• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Good Qualities of ENTPs

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
now im even more exited!

i think the reason medieval art looks the way it does is because of a certain cosmopolitan feeling to the whole of the middle ages (only one chruch, france/germany/italy united etc.) AND the fact that the artist/craftman dichtonomy hadn't yet permeaded western civilization as such.

consequently, medieval art needed a sort of common framework to work within; - to preserve that unity/cosmopolitanism in its aestetics.

am I wrong?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
now im even more exited!

i think the reason medieval art looks the way it does is because of a certain cosmopolitan feeling to the whole of the middle ages (only one chruch, france/germany/italy united etc.) AND the fact that the artist/craftman dichtonomy hadn't yet permeaded western civilization as such.

consequently, medieval art needed a sort of common framework to work within; - to preserve that unity/cosmopolitanism in its aestetics.

am I wrong?

Not entirely wrong, just not the full picture either. I'll PM it to save boring everyone to death lol

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
...But it basically goes around the premise that, having been pretty much raised on medieval literature, I found it hard when at school I was expected to unquestioningly buy the standard line about how medieval art was the way it was because people didn't know about human bodies, proportion, perspective etc etc and that the Renaissance was when people started to learn about that stuff. I smelled a big fat sewer rat and thought hang on just a minute...

And it happened to be around the same time as I went to Egypt to visit a friend in Cairo, and of course I visited the pyramids and all that stuff. And I was looking at these ancient Egyptian works of art and how they stood there all screwy and with the eyes on the sides of the heads and the feet twisted round and all, right next to contemporary Roman and Greek statues of perfectly anatomical people. And I thought... hey... the Egyptians didn't do it because they didn't know about how to make things look realistic, because they obviously did, being surrounded also by Classical art. They must've chosen to do it that way for a reason; that style must've represented something to them that was important, which was why they clung onto the same style for thousands of years, despite the artistic innovations in the world around them.

So I put it together with what I knew of medieval culture already and medieval art, and figured y'know, the basic Byzantine style that was copied and elaborated on all over Europe for the best part of a thousand years, well, y'know they encountered other styles and stuff and especially the Italians and French, who still had these Classical statues around them and stuff, it's not like they didn't know that it was possible to make realistic pictures and sculptures. Like the Egyptians, they must've done things the way they did for a reason.

So I brainstormed and basically explained what that style of art meant to the medieval people, how it represented their worldview, why they weren't interested in realistic art and all that jazz. And I backed it up and proved it and everything with a lotta painstaking research and evidence. ...
Very cool!
I like that!

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
-Hilarious
-Very intelligent
-Have an amazing creativity. I know some ENTP's who have the most amazing, hilarious, weird, intelligent ways of presenting their ideas.
-Love a good discussion. I find them fun in this sense because they always try to test you just to see how far you can take yourself. However, I often hit a dead end before they do, because eventually I run out of logic and my ideas become more and more illogical.
-Definately very open minded
-Confident, and the ones I know seem to be very happy with who they are. One proudly proclaimed he was a very selfish person :D I find this to be a good thing.

They are just generally fun people...

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Always ready with an impromptu analogy for every occasion.

Exciting. Never bored or boring.

Um... I wake up bored every morning. I think I was born bored. That's the reason why I'm always doing crazy stuff. ANYTHING to relieve the interminable boredom of the same old shit.

Last edited:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
This is true. I have a PhD motherfuckers. From Cambridge dammit. And yet I get condescended to and treated like some kind of bimbo with no attention span, by people whose greatest achievement is reaching 'that level' on WoW!

(or whatever, I never played it... better things to do ;) )

And I have to listen to people going on about the 'shallow' range of ENTP knowledge and how we don't really know anything in depth, and how we're not deep thinkers and blah blah blah....zzzzz

This made me LMAO!!! :D

Usually what I do when I meet an obvious intellectual is start acting like an INTP. Then once they believe I'm an intellectual too, I starting doing more crazy "extraverted" stuff to mess with their heads. :D

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
This made me LMAO!!! :D

Usually what I do when I meet an obvious intellectual is start acting like an INTP. Then once they believe I'm an intellectual too, I starting doing more crazy "extraverted" stuff to mess with their heads. :D

Oh no, I do the opposite - just play up to the image of the scatty-minded bimbo they think I am, and then occasionally interject some erudite little bombshell into their monologue, watch them do a double take, then carry on sweeping the floor casually. :D

Or the heckling thing - where you ask them an unexpected question that calls into question all the assumptions their case was built on, and watch them squirm! :devil:

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
  1. Generally Fun to hang out with
  2. Most intellectually under-rated NT type
  3. Most likely to help you understand something you didn't understand before
  4. One of the few truly open minded types
  5. skilled in many different areas
  6. Does and says all the things I wish I had the guts to do or say

They also take criticism well, tend to be humble about their achievements.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj

*nods* I see this one quite frequently in ENTPs. They're also one of the very few types around that would consider the merit of my random ideas. I like them a lot. :D

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
From an ENt/fP

Up until the 'humble about their achievements' part I was goign to jump in and ask if I can be an honorary ENTP. Because ENFP's are pretty cool too but nobody is talking about us on these forums dang it!

