• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP Females

Synthetic Darkness

This is just something I recognized within myself and I'm wondering if other ENTP females do the same thing. Do you see yourselves putting more stock on your Fe than your Ti? Because I remember the way I used to be and I see myself now and I know that Ti growth has been stunted somewhat by my plea for social acceptance, maybe its just society's influence on me as a female or maybe its a cultural thing but has any other ENTP female or any other Ti-Fe female user experienced the same thing?

I know I can't be a ENFJ because my Ne is way to apparent or an ENFP because my Fi is almost nonexistant something that still bothers the people around me who call me unsympathetic (I like to think of myself as empathetic not sympathetic but this is getting offtopic)

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Ahaha, it's your thread; you can be as on-topic or off-topic in your op as much as you want.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I think that thats very likely, from my understanding its a fairly common occurance for male F-dom(especialy Fi ones) to overcompensate for traits they deem unmasculine such as acting UBER-macho ect ect. It doesnt seem too far fetched for T-dom(or in your case T Aux) women to do same thing only reversed.

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
You mean like... tertiary temptation?
Yours would be Fe.

Synthetic Darkness

Ok because I see some of the ENTPs here and I think gosh what I wouldn't give to have my Ti that developed my Fe almost always gets me mistaken for ENFP or ENFJ and I can't help but think that I am some sort of anomaly because I don't act like a typical ENTP apparently I'm much nicer according to some of the people on the forum.

Edit: Tertiary Temptation?

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Ok because I see some of the ENTPs here and I think gosh what I wouldn't give to have my Ti that developed my Fe almost always gets me mistaken for ENFP or ENFJ and I can't help but think that I am some sort of anomaly because I don't act like a typical ENTP apparently I'm much nicer according to some of the people on the forum.

What if the MBTI is an inexact sceince and Individuality beats self-labeling?

No thats silly. Continue to argue semantics amoungst yourselfs :D

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Do you use Fe to avoid looking inward? (Putting more stock in it than Ti to remain in extroverted terms.)
I've seen male ENTPs do the same, they just go about it differently.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Do you see yourselves putting more stock on your Fe than your Ti?

No. I've been developing my Fe slowly, over the past few years. But I never put any stock into it before. I did mimic it though, at times, to get what I wanted.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm still learning all of the functions, but I get what you are saying and yes I have felt that way as well. I remember since I was extremely young my father begging me to "act like a lady."

I do try to accomodate people, but there is a catch and it catches many people off guard. I will go as far as I need to in situations to keep waters calm, but there is always a limit and many people are suprised when they have hit it and realize I'm not quite like other girls. I also have humored many people (which as Ive gotten older has bugged me more and more and I've quite doing it as much) and I wont say I necessarily went along, but let them think what they want to get what I want etc. However, if I dont want anything and dont care then of course I didnt care.

I have felt pretty much all my life that I was an odd ball and it was actually quite freeing to read about entp and realize that Im not a crazy girl, Im just different and it is ok.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I'm not female, but I can certainly relate.

The more I experience the real world the more I realize Ti is a worthless piece of shit that never accomplishes anything. If you want to see what happens when Ti is given too much power, just look at your favorite social failure INTP--without iNtuition, "I'm not ready to assume that yet" because their life mantra because they never feel they have enough information yet to actually DO anything. Better wait it out and see!!

Anyway yeah, Fe is waaaaaaaaaaay more useful in most real world situations than Ti. So is Ne, so is Ni, so is Te...

Fuck Ti; I'm just going to study INJs until I figure out how to replace mine with Ni.

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

The more I experience the real world the more I realize Ti is a worthless piece of shit that never accomplishes anything. If you want to see what happens when Ti is given too much power, just look at your favorite social failure INTP--without iNtuition, "I'm not ready to assume that yet" because their life mantra because they never feel they have enough information yet to actually DO anything. Better wait it out and see!!

Anyway yeah, Fe is waaaaaaaaaaay more useful in most real world situations than Ti. So is Ne, so is Ni, so is Te...

Fuck Ti; I'm just going to study INJs until I figure out how to replace mine with Ni.

Any function is useless if you can't balance it.
I don't think that's specific to Ti... people of all types can be failures.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi

I think its more of the case of what you are focusing on right now. I grew up with the whole raming femininity down my throat (I have 9 bros and a male brain skew as you can imagine a bit of a tom boy).

