• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Females: tell me about your facial piercings

• no piercings

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • few piercings; ears only

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • few piercings; ears and face

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • many piercings; ears only

• many piercings; ears and face

• not INTJ femaie

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters

lamp

Curiosity strikes me at work today: how many facial piercings do INTJ women have? Or, as Vincent Vega might ask, "How much shit do you have in your face?"
Anything may be discussed in the thread, but for the purposes of the poll: tongue piercings do not count, few means less than four, many means more than three.

Bonus question: do you have any tattoos?

edit - 'few' means less than or equal to three

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Funny question, may I ask what your thoughts about it are?

By the way, INTJ females don't come a dime a dozen. If you get more than 10 votes I'd be amazed. But I doubt you'd get any useful statistics. :p

Usehername

On a mission
When I was really little my aunt wanted to pierce my ears, and the deal was that I was allowed to get my ears pierced when I was old enough to make the decision. Randomly one day when I was 6 I decided to get them done, and after lots of cross-examination from my parents, they let me call my aunt and she took me. I showed no emotion over the pain and almost none over the excitement; I suppose I viewed it as a rite of passage or something.

I don't want anything else pierced but my ears, I find facial piercings distracting when trying to hold a conversation.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Anything may be discussed in the thread, but for the purposes of the poll: tongue piercings do not count, few means less than four, many means more than three.

So if you have three-and-a-half peircings, what choice are you supposed to check?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So if you have three-and-a-half peircings, what choice are you supposed to check?

How can you have half a piercing. Is it like a half circular hole? (|

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
have a female INTJ friend..no facial piercings to my knowledge, besides the typical earring ones.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One INTJ female I know has a lip ring and a few tattoos, but the others I know don't have any facial piercings or tattoos, and I don't see them ever getting any. They are pretty conservative about what goes in and on their bodies.

Now, ENTP females...I've got stories for you about their various piercings and tattoos. :)

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
I think of conspicuous piercings as a statement of allegiance to a subculture. I would expect that it would have little appeal to INTJs, who tends to value individualism.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I have one whole in each ear at the moment. I probably won't get any more, although I've considered getting a second set in my ears.

I think of conspicuous piercings as a statement of allegiance to a subculture. I would expect that it would have little appeal to INTJs, who tends to value individualism.

Yeah, that's actually another reason I'm not that interested in getting more facial piercings. I don't want to be grouped in with the emo/punk/whatever kids.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
none, not even ear piercings, no tattoos either

lamp

I appreciate your responses. And now, some frivolous follow-ups.

Funny question, may I ask what your thoughts about it are?

By the way, INTJ females don't come a dime a dozen. If you get more than 10 votes I'd be amazed. But I doubt you'd get any useful statistics. :p
Well, I just had a random curiosity whilst using a wire wheel polisher at work today. I tend to approve of facial piercings, and the ENFP is supposed to pair well with the INTJ. I wanted to pose the question and see what transpired; I am interested in seeing the results but do not care about objectively useful stats here.

I suppose I viewed it as a rite of passage or something.

I don't want anything else pierced but my ears, I find facial piercings distracting when trying to hold a conversation.
Do you find regular ear piercings distracting? Have you considered stopping wearing them?

One of the 'many' options, definitely.

I think of conspicuous piercings as a statement of allegiance to a subculture.
I don't want to be grouped in with the emo/punk/whatever kids.
Are you associating the piercings with subcultures in general, or with specific subcultures? Seems to be general association.

And poppy, I appreciate your precision.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I have two piercings in each ear, though I never wear earrings. When I got them, I was still under the delusion that if I tried hard enough, I could be something I wasn't. Were it possible to remove them, I would.

Usehername

On a mission
Do you find regular ear piercings distracting? Have you considered stopping wearing them?

I don't find small piercings all that distracting, but I do find my gaze is attracted there, so the bigger and more noticeable it is, the more I'm consciously trying to override my natural gaze, which detracts from the conversation and is a lot of unnecessary work.

I rarely wear earrings, they're just pierced. I mostly don't wear them because (like many people) I get tiny bumps inside my ear lobes from a reaction to the metal (yes, even with the allergy-friendly ones and sterilizing them), and I find those annoying, so I usually just wear earrings on special occasions or once every 6 weeks or so when I want to have an extra nicely dressed casual day.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I think tattoos appeal to my imagination more than piercings. On other people they could be very interesting...so long as it's not just ye olde tribal ring around the arm, but something really aesthetically pleasing and meaningful.

I wonder what the meaning of piercings is apart from possibly adherence to a subculture. They mostly seem to be...metal in the body...they don't seem to whisper stories to me as much. Why do you get a piercing apart from the visually pleasing/subculture/rebellion part? I suppose it could be a celebratory thing or a commemoration thing. Or an expression of self. Anyway: why?

I agree that facial piercings can be distracting. And tattoos and skin are more symbiotic...with piercings I tend to feel that there is something off what with the metal-flesh interaction...they give me a Freudian uncanny experience.