• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: What makes you feel the strongest emotion?

Spry

MBTI Type
infj
Is it falling in love? Is it when someone makes you angry? Maybe it's a fear, passion? What makes you feel the most?

Oh and another thing, out of curiosity, what does falling in love feel like for an ENTP? Has it ever happened to you?

Last edited:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I am passionate. Very rarely do I feel fear, sadness, or lasting anger. When I am at the height of something I love, like when I am performing music. I get waves of emotion when I come to understand something, be it in chemistry, the universe, or math.

Understanding and passion create great feelings in me.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm gonna go with passion as well. Fear, sadness and anger don't last very long with me

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Same here. I feel fear and sadness and anger and disappointment and everything else, but they don't last because I'm quick to view the emotion externally.

Frustration can last a while, but it doesn't penetrate. It lingers like smoke that clears as soon as the source of the frustration is gone.

Passion = intense! And love is one thing that can make me passionate.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Love is intensifying, along with the above mentioned competency and understanding.

Love is great. Caring about someone is great.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Also, sometimes I'll feel something intensely without realizing it's an emotion. It might take a while for me to look back and realize it.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
saying 'passion' is lame-o, sorry guys. It's so vague!

I have to admit that for me, anger is the no-brainer. Choleric by uh, nature and uh, well possibly by name, depending who you talk to.

But then the anger drives other things. Anger usually, at injustices, prejudices, hypocrisy and such like... makes me rebel most ostentatiously and in such a way as to draw attention (the more unwelcome for those concerned, the better), and force change for the better, if at all possible.

If you mean on an individual level, it's still probably anger and its close cousin, frustration. And the most likely things to elicit it/them are: telling me what I think ("you think I'm stupid, you think... blah blah blah" etc) and judging me. Not judging what I do or say so much as judging the motives behind it, often without even consulting me. If you say I screwed up then fine, I can take that. I know I make mistakes as much as the next person. But what I won't accept is when someone tries to make out that I screwed up by intentionally wishing harm to others, like I deliberately calculated the most devious and nasty course of action, regardless of what I might say in my defense.

If I can tell that you're doing this on purpose though, to get a reaction from me, all you'll get is laughter. I'm many things, lots of them bad, but I'm not fucking stupid.

But yeah, to the whole idea of feeling things in retrospect, not realizing things are there at all, or if I do, not realizing that they're actually emotions until long, long, long after. years, even.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Oh and another thing, out of curiosity, what does falling in love feel like for an ENTP? Has it ever happened to you?

Yup. Felt like I was clinically insane for six months.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Also, sometimes I'll feel something intensely without realizing it's an emotion. It might take a while for me to look back and realize it.

yep.

I'll have to think about the falling in love thing.I've definitely been in love,once I recognize it then I'm Ok and can take it from there with the passion :D

as for the falling part, it feels like someone slipped something into my food or drink. it's hard to explain,but usually i don't realize that i'm falling in love with someone until after it's happened. part of the problem with recognizing it is that it's so rare that a meet and spend time with a guy who flips my skirt up that much, so it's not like I have a lot of experience in the falling in love department, to be able to recognize it.I know it's not indigestion and that's about it

remixedcat

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
simple-wreaking havok on forums! mwhahahaha!

and a good good meal... and good sex. aaaaaah.

I also like a good technical challenge. I break OSes for a living and crash networks for fun. I love to make people think thier computers are possessed. I did it at the school networks all the time. much LOLz to be had then. I did it to all the compies at the compie lab and made all the cd drives open and close all day at the same time.
and made the compies display satanic stuff on them by going to a satanic website. all this from the comfort of the CAD lab that was down the hall. remote manips are so fun. gotta love the macro I had and the tool I had.

another thing that gives me emotion is the character known of as Kamina from the anime Gurren Lagann!!!!!!!

JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!!!!

LOLz

Synthetic Darkness

I don't usually feel much emotion well deep emotion I can never really feel sad, I do feel angry I think anger is the only emotion I allow myself to feel because its the only emotion I don't feel weak feeling. Now my anger rarely lasts I can't hold a grudge because I like to see if I'm benefiting from anything I do/feel (opportunist) so if holding the grudge just holds me back from doing something and doesn't do nothing for me I won't keep it. Plus to me keeping a grudge means that you still care for that person, I prefer living on with my life without spending a thought on a person who has "wronged" me.

As for falling in love...nope I've never experienced and I don't think I will, I've felt desire, but love is such a subjective term and thinking subjectively and allowing myself to feel subjectively is something I'm not comfortable doing.

Edit: Oh I also feel fear very often, I'm afraid to die alone and unappreciated, unknown and uncelebrated, I'm afraid of looking weak...ect.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Strong emotion? Oddly not so many normal things.

Anger does exist and is obvious, though it's exceptionally rare; the few times it DOES occur, it's kind of a shock to feel such, but it's also short lived.

