• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] intps and crappy name memory

Does your name momery suck?

• very much

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • yes

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • little

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • no

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • im not intp

Votes: 10 16.7%

• Total voters

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
measured by your own yardstick

You gals are so mean. That is so low, making fun of the disabled.:doh:

Would it surprise you that I happened to be in a wheelchair, wearing a pirate patch that I lost both eye in legS in a very patriotic pirate battle AND was a dumb obnoxious brat when I was a kid? :ranting:

What was the name of that very famous pirate battle...?

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Im horrible with names.

I once forgot a girls name after I agreed to go out with her.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's definately an N thing. Sensors remember names and Intuitives remember faces. I once called a guy who played the guitar 'the guitar dude' because I forgot his name.

He said: Yo! Remember me?
I said: ...Yea! ummm.. your the guitar dude
Awkward silence

Worst part was he remembered my name

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP
Last night, I got this girl's phone number. As I was entering it into my phone, I asked her, "Did I spell your name right?"
She replied, "You spell it L-a-y-l-a."
I had typed Leslie.

To be fair, there was rather loud music playing a few yards away from us.
She didn't seem to mind I'd messed up, though. I think she was an ENTP, possibly J.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
She replied, "You spell it L-a-y-l-a."
I had typed Leslie.

Close enough. Just ask her if she likes leslie more, maybe it could be a cute nickname? XD

Turn it into a full blown inside joke.

Referance it as often as possible, always call her Leslie when around other people, and when people get confused, have her go along with it asking them why they thought something was wrong. ^^

Confusion of others for amusing to yeurselves = win.

PURE WIN.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think yeah, this is definitely a common N thing.

trouble is, I remember everything about the person that I learned on our previous encounter(s) - what they said and who they are... because those are the things I was concentrating on, as ever the abstract. When they or someone else said their name, I wasn't listening half the time, because I was automatically honing in on the abstract aspects.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Just today someone greeted me in a friendly manner, also saying my name! I'm still trying to figure out who the hell he was.
I remember now! Took only two days!:banana2::banana:
(So little is needed to make me happy)

Particle

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I remember everything about the person that I learned on our previous encounter(s) - what they said and who they are... because those are the things I was concentrating on, as ever the abstract.
It's exactly the same with me, I can usually remember what somebody told me and their face but not their name, that occasionally leads to some embarrassment...

brilliantwomble

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My biggest problem is initially upon meeting people. If someone says their name and then jumps into conversation, I have already forgotten it. Gets awkward later on in the conversation. I think my worst record though was sitting next to this guy in my freshman biology course. I sat next to him everyday and by midterm break I went home and my family asked me who my new friends were. I was like, "well, I sit next to this guy in biology everyday..." I never took the time to learn his name. Not that he probably didn't say it, but I never remembered. Still can't remember and I sat next to him for the whole year, but I do remember his face.

I think I could remember better if I made a point of it, but I never do.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I still have trouble remembering the names of people I've known since I was 3.

Though, if I take a particular interest in you, I'll never forget your name.

G

Ginkgo

I'm an INFP and my name memory is atrocious. Sadly, the only way I can memorize a person's name is by making a mnemonic device for it, or by seeing it written on a sheet of paper.

The other day I met a girl named Kelsie, so I made the phrase "Kelsie can't kick kittens". It's quite effective, but never tell anyone about the mnemonics that you give them. They'll think you're a loon.