• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Given the whole sum of the threads about ENTPs lately:

I love you, no matter the cost !

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
ah - that will be £3500

I was thinking there was loads on INTPs :D

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Yeah I think we've just been getting the crappy semi-insulting threads mainly is all. There's been a notable number of "ENTP is a mental illness" type implications going around as of late >.>

Also, note that "we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost" there entropie =3

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I noticed - I stated a thread on this... but the thing is that NT's start questioning themselves and giving themselves complexes...

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I'm not insane.

Yet.

Until yeu ask me if I am, then it turns out to be true!

Obviously we just look crazy, until it's measured, then it becomes fact!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
yes but clearly you have a personality dissorder... the unidentified nutter personality dissorder that says your a freak :D

I ought not to get so bugged, but it's the 4 time in 3 weeks that folks have assumed NT's are insane because they dont' respond in the same way as they do.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Well technically, one can argue that 'sanity' is a matter of perspective, and perspective is primarily dominated by the majority, NT's are a minority and therefore, are insane.

Of course we just love the phraze "I'm not insane, the world is!" because it's probably true >.>

Can't help it that the rest of yeu non-nt's are psycho and don't realize it.

But yeah, I agree, it's getting a little tiresome how often this's becomming, especially considering how common it is outside this board as well. I'd have thought that, considering the nature of the board here, people would be more likely to think about this rationally and try to understand each other more. I should probably not use common sense though, oxy morons are rarely beneficial.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ah see caught, you're talking yourself into thinking that you might not be insane... :D Classic NT behaviour

The ranges is mental health are vast, really huge, so not type related I would think. maybe a dissporotionate skew occationally.

The folks that come over and say this stuff

Almost always start with - I love you guys,...... but...
and then list atributed of NT'ness - sometime/usually with their bad points and then say they have this problem or that problem...

This issue is the savious complex and need to fix someone into what they consider a better person looks like.

Ah well.. they are probably fat, ugly or stupid anyway :D

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Well keep in mind, that of all the types, the ENTP's are also the ones most likely to fanatically desire to improve themselves. If the little do-gooders want to impress their desire to help upon anyone, it'd be the ones who both look the most broken, and are most interested in accepting being 'fixed'.

Of course, it doesn't help to pick the ones most likely to argue the point to ensure they're not changing simply for the sake of change either... change is great, and tradition can be silly, but there should really be some kind of purpose behind WHY people change...I'm not going to just drop all my values and beliefs and adopt yeurs just because yeu tell me to... yeu'd better have a very good reason for thinking I should. If yeu can give a strong enough argument that I can't refute, I'll look into the idea further, and do some research on it. If not, I'm not going to waste my time. Just saying "I think yeu should be more like me, because I think I'm awesome" is just ridiculous. Drop the god complex, seriously. The saviour one, with needing to rescue me from myself, doesn't help either >.>

If the first thing yeu say is "I don't agree with yeu, yeur mind, yeur beliefs, or anything yeu care for, and think it should all be burnt in a fire..." yeu don't immediately then go "incidentally, how about yeu convert to be a me-clone? Yeah that'd be swell".

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP's development tends to be focused on skills development, I'm not sure they work on themselves in a human dynamic way - although that might be totally wrong.

I don't mind change, but it's self derived and has a purpose... I deal with change better than most... what I dislike is authorative change - do this because I say so stuff, then I'm inclined to be determined not too.

I guess underneaith is all, it's a type of control freakery P-style... I will change if you give me a suitable jutification otherwise I'dd dig my heels in. It's just less J type...

liked your survey analytics... you put in a lot of efforts. the sample sizes are way too small to do real cross comparison robuestly but its indicative...

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Yeah, the larger the sample size the more accurate it'd be, the S forums are really thinly populated unfortunately >.<

Some of the information's neat though =3

As for "Change because I tell yeu so", yeah that's a good way to encourage me to refuse to do whotever yeu want. If I see WHY, then I can put effort into it, if I see no reason to do so, I won't. I don't go on blind faith well, and "because I said so" is a form of blind faith.

Typology

MBTI Type
epyT
Enneagram
When every other type goes to bed, they dream about being an ENTP.