I am consious that I've probably over focused on my think at the extpense of feeling, and probably need to readdress that. Not that I'm not femine, I tend to dress nutrally and v femine when I go out properly. I'll never be a girlie girl though

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
This is interesting cause me an a friend sat down and figured she was ExTP and since she oozs Ne she was an ENTP. But she took the test and came back ENFJ which is weird cause while she does have really good Fe she also works for scottish power and is going to uni to do Physics. Maybe shes like the OP.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Hey, hey! Take it easy on the INTP's!!! :steam: We're not social failures. I DEFINITELY relate to what you're saying - there is truth in what you are saying. If Ti runs wild, and "P" isn't tamed, we run the risk of never doing ANYTHING. But, Ti has been huge for me in coming up with a gameplan for life. It took me years to figure out how to use it in an effective way (and I'm still learning), but I think Ti allows me to come up with some pretty awesome plans - 5-year plans, 3-year, 2-year, 1-year, 6-month, 3-month, and 1-month. Things that help society, help others, accomplish things that have meaning. Ti, in and of itself, will not accomplish those things though. Ti only allows me to sketch out my plan and put dreams, goals, aspirations, and talents to paper - into a real plan. I still have to carry out that plan, which involves extroverting, and some amount of "J".

Interestingly enough, for years I felt like a "social failure". But, we're not. I think INTP's simply need to make REAL, precise plans that allow time. In other words, if something in your plan that included a lot of extroverting and meeting people (a business contact or two), an ENTJ might carry out that task in 1 day. Allow yourself a week - or a month. Break up your plans into small doable chunks and carry them out 1 by 1. When the results start to come in, confidence is gained, and the ball continues to roll.

Use Ne and Fe to carry out the intense plans of Ti. One quick example: For some time now, I've wanted to talk to people in convalescent homes and encourage them, read to them, get to know a few of them who may be lonely, etc. But, I was always terrified to actually go and ask the staff how (and if) I could get started. So, recently, in my "planning", I included it in my 1 month plan. Once it was on paper, I was committed to it - good, bad, or ugly. So, I went down one day and turned beet red and asked if I could spend time with some of the residents - maybe an awnry elderly man who wanted to talk about the world or something. She seemed a little thrown off by my request, but said they welcome volunteers and I would need to get a TB test before I could start. In my hurry to get out of there, I said, "Well, I'll come back later in the week for that." And so I left without completing the process. I gave myself a few days off (not from everything, but from this particular task) and then came back for the test. The lady was gone for the day. Bummer. The following week I went back again, spoke to her with a little more confidence on what exactly I'd like to do as a volunteer, filled out some paperwork, and got a TB test. Next time I go in, I'll be meeting with an awnry, elderly man who I have been told is "waiting for my arrival" :shock:

lol...Ti "can be" useless if we let it. But, if we implement the things it comes up with (at a reasonable pace), it's great to have. I can see some extroverts laughing inside about something so simple being such a big ordeal for me, but this is what extreme introverts struggle with. How do we effectively extrovert the things we want to do in life? There are ways to do it and to make Ti effective!

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
In some situations, yes. In some situations, no.

Unlike most who tried to blend in, I ended up going more the route of becomming an 'in person' social hermit, I avoided pretty much everything dealing with people in person. I rarely ever talk face to face, and rarely go to any sort of social function, and never if I don't have to. Refuse to wear anything uncomfortable or impractical, everything has to be with good reason.

As almost all of my social skills are actually related to being online, rather than in person, this actually DOES make a significant difference, as people are generally more accepting of ones' "true" self, and it's FAR easier to find like minds online with hundreds or thousands of people yeu bump into in various sites, games, etc. If yeu try to maintain this in a standard school environment, meh yeu're screwed, maybe yeu'll find ONE ENTP female in every 2-3 classes of 40ish people due to overlap of students, and even then it can be hard to notice them due to most attempt to just blend in so they don't have to deal with the pressure.

This indirectly led to problems of "zomg why can't yeu make 'real' friends instead of pretend internet friends?" alot but really... "real" friends? Where am I going to get THOSE around here? The location here is tiny as hell, there's an excellent chance I was the ONLY ENTP female in my grade due to very low population density, though I'm sure there were a few other NT's they were not of the kinds that I cared to associate with.

In short, I had no reason to really develop that way as a mask going through school.

Since leaving it though, I've tried to work on improoving my social skills slowly. Basically I can easily slip into a group and understand how the group's mechanics work and use it to my advantage and such, but this's more of an instinctual level, far more so than an intentional trait. The Fe is NATURALLY there, and moderately strong, but it's not been nurtured to the point of being controllable as such.

I'm sort of trying to change it but it's quite difficult when one truly doesn't really understand it fully. It's like how do I get better at something I have difficulties with even the definition on? XD Makes it very hard to do when looking at it from a reasoned, logical perspective, more or less on my own without too much outside help on the matter. It's confusing and bizzare, it's obvious it works to some degree innately, but HOW it works is pretty much beyond me at this point.

And yet it is in fact used constantly, to varying degrees, but rarely as an intentional desire to do so, it just happens automatically.

