• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP's and INTP's

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Yeah, the only problem we have with you is that you never want to leave the damn basement. :(

Just turn off the electricity there. They'll be out before you know it.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ No, I'm afraid they'll start playing D&D or something.

I have an INTP infestation in my basement, what should I do??

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ No, I'm afraid they'll start playing D&D or something.

That's a tough one. They're not easily exterminated.

I would advice you to send an ESFP army into your basement to clean house.

After the INTP's left and the ESFP's remain, lure the ESFP's out with alcohol.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Just turn off the electricity there. They'll be out before you know it.

That is so true.

I would advise you to send an ESFP army into your basement to clean house.

After the INTP's left and the ESFP's remain, lure the ESFP's out with alcohol.

Fixed 'advice' to 'advise', and ESFPs are quite dangerous and I prefer to avoid them. That would be a very effective way to draw us out of the shadows.

I'm afraid they'll start playing D&D or something.

I don't play D&D actually, believe it or not. I do know that I'd probably be Chaotic-Neutral if I did play though ;)...

INTPs aren't actually that hard to get rid of, actually, just throw down some ESFs and watch them all run away!!!

BTW, I certainly wouldn't mind hiding out in an ENTP's basement... :newwink:
They may even get me to come out sometime to go somewhere!!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTPs aren't actually that hard to get rid of, actually, just throw down some ESFs and watch them all run away!!!
!

No, just ESFP's, no ESFJ's. An ENTP basement is most likely not the cleanest of basements. An ESFJ wouldn't leave before it's all cleaned up which could take several years.

Sending ESFJ's into your basement to clean out INTP's is trading one problem for another.

ESFP's are easily removable.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
True, Alcohol and hookers are great ways to get those ESPs out of someplace. ESJs won't ever leave. You win, Fluffy!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What prize did I win this time?

*flex*

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You win the Rainbow Badge, for having 3500+ posts and demonstrating typological-knowhow and/or foresight better than mine. Congradulations!

rainbowbadge.png

(I can't seem to stop giving out Pokemon RBY gym badges whenever somebody earns something!)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Woot, I'll bring my balls and win this region's league!

Poke a mon, I choose you!

Yazoo

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey there! I used to post here occasionally, but being typically ENTP, I got distracted by other things for a while... So, hello!

I'm posting here because it just so happens I've just come to the conclusion of a messy friend-or-maybe-more situation with someone I'm pretty certain is an INTP (although not stereotypically 'nerdy', he certainly fits the bill). Beneficial stuff about our friendship:

- Shared the same tastes and interests, but appreciated them from different perspectives, which made for interesting conversation.
- We felt as if we intrinsically connected/understood each other
- I could nurture my more reserved side; I didn't feel I had to prove myself through my social life.
- I think I made him slightly less earnest and more willing to take the p*ss out of himself sometimes.

Bad things from our relationship:
- Misunderstanding through us both being unwilling to communicate; he would go further into his own world, often moody (didn't talk to me for three weeks for no discernible reason and we lived in the same apartment); I would not want to risk humiliation by voicing my thoughts or feelings.
- Competitive streaks/stubbornness in both of us. We both wanted to have the upper hand.
- Neither of us wanting to show any feeling/emotion; we both perceived this as possible exposure of weakness.

He was also one of those 'INTPs with issues' - i.e. when he was drinking, he'd drink a lot and would sometimes be aggressive; he'd get moody with people quite easily and retreat into himself; had a bit of a complex about people 'getting him'. On the other hand, people see me as easy to get on with, not realizing I can manipulate situations as much as he does, but I do it in a much more genial manner.

All in all, I think from this experience, both types could learn a lot from each other regarding self improvement. However, even though they are two sides of the same coin, this intensity does not always work well.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I think I finally met an INTP... or finally noticed one. It was such an exciting day; I ran home with a Jokerized smile on my face. Yahoo! Lets put a smile on that face...

Actually, I'm not exactly sure whether or not he's an INTP... But he understood me which leads me to believe that he is possibly an NT (or is this wishful thinking?). He was dressed strangely, had plaid shorts (don't you INTPs like plaid?), the typical Californian flip-flops and then... knee high athletic sports socks with green stripes at the top. How weird!

The anticipation is killing me.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know about others, but I like to dress well and hate plaid. :p

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think plaid's okay, I prefer Stripes...

But yes, you'll never find me pursuing any of the latest fashion trends, cuz I'm a dedicated dissident of fashion!

(That means I totally ignore it and find the idea that people should all dress alike to be disgusting)

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
A mind mate is currently my arch enemy after a 5 yo friendship. I'd advise you to stay away from other INTPs.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A mind mate is currently my arch enemy after a 5 yo friendship. I'd advise you to stay away from other INTPs.

INTP's holding long term grudges? How is that possible? D:

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTP's holding long term grudges? How is that possible? D:

I don't tend to, but if wronged severely enough you might as well not exist any more to me. If somebody asks me if I know somebody who has wronged me severely, I'll tell them I've never known them. Sort of like disownment.