• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP's and INTP's

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I read, bike around, browse the internet, sometimes write in a journal. I was going to do a hike during my break, but the weather interfered.

RecklessRecluse

MBTI Type
eNTP
I love INTPs to tiny little bits(in the way that Christy Alley loves a good cupcake). They serve as an excellent counter to my crazy ideas, we both have them but the INTP will stop me from doing something totally unrealistic and stupid on a whim(or come along to watch as I burn).

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I love INTPs to tiny little bits(in the way that Christy Alley loves a good cupcake). They serve as an excellent counter to my crazy ideas, we both have them but the INTP will stop me from doing something totally unrealistic and stupid on a whim(or come along to watch as I burn).

I hate it when an INTP does that. I'd rather have an ESXP telling me to go for it.

R

Riva

I want to meet an INTP lady.

:(

Off topic.

wicked-witch-of-the-west-2.jpg

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Off topic.

Lol, I searched for INTP lady on google image search and the first hit was a picture of lady gaga, which I'll spare you the details of.

Oddly enough, if you turn safe search of and search for INTP lady, the first adult result isn't until page 5. I do NOT recommend looking it up!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Bad things from our relationship:
- Misunderstanding through us both being unwilling to communicate; he would go further into his own world, often moody (didn't talk to me for three weeks for no discernible reason and we lived in the same apartment); I would not want to risk humiliation by voicing my thoughts or feelings.
- Competitive streaks/stubbornness in both of us. We both wanted to have the upper hand.
- Neither of us wanting to show any feeling/emotion; we both perceived this as possible exposure of weakness.

I was in long-term relationship with an INTP female. It was pretty nice when everything was going smooth, but when it was rough, boy was it rough. Everything above was a problem. Particularly communication. I always had this feeling that we just couldn't provide what the other person needed because we both needed the same thing. Mainly stability and a lack of pointiness. We also got into bad habits where we just stuck around the house all the time. I think ENTP's and INTP's both do better with people who are oriented to spending time with other people.

A mind mate is currently my arch enemy after a 5 yo friendship. I'd advise you to stay away from other INTPs.

I could see that happening.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My moms and ENTP and my dads an INTP and they complement each other perfectly. I think it's the fact that they can understand each other, but they aren't constantly competing, because there are some differences.

I see this working more than the other way around.
All the ENTP men I've known have been very competitive and domineering. They are great fun to work with (a breath of fresh air in an environment dominated by other INTs) and great to debate with, but romantically, or even socially, that drive to "win" at all costs creates friction. They get turned on by the idea of conquest, which turns me off.
ENTP female/INTP male probably works because INTP men seem to be more passive and/or ENTP women are socialized to tone down their competitive instincts.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I see this working more than the other way around.
All the ENTP men I've known have been very competitive and domineering. They are great fun to work with (a breath of fresh air in an environment dominated by other INTs) and great to debate with, but romantically, or even socially, that drive to "win" at all costs creates friction. They get turned on by the idea of conquest, which turns me off.
ENTP female/INTP male probably works because INTP men seem to be more passive and/or ENTP women are socialized to tone down their competitive instincts.

I agree with this.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
Anyone ever met an ENTP that they were just really glad they knew? I feel as though ENTP's manage to be interested in much of the things INTP's are interested in, but they make it seem cool. I feel as though INTP's have things to learn from ENTP's.

I'd like to ask the ENTP's if they've ever had friendships with the INTP, and what they felt they got out of it.

Not my #1 best friend through college, but my most consistent friend since is an ENTP. I am extremely glad to know him. We both can get really excited about each others ideas and have a similar wicked sense of humor. I also find he's one of the few people I can say really "terrible" comments/jokes too and he won't be shocked. We can be honest with each other, because we're not judgemental. And if we get busy and out of touch for a few months neither of us gets upset - we just meet up and it's like we never dropped off.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Meh, I guess the match isn't particularly common. Anyways, my 2 cents on the compatibility:

Pros:

A smart and mature ENTP is about the most entertaining person you'll ever meet;

An ENTP should be able to understand pretty much any joke you make, and they're almost unoffendable when it comes to that;

They are very open-minded, and tend to have very few dogmas, so chances are you will (almost) never feel like you're walking on eggshells when discussing something (providing you are equally open to discussion). Incidentally, probably among the least likely to define themselves as feminists;

Tend to be driven and independent;

Tend to have a lot of intellectual curiosity, and usually are able to discuss things not at all related to their careers on a fairly good level;

They are assertive, but give room for you to be you;

They are easy-going and don't like to waste their time bitching.

Cons:

Can be very blunt and say things that they ultimately don't mean, but made sense at the time.

Expect them to come up with whacky ideas. The one I'm planning to meet contemplates going bald and buying a wig in order to optimize her time.

Carbarrawr

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I'm late on this post, but yes, I have had friendships with INTPs. Actually, I have six very close friends (ENFP, ESTP, INFJ, INTP, INTP, and ENFJ), and none of them share the same type except for the two INTPs. I am closest with the INFJ, but the INTPs I am second closest with I would say and.... INTPs are, like... the coolest people ever. They're, like, my favorite type xD I love INTPs. I love how they are, like... scientifically creative, and they really in the end just have this unique feel to them. I love the dreamy way they think and how much they think through things. I also like how I feel like I'm constantly learning more about them. I could go on, but I won't xD

Carbarrawr

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Meh, I guess the match isn't particularly common. Anyways, my 2 cents on the compatibility:

Pros:

A smart and mature ENTP is about the most entertaining person you'll ever meet;

An ENTP should be able to understand pretty much any joke you make, and they're almost unoffendable when it comes to that;

They are very open-minded, and tend to have very few dogmas, so chances are you will (almost) never feel like you're walking on eggshells when discussing something (providing you are equally open to discussion). Incidentally, probably among the least likely to define themselves as feminists;

Tend to be driven and independent;

Tend to have a lot of intellectual curiosity, and usually are able to discuss things not at all related to their careers on a fairly good level;

They are assertive, but give room for you to be you;

They are easy-going and don't like to waste their time bitching.

Cons:

Can be very blunt and say things that they ultimately don't mean, but made sense at the time.

Expect them to come up with whacky ideas. The one I'm planning to meet contemplates going bald and buying a wig in order to optimize her time.

I would definitely agree... also, I tend to be overly sarcastic, and sometimes people don't realize which can hurt them. Also, I have had to work on this part of my personality with my friends in that when they're upset I will say things very bluntly and how they are and no sugar coat things and I've had to fix this with my feeler friends. And... I would also agree with the wacky ideas thing (although, I think I would be too scared to go /bald... xD), and fortunately I have friends who can put up with and contribute to my wacky ideas ^_^

Fluorescent

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
HOT
I used to hang out with a group of INTPs (most tested) and I've met quite a few.

Tendentially, we get along just fine.
We share the same type of outlandish and sarcastic humour, we usually have similar interests, they are ridiculously easy going (weren't there any Js to reign us in, our meetings would probably be all 'whenever you're free' and in the days the pub was closed), they are smart, to the point and quite nerdy. And we could lose 4 hours cracking jokes and arguing about the reasons why warlocks are better than mages or how to integrate advanced robotic functions in every day's house appliances, without noticing. And inside jokes, lots of them non stop.

On the negative side, they tend to be extremely introverted and extremely socially clueless.
One used to question everyone who joined for a gaming session, almost asking to provide nerd cred; another used to loudly regurgitate old and new memes in public and insisted to show me each and every one of his anime videos set to Linkin Park (could've been an INFP, he was deviantArt in the flesh)
About the coolness factor, I've received more than a few "you can't be liking tabletop gaming, you're hot" and "you make that lame book sound interesting".

INTPs? Pretty rad.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Most intp's I like to hit hard on the forehead with my arm on the back of their throats, so I am able to break their neck fast and end this misery.

But only because I hate myself.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would definitely agree... also, I tend to be overly sarcastic, and sometimes people don't realize which can hurt them. Also, I have had to work on this part of my personality with my friends in that when they're upset I will say things very bluntly and how they are and no sugar coat things and I've had to fix this with my feeler friends. And... I would also agree with the wacky ideas thing (although, I think I would be too scared to go /bald... xD), and fortunately I have friends who can put up with and contribute to my wacky ideas ^_^
:D Ty for this.

Things ended up not working with the ENTP... It was fun for a while, but I guess we both confused things. We got each other perfectly, but there was no 'magic', if you will. She and I are still friends.

Stereotypically speaking, it seemed like a terrible idea, but stereotypically speaking, we are also among the most likely to give in to curiosity. :laugh:

sexygamer

ENTPS make me tired. Wanting to suck up all sorts of knowledge to the point where you end up super drained and sleepy.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTPS make me tired. Wanting to suck up all sorts of knowledge to the point where you end up super drained and sleepy.

I could see that.

I've grown to be more of a give and take in conversations. Well, I guess if it's not that, it's not much of a conversation. Even as an ENTP, I find it very irritating when people just run their mouths constantly.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I could see that.

I've grown to be more of a give and take in conversations. Well, I guess if it's not that, it's not much of a conversation. Even as an ENTP, I find it very irritating when people just run their mouths constantly.

Ah come on !!

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am madly in love with INTPs and ENTPs...they drive me crazy but I am totally drawn to their craziness. :wubbie:

They are so different from one another but the conversations and connections made are pure bliss....sigh.

Make sense?