• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The technology and innovation appreciation thread

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I'm going to assume most NT types are into technology, other types are free to share as well. What are your latest interests and favorite pieces of technology?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
yamaha keyboard [WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE]
burnout paradise
embedded systems

ygolo

My termites win
I am working on some silicon chip designs on my own (I also do it professionally). I think I will always have an interest in this field...even as I make a career shift away from it.

I am currently involved in self-study of Quantum Mechanics. Not just the philosophy or the qualitative "gee-wiz" type stuff...the actually nitty-gritty mathematics and physics...to the point of developing the skills for applying Quantum Mechanics in a wide number of areas. I will at least have to pass exams.

I am also interested in the polywell technology.

I think this is the most promising thing in the energy realm I've seen. They say all the physics have been figured out, and all that's left is engineering.

But I want to understand the physics. Then possibly go for a ph.d. program focussing on polywells.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Carbon Nanotubules (sp?)

If/once we figure out how to make long strands of these things it will change many aspects of how we build anything.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I am working on some silicon chip designs on my own (I also do it professionally). I think I will always have an interest in this field...even as I make a career shift away from it.

I am currently involved in self-study of Quantum Mechanics. Not just the philosophy or the qualitative "gee-wiz" type stuff...the actually nitty-gritty mathematics and physics...to the point of developing the skills for applying Quantum Mechanics in a wide number of areas. I will at least have to pass exams.

I am also interested in the polywell technology.

I think this is the most promising thing in the energy realm I've seen. They say all the physics have been figured out, and all that's left is engineering.

But I want to understand the physics. Then possibly go for a ph.d. program focussing on polywells.

interesting device there, except they don't have one working yet, and as I suspected after reading more about it, it is an "overunity" device, a device that comsumes less energy than it puts out. Good luck with that.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I'm really curious about any type of levitation but this one topped it off for me,

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4exO4CuoSU"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4exO4CuoSU"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

It was rumored that Ancient Egyptian priests would "sing" the capstone blocks of pyramids into place, sounds unbelievable right? They were primitive right? No not exactly, they had electricity!! They had batteries and what looks like light bulbs in their hieroglyphics, and yes they actually dug up and found ancient batteries, that work. There is a lot of mystery behind the pyramids, and I believe they had much knowledge about advanced technology.

Also Edward Leedskalnin was a very mysterious case of 1 man building a whole castle moving tons of coral rock at a time mysteriously by himself somehow with basic tools. However there was a case where he hired someone who help him move his castle during the middle of construction, this guy reportedly saw leedskalnin singing to the stones and they were levitating onto the truck! Leedskalnin himself professed that he had found the secret the egyptians used to build the pyramids.....

I have also read accounts of Tibetan monks who used instruments(musical) to propel and hurl huge rocks through the air.

So it all adds up to the truth now, sound is capable of levitating things. And it is ancient knowledge we have forgotten and rediscovered.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94KzmB2bI7s"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94KzmB2bI7s"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
The Large Hadron Collider and the search for the Higgs Boson.

Also, space elevators.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So it all adds up to the truth now, sound is capable of levitating things. And it is ancient knowledge we have forgotten and rediscovered.

Cool background info.

Imagine the noise outside a town in the future if they build things that way :D

----

I am working currently on a project team who measure frequncies a combustion engine gives off during operation. The idea is to build an onboard diagnosis to detect failures in the system before they happen.

We yet managed to predict damage in bearing blocks and valves causing prolonged injection times with the device.

a nice idea, but still needs a lot of development.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have seen arguments that science and technology is a sin since it makes us more like God and opens our eyes hence we would theoretically not need God which is the lie the Serpent in the Garden of Eden sought to promote so we would make the same mistake he did and blinded by ambition suffer the hardest fall by rebelling against God, the masterful Creator.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know. Nothing that I've really been following lately. When I think of technology, I don't generally think of particular devices as much as the engineering discoveries and underlying components that make up those devices. I'm kind of out of the loop lately on current technological innovations.