• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
As I told you, if you start to dig into the function distribution, it all will make sense:

1. Extroverted Intuition (strong N + the 1st function is an irrational function, therefore the four letter type gets a p)
2. Introverted Thinking (primary way of communication is Introverted)
3. Extroverted Feeling (Feelings are communicated with others and shared)
4. Introverted Sensing (only god knows what that means :D)

It's all there ..

I don't buy into fragmenting the functions beyond the first two... so how come you tested as an F type (Ok only just)... by which I mean, people arn't consious of it in the same way.... what is an introverted thinker... means you think in your head... wich isn't the E type at all

Point 4 = you sulk at Admin and getting admin things in your life done?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well I think you have to buy into it at some point cause that's what MBTI is about basically. I have come to understand the 4 letter type code as a mere descriptions for the functions behind it.

I tested as a F cause most questions on mypersonality that distinguish a person between F and T are too stereotypical. Most questions portray a T as a hard-ass Thinker with no Feelings at all and thats not the case, as it is not the case with all Fs not being able to think.

Those questions are built on stereotypes, you cant really take the result the test give you as granted. Besides I manipulated that test, I know what the questions aim at by now and therefore if you want I can even test as an ESTJ in the end.

You strike me as a person that is very conveniant in his opinion, yet you seem to know so little about mbti yet. I dont want to criticize you, but really deep thoughts you dont portray here. It's all shallow at best

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You strike me as a person that is very conveniant in his opinion, yet you seem to know so little about mbti yet. I dont want to criticize you, but really deep thoughts you dont portray here. It's all shallow at best

If you look at the stuff Liquid laser posted yesterday on functionality then I can buy that, which is pretty much the first two functions work after that people can't tell.

I've read Keirsy from cover to cover, but never become a qualified tester... So I know a fair bit, and I've also spoken to about 7-10 trainers at several different points in my life, I also conduted a UK survey just profiling the population... so not uneducated by any streach but don't buy into micro detail....

As a research I could pull the whole thing to bits if I really wanted to, but it has been proven useful... and yes anyone can manipulate the reseults of their MBTI...

The thing I'm confused by - is why you put that link up - if you didn't want to try and bottom out what you were at... which to be honest doesn't seem that ogical to me..

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well I am sorry, didnt wanted to insult your intelligence. I just dont click with you. You may have read a lot of books but your thoughts on the matter still aint equal to mine.

I have come to learn the mbti system, after I got to learn people. That means to me the mbti system is no accurate description of people, but it gives me a vocabulary to phrase some things I witnessed too. And this forum, with having a lot of people speaking the same language, it is even more easier to talk about then what moves you the most.

You cant impress me with ur knowledge of mbti books in that regards, because in the end its about people and not the system itself. Regarding the system tho, it is true that the four functions play a key role in it. There are several interpretations from now on, like shadow functions or function pairs making up for the ideal mate, I dont care about them too much, it does overcomplicate the whole thing too much.

But what I dont think and tho LL is a nice guy, I dont think its made out of 2 functions only. I am rather on the side with socionics here and think every person got all 8 of them, but its really not that important to me.

To me, as I told you, mbti is a vocabulary to talk about things that have mattered to me in the past. I wasnt able to phrase some things until I discovered this site. It helped me a lot in my personal development, cause now I am able to talk better about things and I am better at pinpointing out what bugs me in a situation.

I dont really click with you and I want to end this convo at this point. I nevertheless thank you tho very much for your attempt at trieing to help me. I posted the mypersonality link cause you asked for it. I did a lot of other different tests to I can link to you.

It doesnt really matter to me to know exactly what my 4 type letters are in the end, cause as I told you, I dont think it works. MBTI is a nice tool to learn about differences in life, but if you start assessing human beings, what its all about, in that kind of logical way to exactly pinpoint down if someone is more of a T or a F it becomes to narrow-minded, cause people aint machines.

And in the end, what does it give me if I'ld know I am enfp or estj, it wouldn't change the person I am and if I would make my personality dependant on my mbti results, I better go see a professional doctor.

If you feel offended tho that I inherit the same type as you on this forum and you want the crown for yourself only, let me know, I am gonna remove my type code then, it wouldnt matter to me.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well I am sorry, didnt wanted to insult your intelligence. I just dont click with you. You may have read a lot of books but your thoughts on the matter still aint equal to mine.

I’ve not seen any thoughts on the subject from you but why did you post the link to the test if you didn’t want to talk about it
I have come to learn the mbti system, after I got to learn people. That means to me the mbti system is no accurate description of people, but it gives me a vocabulary to phrase some things I witnessed too. And this forum, with having a lot of people speaking the same language, it is even more easier to talk about then what moves you the most.

I agree, but I’ve also studied a fair few other systems prior to MBTI and my job invents these types of systems for various marketing

You cant impress me with ur knowledge of mbti books in that regards, because in the end its about people and not the system itself. Regarding the system tho, it is true that the four functions play a key role in it. There are several interpretations from now on, like shadow functions or function pairs making up for the ideal mate, I dont care about them too much, it does overcomplicate the whole thing too much.

I’m not trying to impress you, simply pointing out after your previous slight that I do know a fair bit about the subject although not professionally qualified. So we are both agreed that some of the details of the functional analysis does over complicate things.

But what I dont think and tho LL is a nice guy, I dont think its made out of 2 functions only. I am rather on the side with socionics here and think every person got all 8 of them, but its really not that important to me.

