• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] What do you think will happen to the world 50 years from now?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
This are my guesses:

Computers can talk and you can use touchscreen to interact with them
Robots will replace humans in mass production and labor power
The TV will become obsolete
nanotechnology will start to emerge
Software will become extremely advanced and eventually become self-evolving intelligence
We will no longer be burning coal and oil, we would be using something new instead as an energy source
The PC will be obsolete, computers will become smaller and smaller and much more powerful
human beings will start to have superpowers

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Online virtual reality: My grandson will walk into a virtual typologycentral and start debating with other people about what might happen in the next 50 years with 3d avatars and floating 3d smileys you can throw at each other.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hmm...

• A Petabyte video card made by NVIDIA.
  • Manned mars missions.
  • Space hotels from Virgin to Trump.
  • Flying automobiles debut the consumer market.
  • Canada becomes annexed and a U.S. State.
  • World population exceeds 20 billion.
  • Holographic hookers made by Vivid Inc.
  • Moon homes are under construction.
  • First alien contact.
  • Life expectancy tops 100 years old.
  • Spaceships become the booming industry.
  • Michael Jackson is cloned in Saudi Arabia from stolen DNA.
  • North & South Korea rejoin.
  • Oil is illegal.
  • Marijuana is legal.
  • Schools are enforced with Robocop-like guards.
  • Internet remains the same.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
The natural world reclaims planet Earth.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The natural world reclaims planet Earth.

No! Never!

That's why they invented:

images

:)

Animus

MBTI Type
INTP
Cyborgs will roam the streets.
Processors powerful enough to mimic the human brain.
People vacationing in space resorts.
Full autopilot is available for all new cars.
Personal pocket computers controlled through thoughts.
Immerssive super high definition media.
People realize that global warming was a huge joke.
Walmart will account for 45% of the retail market.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
The world will be ruled by damn dirty apes.
Hover boards (as in Back to the Future)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Cyborgs will roam the streets.
Processors powerful enough to mimic the human brain.
People vacationing in space resorts.
Full autopilot is available for all new cars.
Personal pocket computers controlled through thoughts.
Immerssive super high definition media.
People realize that global warming was a huge joke.
Walmart will account for 45% of the retail market.
I liked ghost in the shell sac alot too:D

one can only hope my friend

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
more pollution, natural disasters and goverments have more control.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I prefer not to think about that time period. Every time I turn in that direction all can I see is a wasted old man, leering at me as he stands on the threshold of death. It won't matter anyway, though, because by the time I turn old we'll all be blown to smithereens by an approaching meteor. We're too busy fighting poverty and terrorism to bother with massive space rocks that threaten our very existence. And that's a true story, too: at the moment there are a couple of gigantic meteors that have a decent chance to strike within the next 50 years, as well as numerous meteors that go unmonitored. Neither of those issues can be dealt with, of course, because everyone has their hands full watching FOX News and getting their hair permed.

P

Phantonym

Hehe. Well, according to Isaac Newton, there's going to be an Apocalypse in 2060. :popc1: Can't wait.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Mostly everyone will be mutants, it will just be me and my dog roaming the streets of a deserted city, signs of nature claiming back the earth will be on every corner. I won't be able to go out at night time because they will be out there :horor: Also I won't be able to run fast with my zimmerframe so it would be best if I didn't take any risks.

It will be a lonely life and my only friends will be the mannequins.
overact.gif

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
-We won't use skycars or stuff like that. ENergy is too hard to come by.
-cities and businesses are increasingly planned to allow for the minimum physical movement required
-business & pleasure air traffic will continue
-personal transport will move to lighter vehicles. If it's just cutting the weight of a car in half.
-there will be a world-wide electrical network working on superconductors. Cheap energy can be provided on the other side of the world at night on a commercial basis, when the demand is low, and provided to other parts of the world. (On a commercial basis.)
-communication networks will improve so much that many server farms (if they exist in the form they do today) will work from other side of the globe.
-economy will be closer to real economy than today, and greater transparency and accountancy for financial derivatives.
-Rich will be bloody rich and the poor will be bloody poor (and there will be more poor), but the middle class, lower middle class and upper middle class will enjoy more sensible work conditions.
-general strong AI has not been found.
-reason why the humans have "cognition" and are sentient, have not been found, but it has been explained to death.
-Religions have trivialized themselves even much further than today.
-chance of God is given a more acceptable, academic possibility.
-best attempts at strong AI have been from inserting human-like androids to human world and letting them experience human society from ground up.
-the extreme high tech is insanely much more advanced today, especially when it comes to expert systems and specialized computer systems. There's still a strong anti-tech movement, with a large portion of the population having physical means of production.. being control of food production.. building the infrastructure etc. So the high tech people will continue to be divided to high- and low-wage jobs, as in universities on a low wage. Instead, the unintelligent group who holds menial jobs, will have ok wages.
-the lower portion of the population, in creativity, ability, etc. will just drag behind, they will not be greatly more enlightened compared to how they are now.
-there will be experiments with privatizing police, parts of army, personal security, on the account that there will be money made. Soon it will be found that safety, well-being and the non-necessity of having all those services privatized is valuable in themselves. In other words, there will be extreme tests on free market, and in some places, the end of the lesson will be sensible regulation. As in, someone extorting a person for their life will not be allowed, like it isn't now. How this all relates to protective and health care professions will be standardized, and some kind of solution will be found out. Medical Insurance companies will continue to exist.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Things will more than likely be exactly the same way things are now. It's just like when people thought by 2000 we would have flying cars, etc. The only prediction that they were correct about was portable phones. Everything else is ridiculous.

I think religion will continue to disintegrate. People are not as religious as they used to be and the Christian population has decreased by 12% since the 1990's, while atheism continues to go on the rise. I think America would still be a big global power and I think by that time we would be "green". Maybe we'll finally have bullet trains? Maybe. It's a possibly. But there are some things that interfere with us being "green". The giant corporations that control America will lose a lot of money... so who can honestly know? But my guess is that eventually these men would have to "update" their type of thinking. Like, creating giant "green" companies, etc. Like solar energy, etc. Only when these men have this power, do I see America going forward as a green nation. Cars will be more efficient, etc. But we still will be having the same problems that we do now.

Also, I see a rise of another political party. A lot of Republicans are leaving the Republican party, so I am assuming they'll create another party.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
All the homes and businesses will no longer have tradition doors. Instead the standard door will be replaced by a "smart door" that will open when you press a button or depending on the settings slide a key card over it or automatically open when it senses you are near by.
Similar to the sensor doors in the supermarket today, except they will be more quick, efficiant, high tec and most will let out a sound like compressed air in a whipcream container as they open and close.