• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] My Fellow ENTPs...

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
When you meet somebody new like a guy, girl, dog, elephant, whatever...

Do you mentally figure out what "type" they are?

Not directly by asking questions, but like by noticing their behavior, characteristics, belief systems etc.?

Are you usually right?

How can you tell who is who?

(While anybody is welcome to reply, I'm curious on hearing the ENTP perspective on this)

:)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do it, not sure if I'm ever right though. Some types are just obvious though. Why just ENTPs?

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Nupe, it's a learned skill that one has to master over time. I'm still new to the MBTI thing so I haven't gotten it down yet, as such, it's far from perfect yet. There's also the fact that types are far from perfect... there are ENTP's alone which act completely different from each other, to the point that it's difficult to see any relation at all between them.

There's alot more to this than just type, so I'm not sure I'd ever end up doing so, since if I did, it'd become a bad habit that I couldn't stop.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I'm pretty good at it. Even before I learned about the individual functions (Fi, Ti, etc) I was always in the right ballpark. Now that I actually understand the system in more depth it's even easier.

I'm trying to curb the knee-jerk MBTI typing though.

EDIT: Not that I'm an ENTP...but whatever.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Don't think it matters poppy, think a ton of people on the board of various types tend to type people by reflex. Don't believe it's an ENTP thing at all, maybe they're checking if ENTP's think it's silly? Who knows, I've no clue at this point, it seems rather specialized of a question for something that's far more about how well yeu know the system, and how strongly yeu believe it. No clue!

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
nope not something i do or will ever do. i personally hate being put into a box (you're a _____, so you must act like_____) and definitely have no desire to do it to others.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
He must have only asked ENTP's because we've basically taken over the NT thread for the last week and wanted to keep the ball rolling.

And yes, any type and identify others types just as well anyone else. We just use Ti powered by Ne.

P.S.
SerengetiBetty, I've officially put you into three boxes and thrown away the keys.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
He must have only asked ENTP's because we've
P.S.
SerengetiBetty, I've officially put you into three boxes and thrown away the keys.

as long as those boxes have chocolate, decent books and graphic novels to read, and a sexaaaaayy man then I should be OK for awhille :smile:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
yes but only more recently, and I'm pretty accurate when I've checked it out.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
as long as those boxes have chocolate, decent books and graphic novels to read, and a sexaaaaayy man then I should be OK for awhille :smile:

How about a sexy chocolate man with books and graphic novels inside?

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Or a magical talking chocolate shoe filled with money that speaks spanish in a sultry male voice?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Not directly by asking questions, but like by noticing their behavior, characteristics, belief systems etc.?

Yup.

Are you usually right?

Yup.

How can you tell who is who?

Just can.

Qre:us

Not specifically, in terms of type theory (e.g., mbti and other such shyte), no. But, I do a very fast but 'deep' analysis of pinpointing their quirks, aiming for a definition of said X, via external cues of mannerism, the way they answer something/don't answer, the body language, etc. One of the first questions I have of any person or even animal I meet: what will tick them off (weak spots)?

sculpting

I kick my entps ass at this. She is about 60% accurate. I am closer to 90%. Some ISFJ men can throw me...

Watch thier eyes. Ne is upwards angles. NeTi is upward angles with direct peircing stares. NeFi is upward angles with downward sweet glances. Pure Fi is all downward sweetness.

My estps do the direct Ti stare but they also do a lot of horizontal side-to-side movements-Se?

Te is direct and piercing-through your soul. pissed. Dominating.
Ni is sort of glazed over.
Fe I am still learning about-It is direct and engaging and feels a little controlling but smiles at the same time. "I am going to help you become what I think you should be"

nope not something i do or will ever do. i personally hate being put into a box (you're a _____, so you must act like_____) and definitely have no desire to do it to others.

This is hysterical. Every entp I have ever told about MBTI, promptly says "Dont box me in". Word for word. Exactly that. Then they dont talk about it for a week. cool by me as entps dont like thier brains picked at so I dont bug them about it. Then they show up and ask a question or two. Then they end up in my office all the time asking me questions about it after about three weeks.

What is really kinda fun is that you guys HATE to be boxed, fight endlessly to be considered as individuals, yet on the board the second anybody says the slightest negative thing about an ENTP, you guys here bond together to defend the ENTP in questions and attack like tigers. Umm, sort of in a herdlike mentality?

Am I imagining the irony here?

Ah shit, I'll be back in a month.... love you guys.