I don’t think he said there was two function, he said there would be two that were more dominant (which I agree with). The rest have varying degrees of input but are so dominated by the first two they add nuance rather than derive the character...

To me, as I told you, mbti is a vocabulary to talk about things that have mattered to me in the past. I wasnt able to phrase some things until I discovered this site. It helped me a lot in my personal development, cause now I am able to talk better about things and I am better at pinpointing out what bugs me in a situation.
I dont really click with you and I want to end this convo at this point. I nevertheless thank you tho very much for your attempt at trieing to help me. I posted the mypersonality link cause you asked for it. I did a lot of other different tests to I can link to you.
I’m sorry but you seem upset about something, having been very friendly for a good few days, so thats OK, but it is strange. Not a problem to me

It doesnt really matter to me to know exactly what my 4 type letters are in the end, cause as I told you, I dont think it works. MBTI is a nice tool to learn about differences in life, but if you start assessing human beings, what its all about, in that kind of logical way to exactly pinpoint down if someone is more of a T or a F it becomes to narrow-minded, cause people aint machines.

And in the end, what does it give me if I'ld know I am enfp or estj, it wouldn't change the person I am and if I would make my personality dependant on my mbti results, I better go see a professional doctor.
Of course not, but this wasn’t driven by me....

If you feel offended tho that I inherit the same type as you on this forum and you want the crown for yourself only, let me know, I am gonna remove my type code then, it wouldnt matter to me.
Of course not, I’m just a bit perturbed by your behaviour in the last two post but hey not my problem....

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I’ve not seen any thoughts on the subject from you but why did you post the link to the test if you didn’t want to talk about it

I told you my thoughts about it, namely I described the 4 functions to you and how they explain some of my behaviour to me. You didnt click with my assessment and I sticked to it and therefore we cant talk about it further.

I agree, but I’ve also studied a fair few other systems prior to MBTI and my job invents these types of systems for various marketing

Well so maybe here is a difference between us. I use those things for personal growth and dont want to market them. Besides that I think things like that shouldnt be marketed at all, cause they cause more damage than they actually help people. It's like in high school, when there were different groups of people forming. So in my opinion instead of bringing people more together those tests serve as scapegoats for individuals to justify their own shortcomings, rather than to face them and trieing to actively change them.

I admit tho that we live in a complicated time, when individuality in people has become so strong that that it has become hard for them to find together again. But personality tests aint really the solution to that. If you join ventrillo on a typical nite, you will experience that phaenomenom, when everybody is talking about themselves but not to each other.

I have no idea myself how to change that in the long run, guess thats part of everyones personal development. I dont think tho that personality tests are the key. They can just give you a certain set of mind about a topic, but can leave you blinded to alternative scenarios or perceptions of the world.

I’m not trying to impress you, simply pointing out after your previous slight that I do know a fair bit about the subject although not professionally qualified. So we are both agreed that some of the details of the functional analysis does over complicate things.

Well I am still saying you dont know a fair bit. Maybe from books but not from reality.

I don’t think he said there was two function, he said there would be two that were more dominant (which I agree with). The rest have varying degrees of input but are so dominated by the first two they add nuance rather than derive the character...

Ok, I didnt understand that properly. That's what the general mbti thing says so yes, so this is not new. Many people define the entp type over a strong Ne + Fe and given the fact that Ti is their strongest one, those people do wrong. But I told you that already on your personal wall in the forum.

I’m sorry but you seem upset about something, having been very friendly for a good few days, so thats OK, but it is strange. Not a problem to me

I told you I dont click with you, but I dont with most people here. I dont like the dry logical attitude, I am very good at it myself but I try to avoid it at all cost. Because I dont see it as a necessity for progress .

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You didnt click with my assessment and I sticked to it and therefore we cant talk about it further.

Thats OK

Well so maybe here is a difference between us. I use those things for personal growth and dont want to market them. Besides that I think things like that shouldnt be marketed at all, cause they cause more damage than they actually help people. It's like in high school, when there were different groups of people forming. So in my opinion instead of bringing people more together those tests serve as scapegoats for individuals to justify their own shortcomings, rather than to face them and trieing to actively change them.

Sorry you’ve misunderstood what I do... I’m a researcher not a marketeer - I explore what people do, feel, want etc

I admit tho that we live in a complicated time, when individuality in people has become so strong that that it has become hard for them to find together again. But personality tests aint really the solution to that. If you join ventrillo on a typical nite, you will experience that phaenomenom, when everybody is talking about themselves but not to each other.

This was my first impression of MBTI chat room, but once it dies down a bit, people actually do talk to each other.... not all the time but....

Well I am still saying you dont know a fair bit. Maybe from books but not from reality.
I’m 100% sure I don’t know a huge amount, but I perhaps know more than you think from reality (and no I'm not trying to convince you), but that is a different subject.

I told you I dont click with you, but I dont with most people here. I dont like the dry logical attitude, I am very good at it myself but I try to avoid it at all cost.

Thats OK, as I said, its a bit strange after you being friendly but not a problem. I debate, which is an ENTP thing, but it’s not the whole of me. :)

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I told you I dont click with you, but I dont with most people here. I dont like the dry logical attitude, I am very good at it myself but I try to avoid it at all cost. Because I dont see it as a necessity for progress .

Ich auch :newwink: