• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's on Alternative Medicine

NT's used alternative medicine.....?

• Accupuncture

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Accupressure

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Homoeopathy

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Herbal - pills/tinctures

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Reki

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Faith healing

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Hypnotisim

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Chiropractice

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Osteopathy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Auro soma (colour therapy)

• Traditional Chinese Medicine (non accupuncture)

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Crystals

• Flower remedies

• Reflexology

• Rebirthing

• Past Life Regression

• Aroma therapy

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Hypnotherapy

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • NLP

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other..... on the thread

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey

Interested to see if NTs buy non western medicine...

I've put in other option which you can post on the thread if you like

Lis

Ok - I've treid a fair few... sometime for medicinal purposes, sometimes not

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
If I reply to this doublepost thread, does that mean it won't get deleted?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
The other one ought to be deleted, just screwed up the poll wanted it multi choice.. I sulk

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I believe there is some merit to it. Particularly the treatments rooted in chinese medicine.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I'm down for herbs, infusions, and oils. Some of them are pretty legitimate.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Complete crap - unless it has a reproducible effect (and psychosomatic effects don't count). TCM does so well because the Chinese have access to a lot of plants that have fairly useful active ingredients. Other than that, it's in your head, and lets face it, that can generally help. You don't need a cortisol flood when you have all sorts of other shit to deal with.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Not into it, but I do think nutrition plays a much bigger role in prevention of disease than what the current stance of allopath medicine seems to believe. Nutrition is more of a holistic practitioner's approach from what I've read.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
It's all rubbish. Admittedly I have read into NLP, but not as a form of medication. And even then it's uses are heavily overestimated.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Not into it, but I do think nutrition plays a much bigger role in prevention of disease than what the current stance of allopath medicine seems to believe. Nutrition is more of a holistic practitioner's approach from what I've read.

I agree, the power of good nutrition is underrated.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
does general but somewhat esoteric knowledge count as nom-western? i think it does

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Okay, let's be honest here... who voted Homeopathy? Bend over for your spanking.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP

yes I totally agree, when I'm asked what my skin care regime is....good nutrition, sleep and water - it makes you look 10 years younger ;)

Actually lots of fruit and vieggies are large contributor.

L

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Okay, let's be honest here... who voted Homeopathy? Bend over for your spanking.

I did, and actually I'd rather have the spanking :D ;)

I didn't find it particularly useful, but then maybe I didn't try it long enough...

thisGuy... esoteric knowledge if used for healing purposes perhaps it counts..

I'm really shocked by two faith healing votes... Wonder if the people had better experiences than I have seen.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
er... why have you put NLP to alternative MEDICINE list? I honestly can't think of any possible therapeutic use for it - and I am a NLP master...:shock:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually I know its a streach but NLP can be used as a therapy... Changing peoples consious state is a type of CBT.

I know it's not the normal application of NLP, but to be honest I've never seen a normal use of NLP, it seems to be used for everything but the kitchen sink.....

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted other.

None.

Apart from a one time antibiotic treatment as a result of being inocculated for a disease while having the disease in my body, getting the disease nearly twice as bad as a result when I was about 3 years old. The only medicine I ever had in my life is aspirin. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen. Can't recall ever having any other medicine.

I've used alcohol on wounds, vaseline stuffs on skin things and such. But I don't really see that stuff as medicine. :p

I've lived a pretty medicine free life. *shrugs*

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm down for herbs, infusions, and oils. Some of them are pretty legitimate.

Yep. Some herbs have useful active ingredients in them. The trick is to buy good quality ones IMO.

That was the only one I ticked the box for. I have had acupuncture as a kid but it wasn't my choice to have it. Don't think it made any difference tbh.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've lived a pretty medicine free life. *shrugs*

Impressive....

Herbs and TCM - they do contain active ingredients, so you ought to declare them to western medics to ensure you don't over dose.

Many drugs are refined herbs or synthetic version of herbs...

Nicholas Culpeper was the herbal god, who's book has never gone out of publications since 1600's (so I've heard). Culpeper's complete herbal. The BBC also did a costume drama about him which was very good...The Rebel Physician.

I'm still entregued about the NT's who have done some of the really out-there stuff....