
My moms and ENTP and my dads an INTP and they complement each other perfectly. I think it's the fact that they can understand each other, but they aren't constantly competing, because there are some differences.

computerdisplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
No..no, no, and...no.

One of the worse things about the MBTI is the fact that people trying to figure it out by themselves tend to be ignorant on "reading" and/or are probably stupid...

1.-this person says he/she scores I but he/she is an E...its all about the individual functions which obviously are unknown by "paperoceans", its part of the INTP personality to "change" behavior drasticaly to know its surroundings, sometimes they tend to live using the Ne function, wich will even make us seem extraverted sometimes, and sometimes the Ti function, ENTPs usually will be using a lot more Ne than an INTP would, but that doesnt mean INTPs dont use it

2.-the reason he/she is so nasty about INTP is because he/she didnt like the type description, ironicaly enough this is part of the profile..."INTPs are often in the line between arrogance and low self steem", by the way...(if you think the INTPs around you should get "off their high horses" perhaphs you should get off your high ass and concider someone might be thinking the same thing about you)

3.-INTPs are not "socially inept" the way this person says they are, actually, school "nerds" tend to be INTJs a lot more than INTP, and the reason why they "rub people the wrong way" is because they DO interact with other people, this again, is because of the extraverted iNtuicion...(and to those of you who say that INTPs argue less than a ENTP would, this is not always the case, ENTPs could get lost while arguing for putting to much enphasis to the "arguing" and to little to the "facts)

4.-science and technology is not all an INTP has to offer, in fact...if that where the case, that person will most likely be an INTJ who "masters its field" and dedicates to it faithfully, while the INTP will know about EVERYTHING he is interested in, it could be from the most complex economy issues to gray`s anatomy last episode

and finaly again... INTPs are not people who sit on the couch and "think" all day long, their strenghts DO have practical aplications that are not necesarily related to technology, philosofy or any of that stuff, an INTP can be succesfull in many fields, it just takes that he is interested.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
.(if you think the INTPs around you should get "off their high horses" perhaphs you should get off your high ass and concider someone might be thinking the same thing about you)

I couldn't keep from laughing. I'm sorry.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey again. It's possible I might use Ne more than I use Ti , but I seem to need time to recharge.

My new job involves me living and working very heavily in a group. I've even spent break time around them. I've only spent the last few days to myself, but I find that it's something I need a lot.

I guess I'm not sure what type that makes me. What do you think?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hey again. It's possible I might use Ne more than I use Ti , but I seem to need time to recharge.

My new job involves me living and working very heavily in a group. I've even spent break time around them. I've only spent the last few days to myself, but I find that it's something I need a lot.

I guess I'm not sure what type that makes me. What do you think?

I don't think your use of Ne has any bearing on whether you socialize more or not. I don't always need or like to be around people.

I often need to recharge, as well. I wonder what you do when you recharge? Maybe the difference lies in the way we do that...