• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Music preferances for NT's in general

Nyx

Your taste in music is impeccable!

I also would add:
10 Years
Andberlin
Bob Marly
Boards of Canada
Circa Survive
Iron and Wine
Juno
Low vs Dimond
Mogwai
The River Empires
The Sound of Animals Fighting
Radiohead
MewithoutYou
Tech N9ne
Tycho

('You Raised Me Up' is the number one played song on my iTunes with 156 plays)

Circa Survive! :) One of my favorites...don't know many people who like them outside of Philly, but I have two NT friends who like them.

Here are some more I have noticed because all of my friends are NTs (I like all this music too of course, otherwise I would not have remembered it):

The ones I put in bold are ones they all have in common with each other:

Blur
Radiohead
Pendulum
STS9
Explosions in the Sky
Of Montreal
Ratatat
Gorillaz
MewithoutYou
Daft Punk
Mars Volta
Death Cab for Cutie
God is an Astronaut
MF Doom
Fall of Troy
Beirut
Aphex Twin
Battles
Deadmau5
Animal Collective
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Tera Melos
Owen
Justice

I have also noticed NTs are really fond of math rock and electronic music.
I can't think of anymore right now...

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
In addition to what I and Nyx (who listens to awesome music as well) have already posted, I've started listening to the following bands.

- Feist
- Sufjan Stevens
- Andrew Bird
- Franz Ferdinand
- Bright Eyes
- Jem
- Regina Spektor
- Modest Mouse

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think i'll just list what I have on my music phone though I listen to more than just that and don't listen all of it but most of it.

30 seconds to mars
Adele
Arctic Monkeys
Guys and Dolls sound track
Coldplay
Editors - AWSOME! just saw them last night at the barrowlands!
Eminem
Foo Fighters
Guns n Roses
Jamie Cullum
Kaiser Chiefs
Kanye West
Kasabian
Kings of Leon
Led Zeppelin
Linkin Park
Lostprophets
Maroon 5
Maximo Park
Muse
Nickelback
Nine Black Alps
Nirvana
Oasis
RENT soundtrack
Razorlight
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Seasick Steve
Snow Patrol
Stereophonics
The Beatles
The Fratellis
The Fray
The Good, The Bad & The Queen
The Hoosiers
The Killers
The Kooks
The Last Shadow Puppets
The Racontuers
The Strokes
The Verve
The White Stripes
The who

Soon to be added:

The Subways
The Queens of the Stone Age
Alex Cornish
Arcade Fire

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
I'll listen to just about anything, if I actually decide to listen to music. My collection runs from Bach to Bachman Turner Overdrive, from Mozart to Motorhead, From Tschaicovsky to the Texas Tornados, Symphonies to the Sex Pistols or SRV. Andean Music, Japanese shakuhachi or koto, Latin beats like Cumbias, Meréngues, Russian folk ballads. Blues, Punk, Country, Pop, Pop-Folk, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Techno, dance, hip hop and rap.

WHAT I listen to at any given time is dependent on my mood. I cannot stand to listen to music that doesn't fit my mood...it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. I know some folks can be depressed and put on happy music then become happy. Not me...I'll want to listen to Depeche Mode or something.

That said...there's one set of music that can actually ALTER my mood, and that is the soundtrack to "Last of the Mohicans" and "Blackhawk Down". I think partly this has to do with how much I love the treatment of the Michael Mann version (which does NOT follow the book much at all, for those who've never read it and seen the movie). Because of my emotional connection to these two movies, listen to the music from them can change my mood.

Odd, I know. But there it is.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
anything depressing or insightful, usually i find the two interchangeable.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Why so little

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J56W1A9FPCk"]Sonic Youth - Cinderella's Big Score[/YOUTUBE]

omfg Leadguitargasm