I'm right on the cusp of T/F as I like to say that I think with my heart and feel with my brain -- I mean seriously how do you separate the two? I made the conscious decision as a late adolescent to lose the T and be more F b/c I thought I was too cold and unapproachable, and hey, I like people and I wanted more friends in life. Now I'm too F and it drives me nuts b/c I know I let people get away with murder when they really (for their and my and everyone else's good) need to be checked.

But reading some of the posts on this forum and retesting on other sites, I'm thinking the T/F part of the equation isn't quantifiable for me -- so I'll embrace all the praise for an ENTP *and* ENFP. Thanks much. :)

And since apparently talking smack like a pro is an ENTP trait, I feel proud to call myself a sometimes ENTP.

O

Oberon

*nods* I see this one quite frequently in ENTPs.

Sometimes it's humility, and sometimes it's a tactic.

Nothing makes a hot-to-argue INTP squirm worse than telling him "I never thought of it that way--you're probably right" and walking away.

[snerk!]

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ

Nothing makes a hot-to-argue INTP squirm worse than telling him "I never thought of it that way--you're probably right" and walking away.

[snerk!]

I dont recognize that from myself at all, but perhaps that's because I'm just a visiting INTP. If I were to convince someone of something, I'd be happy if he/she accepted the conclusions without a fight. Besides, it would only be a fight by the reasons that he/she would make it a fight :D

O

Oberon

*nods* I see this one quite frequently in ENTPs. They're also one of the very few types around that would consider the merit of my random ideas. I like them a lot. :D

Oh, hey...nice avatar.

Be careful, though...there are several cats around here, and at least one owl.

ygolo

My termites win

[snerk!]

I dont recognize that from myself at all, but perhaps that's because I'm just a visiting INTP. If I were to convince someone of something, I'd be happy if he/she accepted the conclusions without a fight. Besides, it would only be a fight by the reasons that he/she would make it a fight :D

Actually, I do see that in myself. Though, I think, my intentions are misinterpreted when this happens. I actually prefer loosing arguments (based on solid reasoning) than winning them (where I would have learned neraly nothing).

ENTPs (in my experience) seem to be the best at winning arguments based on sound reasoning (bringing in things that are well outside of the current considerations, but still relevant) .

It is always disappointing when an intelligent person fails to convince me of something I don't currently believe. It feels like an opportunity lost to fundamentally change my thinking.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Actually, I do see that in myself. Though, I think, my intentions are misinterpreted when this happens. I actually prefer loosing arguments (based on solid reasoning) than winning them (where I would have learned neraly nothing).

ENTPs (in my experience) seem to be the best at winning arguments based on sound reasoning (bringing in things that are well outside of the current considerations, but still relevant) .

It is always disappointing when an intelligent person fails to convince me of something I don't currently believe. It feels like an opportunity lost to fundamentally change my thinking.
I recognize two flavors of losing, and I have not specified exactly which I've ment: this has given unintended ambiguity for my statements.

Losing, as I think it is seen (and defined) in common meaning:
1) Not being able to convince the other party about the rightfulness of your positions, or being unable to make them accept your terms.
2) Having one's false views exposed, or having one's proposals made publicly seem as false and undesirable.
3) Being forced to admit having been wrong.

Losing, as I understand it in my world view, and how I would hope it to be seen:
1) Losing by external standards: not being able to publicly defend a truthful position against an adversary, or not being able to convince another party to accept a correct view on a subject, or having one's flawed argumentation tactics seen.
2) Losing by internal standards: holding an incorrect view despite having the weight of evidence to the contrary, not being able to use adequate proofs despite knowledge of the subject, or resorting to flawed argumentation tactics, not turning an external losing situation for internal improvement, or not admitting having lost in argumentation, if one has actually lost.

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
i know one entp male, very oppinionated, great fun, a private show off,but not too loud, talented, can sell sand to the egyptians, charming
gods gift to women type, wont side with anyone in particular, sees both sides of the dissagreement, likes to settle things so both parties can fully understand where they both stand, a good mediator. very adventurous, spontaneous, innocently annoying but funny tormentors, head of the household type,likes to make an entrance, needs passion, loves to win, very determined, playful.

moth

MBTI Type
INTJ
my 2 cents (and not necessarily just because i'm married to one)

- there is always a solution for every problem and the ENTP will find it
- fantastic with children, concerned with empowering them (and others as well)
- constantly expanding their knowledge of the world, never stagnant
- fiercely loyal
- persistence, hard worker
- perhaps the best teachers of all the types

Recluse

MBTI Type
INXP
Oh, hey...nice avatar.

Be careful, though...there are several cats around here, and at least one owl.

And some of them hunt in pairs. A tiger whom I know fairly well hunts with an owl of the saw-whet variety.

As for ENTPs, several of the ones on this board have a way of wording things that makes me laugh--with humor being their intention, I would assume. Otherwise, I'll have to move this post to a rant thread.