• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTx

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Gosh that does sound hard work.....

I was just interested to see what the external manifestation might be. Clealy it doesn't happen to you much

L

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
PS. We're all NTs here, so we should all beware of an innate pitfall: that we expect every other person we interact with to be better at expressing and handling emotion. We by nature have the N and the T side covered, and it seems to me people are interesting to us if they do what we don't do, F.

It's natural, what they call "dual-seeking behaviour", and it seems to me it's one of the basic traps of NT/NT relationships.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Maybe a trap, but all NT's still have some level of F within them, it depends on how well developed it is/or how badly I would think.

I have been thinking about the test, I would guess a person may be able to rate higher on a non attributed letter than someone who has it as their atribution... although I might be wrong.

An NT might actually have more F qualities than an NF who isn't particulalrly expressive... do you think thats possible. It' would just mean that ultimately they make a T decision not an F one...

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
An NT might actually have more F qualities than an NF who isn't particulalrly expressive... do you think thats possible. It' would just mean that ultimately they make a T decision not an F one...

Could be. But if one is persistently asking that NT to be the emo partner, one is asking him to consistently lean on his less preferred functions. It'd wear really thin after a while.

It's possible that both ENTPs and INTJs are maybe more prone to dual seeking behaviour than the other NTs, or at least more prone to putting pressure on the partner to be emo, because both have their F in third place, the relief function. Both ENTPs and INTJs would want to be talking about feelings or accessing feelings or seeing feelings... a bizarre and totally odd seeming suggestion, but there it is. The third function is what people turn to for taking the pressure off or for finding energy and recharging or seeking creativity, so...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Both ENTPs and INTJs would want to be talking about feelings or accessing feelings or seeing feelings... a bizarre and totally odd seeming suggestion, but there it is. The third function is what people turn to for taking the pressure off or for finding energy and recharging or seeking creativity, so...

Now that does sound strange, but I do talk feelings a fair bit... So if I'm getting you, this might be quite nic emotionally?

But hey I've got an ice berge to brak through first.... Anyone got a pick axe?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Now that does sound strange, but I do talk feelings a fair bit... So if I'm getting you, this might be quite nic emotionally?

Or a disaster waiting to happen. I assume having F as the relief function doesn't actually make the user good at being emo. More likely makes them sensitive to it and at the same time worried by it and prone to needing other people to look after it. To be good at it, one has to use it a lot, and as NTs we're busy using the N and the T a lot more than the F.

Fs have more conscious control over this crap. If they're not good at it, at least they're familiar with it as a more substantial part of their life.

And in any case, have a think, I think if NTs do stop and look over their behaviour with other people, we'll probably see patterns of behaviour or habits of speech that seem designed to kind of make other people be the emos.

Like for example if someone is making a plan and testing parts of it on me, important points in the discussion will probably see me asking things like, "Well, so you could do this or this, which one feels stronger?" Or I'll be saying things like, "Yeah, but what do you want to do?" Asking for the emo, in other words.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
ooops this doesn't sound too good... but I guess one can get by...

Trouble with IxFx - is I scare the crap out of them... and I'm seriously convinced all the ExFx shag around, Athough thats mainly the P types, not really met a J type...

Hence I was quiet pleased to meet an INTJ (my dad was one I beleive).... Clearly more issues than the practical stuff I was envisaging...

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Hey guys

Been reading some back threads on INTJ's specifically (am interested in one but don't know where I stand). And quite a few threads I read mentioned that INTx's don't like to get angry.....

Is this because you indulge in passive agressive acts?
Are you non confrontational?
How do you get your needs/desires met?

Interested....

Lis

No, I'm not passive aggressive.
Yes I do have a tendency to avoid confrontations, even if I knew it would be better to deal with the situation. I consider it one of my bigger character vaults.
Needs? Desires? Studies show that venting anger is actually worse then suppressing it. If I'm angry I just go do something fun to get me back in a good mood.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
No, I'm not passive aggressive.
Yes I do have a tendency to avoid confrontations, even if I knew it would be better to deal with the situation. I consider it one of my bigger character vaults.
Needs? Desires? Studies show that venting anger is actually worse then suppressing it. If I'm angry I just go do something fun to get me back in a good mood.

Good link, interesting, been reading up on insulin resistance and cortisone increases etc.... will ponder a while

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Hey guys

Been reading some back threads on INTJ's specifically (am interested in one but don't know where I stand). And quite a few threads I read mentioned that INTx's don't like to get angry.....

Is this because you indulge in passive agressive acts?
Are you non confrontational?
How do you get your needs/desires met?

Interested....

Lis

Angry: don't like it when I do - emotions out of hand. Doesn't happen often.

Passive-aggressive acts: sometimes, try not to engage in them.

Non-confrontational: no.

How do you get your needs met?: still trying to figure that out.