Fear is another one, similar as well.

In terms of things that give positive emotions, strong ones, uhm... sometimes music, just the right sound causing a powerful rush of purpose and strength... would it be embarassing to admit to crying every single time I see the baby metroid die in super metroid, and the music that plays in time with it? If so I won't admit to that then.

Uhm... I think the single strongest emotion I'd get would be of a sense of love/pride, when I do something I know I've done well for someone I care about, and that individual understands such and acknowledges it. That can be one of the most blissful feelings ever at times. To have solved a problem, or finish a puzzle, something that SO has been fighting with and not succeeding at, and to be able to be the one to be able to help them in a profound way is a deeply satisfying thing to experience.

Solving something complex, this is one good thing, doing so for someone important just makes it stronger.

Not many things can match that, not sure if anything can really, but striving hard to complete a personal goal, a task which's been eluding me for ages no matter how hard I try, and finally achiving such despite mounting odds against me, can give a very similar feeling of finally being... done. It's a relaxing peace that's hard to describe, yet oh so sweet in its' flavour.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
can give a very similar feeling of finally being... done. It's a relaxing peace that's hard to describe, yet oh so sweet in its' flavour.

I don't feel relaxed about being done. I don't feel relaxed about not being done. I don't know what I feel. :doh:

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I don't feel relaxed about being done. I don't feel relaxed about not being done. I don't know what I feel. :doh:

Oh there's always another battle after the last, something more annoying than whot yeu previously faced. It just comes down to whether yeu make use of the eye of the storm, or if yeu panic wondering whot's next on the list of horrors.

I've learned over time to just enjoy the rest while I can. The next abomination of reality will be knocking on my door soon enough, no need to rush things.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
NASA launches.

Seriously.

Love too, I kick ass in love.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Diddicult to say which is the actual strongers....

Grief – which obviously doesn’t happen often but been my strongest so far in a weird way

Rage – every 12 years of so I loose it with someone – nuclear holocaust

Joy – especially if meeting someone I haven’t seen for a while that I love

Love - I'm a total adict when I'm there

Anger – a reaction mainly but very short lived

Contentment – most of the time I’m pretty content

I'm pretty passionate and intense at the best of times so I do the whole range but the above are probably the biggest

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
saying 'passion' is lame-o, sorry guys. It's so vague!

I have to admit that for me, anger is the no-brainer. Choleric by uh, nature and uh, well possibly by name, depending who you talk to.

But then the anger drives other things. Anger usually, at injustices, prejudices, hypocrisy and such like... makes me rebel most ostentatiously and in such a way as to draw attention (the more unwelcome for those concerned, the better), and force change for the better, if at all possible.

If you mean on an individual level, it's still probably anger and its close cousin, frustration. And the most likely things to elicit it/them are: telling me what I think ("you think I'm stupid, you think... blah blah blah" etc) and judging me. Not judging what I do or say so much as judging the motives behind it, often without even consulting me. If you say I screwed up then fine, I can take that. I know I make mistakes as much as the next person. But what I won't accept is when someone tries to make out that I screwed up by intentionally wishing harm to others, like I deliberately calculated the most devious and nasty course of action, regardless of what I might say in my defense.

If I can tell that you're doing this on purpose though, to get a reaction from me, all you'll get is laughter. I'm many things, lots of them bad, but I'm not fucking stupid.

But yeah, to the whole idea of feeling things in retrospect, not realizing things are there at all, or if I do, not realizing that they're actually emotions until long, long, long after. years, even.

This.

Anger is, most of the time, the only emotion I can positively identify and see where it has motivated me into doing something, in current time. It takes me a long time to identify other emotions, long after the situation occurred.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I felt heavy sadness when my grandpa died, cause he was one heck of a wise guy. On his funeral it struck me and I bursted in tears.

I felt frustration, confusion and a bugging pain in the belly that felt like I got stones in it, after my first relationship broke. It was like loosing a part of yourself and I needed a lot of time to feel complete again. So I kept keeping my cool on the outside, this feeling in the stomache persisted for quite some time and was a constant hinderance and depression bringer in the pursuit of new goals in that time of my life.

I had another emotional reaction, when my actual girl and me got into a fight. This only happened once and it was OF COURSE because she overreacted :)D) but the fear of loosing her after the fight was totally unbearable.

Besides that 3 emotions I have no emotions. Heck I am german, you can hardly imagine what that means. Hell I even doubt the concept of emotions, it's all a thing created by the media to keep people killing themselves so there are more ressources on the planet left for rest of mankind. Wait: planet, vulcans, I go back watching Star Trek :D

Qre:us

Frustration/annoyance that turns into anger.

Otherwise, I'm in a general state of happiness or, 'meh'.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Nothing feels quite as good as overcoming a tough challenge, especially if I used my own unique solution.