For all that being said, I *DO* attempt to... alright well no I don't really attempt to be feminine. But it does bother me greatly when people don't understand that, like I try to avoid making 'really' obvious errors... but for most of the normal average stuff, I seriously just don't care. Why should I have to cater to someone else's flawed perspective? If they're whining about me wearing pants instead of a dress, they're going to whine about EVERYTHING no matter how trivial, it's pointless to even try to cater to their whims because I'd completely loose everything that defines me in the process. And considering I absolutely DON'T want to end up anything at all like them, I'm not going to try to please them due to that risk of loosing myself in the process, just so I can try to make someone I don't even like happy. All risk, no reward? Uhm... no.

But let's say on bigger issues, I will still speak my mind, but I'll be... a little more cautious in my wording to describe my points of view these days, trying to minimize how bluntly I state certain unorthodox opinions I may hold. Some of my beliefs are very practical in nature, but are almost purely logical in a point of view and detached emotionally to the point that if someone saw a girl state "I think we should just cut the meat off dead people and feed animals with them rather than poisoning it with preservatives and burying it in the ground since it's a waste of perfectly good meat", people would just stare at me in total shock and be like WTF are yeu totally insane?

Sooooo yeah, some things do need to be careful on to use a lil Fe, but it's something that I've been alot slower in developing than most. By default it's naturally strong, but it's only a talent for the most part at this point, a natural affinity with no real training and skill in how to properly make use of it.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think I have normal levels of both. Yes there's the pressure to fit in socially but honestly the lack of a dominant F component is probably one of the last reasons why I have a hard time fitting in socially.

Being an extrovert and outgoing means that, for the most part, I like people and enjoy being around them. It's important to me that everyone around me is having just amount of fun as I am. My need to do this isn't exactly from altruism, so it's not like I want them to be at ease and happy for their own benefit, I want them to be at ease and happy because it increases my fun levels, and let's be honest we ENTPs like to have fun. Anything beyond that I can mimic quite well and have been accused of emotional manipulation because of it. Since then, I have decided that the use of super-mimicked Fe must never be used for evil.

I remember I used to get the "act like a lady" comment until about the age of 10. After that my family just gave up and just prayed that none of quick witted, astute bluntness got me stabbed or shot.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
This is just something I recognized within myself and I'm wondering if other ENTP females do the same thing. Do you see yourselves putting more stock on your Fe than your Ti? Because I remember the way I used to be and I see myself now and I know that Ti growth has been stunted somewhat by my plea for social acceptance, maybe its just society's influence on me as a female or maybe its a cultural thing but has any other ENTP female or any other Ti-Fe female user experienced the same thing?

I know I can't be a ENFJ because my Ne is way to apparent or an ENFP because my Fi is almost nonexistant something that still bothers the people around me who call me unsympathetic (I like to think of myself as empathetic not sympathetic but this is getting offtopic)

That's crazy. I was asking myself this question about 5 minutes ago, and went online to possibly start a thread about it. Yeah, my Fe sometimes spirals out of control...

Synthetic Darkness

Hi

I think its more of the case of what you are focusing on right now. I grew up with the whole raming femininity down my throat (I have 9 bros and a male brain skew as you can imagine a bit of a tom boy).

It really has nothing to do with being a tom boy you could say I was one. I just wondered by I choose to use Fe more than Ti but I've been thinking about it more and it seems that I was mistaking Ti for Te and I do use Ti it just doesn't seem as apparent do to my raging Ne...if that makes any sense :doh:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not really. I have fairly strong Fe, or maybe it's that I notice it as it's externally focused, but either way my T and Ti are stronger and have a bigger role to play in my decision making etc, Fe is there but I don't put more stock in it.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
It really has nothing to do with being a tom boy you could say I was one. I just wondered by I choose to use Fe more than Ti but I've been thinking about it more and it seems that I was mistaking Ti for Te and I do use Ti it just doesn't seem as apparent do to my raging Ne...if that makes any sense :doh:

Ok I'm not big on function break downs, I'm not sure I get the subtle nuances... but hey ya know... Ti = analytics of minutia, rout out logical inconclusions...

I do an analytics job although now a manager so much less analytics required.....while learning the analytics I really focused. I wanted to be very strong technically in order to feel fully compotent. I'm never going to be a strong categorisor, and the longer in the tooth I get the less inclined I am in the minutia... As for routing out logical inconclusions - I do that really quickly in my consious mind, until I hit an issue that I know something is off - then it can be really difficult to identify what it is that is off, and I then need to really pan handle for what it is that is bothering me (only happens very occationall).

My Fe could be better if your defintion includes being very polite and harmonious interactions. In my work I have to have things right over nice... because of the decision making process. I can be a bit of a people pleaser at time, to my own detriment. I can get on with people, but I don't shy away from the tough stuff and probably need to develop more tact.

Balancing social v's thinking stuff is important... Not having enough thinking stimulus/time will eventally lower your energy levels... so balance is needed.

does that help?

Bottom line - I make decisions by T not F unless the decision doens't have consiquences that cause problems.