• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] My Fellow ENTPs...

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Okay.. I hate to be boxed... but I love finding patterns, e.g. "you're a _____, so you must act like_____." (although, it's not always 100% true of course.) I don't find that restricting! Annd, I don't look upwards much. I stare into space and feel extremely uncomfortable when i make eye contact.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
What is really kinda fun is that you guys HATE to be boxed, fight endlessly to be considered as individuals, yet on the board the second anybody says the slightest negative thing about an ENTP, you guys here bond together to defend the ENTP in questions and attack like tigers. Umm, sort of in a herdlike mentality?

Am I imagining the irony here?

Ah shit, I'll be back in a month.... love you guys.

i think it depends on what we're defending: if it comes across as a value judgment I'm going to be more likely to debate it than if it's just a statement. For instance, someone saying "SB you're always at least 15 minutes late to every social situation so you must be a moron" is going to get their ass handed to them. Someone saying "SB you're always 15 minutes late so next time I'm going to be 20 minutes late" is just going to get an "I'm glad we have an understanding shrug".

and seriously...you are equating people's behavior on a message board to their real life behavior?:shock::doh:

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Okay.. I hate to be boxed... but I love finding patterns, e.g. "you're a _____, so you must act like_____." (although, it's not always 100% true of course.) I don't find that restricting! Annd, I don't look upwards much. I stare into space and feel extremely uncomfortable when i make eye contact.

true it's not restricting in and of itself, but it is when there's a continual shock and surprise expressed when someone doesn't fit squarely into whatever box/stereotype/pattern/ etc they were placed into.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
When you meet somebody new like a guy, girl, dog, elephant, whatever...

Do you mentally figure out what "type" they are?

Not directly by asking questions, but like by noticing their behavior, characteristics, belief systems etc.?

Are you usually right?

How can you tell who is who?

(While anybody is welcome to reply, I'm curious on hearing the ENTP perspective on this)

:)

I am constantly trying to type all of the people I meet. In some cases I am lucky enough to get them to take a MBTI, so I can confirm if I am right or not. I'm not always right, but I believe my ability is improving.

I secret I've found out is that some people fit the descriptions almost to a T. These people are extremely easy to type. The tricky ones are those who don't seem to fit any description. You have to take a lot more time getting to know what makes them tick to figure out their type.