• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] xNTx fidelity

How sexually faithful are you when in an relationship

• ENTJ - Always faithful

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • ENTJ - Occationally been unfaithful

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • ENTJ - Rarely faithful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTJ - Never faithful

• ENTP - Always faithful

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • ENTP - Occationally been unfaithful

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • ENTP - Rarely faithful

• ENTP - Never faithful

• INTP - Always faithful

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • INTP - Occationally been unfaithful

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • INTP - Rarely faithful

• INTP - Never faithful

• INTJ - Always faithful

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • INTJ - Occationally been unfaithful

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • INTJ - Rarely faithful

• INTJ - Never faithful

• Total voters

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
They SO let the side down, ENTP are nearly 50:50... eeeek

I wonder if it relates to commitment phobia, or short attention span, or the ability to spot a problem a mile off.....

Did you mean the actual reason for cheating or the justification after that fact from the guilty party?

I think the first two reasons you give can account for Ne wandering eye and "P" dislike of 'finality'/obligation. The whole "grass is greener" syndrome.

I bolded the third one because it sounds like justification/crafting an alibi for after the fact. Like looking for a reason in the relationship to bail out/cheat when there is no actual reason in the relationship. I think an ENTP could excel at that!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi

Yes kind off post rationalisation. I would guess the ENTP would have thought the relationship isn't perfect and their is this really hot girl/guy over there... why not... ENTPs I beleive can justify almost anything.

I'm not condoning it....

Lis

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually - given the xFTx results ExxP seems to have about 50:50 unfaithful - although less extreme levels of playing away.

Obviously both of these surveys are small sample sizes..... but indicative I would think.

ExxP's probably have more opportunity vis-a-vis socable/opportunistic.... The P part is probably something along the lines of not valuing structures as much as other types... But hey all this is pure speculation.

L

whynot

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've often equated this kind of setup to "The Ring of Gyges" from Plato's Republic. I must say that I agree with Socrates on this. There are men/women that hold to a standard for reasons other than social ones.

I would not, and have never, cheated in a monogamous relationship. My reasoning, albeit somewhat selfish, is simple. I value my integrity and my strength of will far more than any amount of sexual gratification. Why? Because I realize how temporary any sexual satisfaction is, versus how lasting my integrity is.

I also foresee a great deal of unwanted stress resulting from infidelity, and I'm not inclined to waste my time with such things.

If a person I'm seeing is proposing an open relationship, I will end the relationship all together. It is obvious at that point neither of us will be able to satisfy the others' needs. I require the same exclusivity that I give, and I cannot give anything contrary to that.

My rigidity may end up with me being alone in the end, but I'll be alone with my integrity, and that is a perfectly acceptable outcome for me.

On a side-note, yes, I'm aware of how J I sound.

love this. it sounds just like my bf... i love dating an INTJ. :thumbup:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
So basically the least faithful (ENTPs) are the ones who can get laid more easily, and the most faithful (INTPs) are the ones who struggle to get laid at all.

Like, eufuckingreka...:tongue:

Qre:us

Never cheated. Will never cheat.

I see cheating as a pussy move. And, I don't take kindly to being made to feel like a pussy/coward, especially from myself.

If I feel the inclination to cheat, my partner will know, and the relationship will end at that time as well. If I can't speak up, I'm a pussy. That shit don't fly.

Also, cheating is dangerous. I would never potentially put another's physical health at risk when they have trusted their health to be tied to mine.

I expect the same from my partner.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
So basically the least faithful (ENTPs) are the ones who can get laid more easily, and the most faithful (INTPs) are the ones who struggle to get laid at all.

Like, eufuckingreka...:tongue:

Entry number 98561 of lose-it-at-first-sign-they're-not-wubbed ENFP making idiotic, but marginally humorous, cheapshots at INTPs.

Refreshing!

Hi

Rationalist are suppose to be turned off with promisuity, so I thought I'd see who had been shagging around.

Hey I managed to include answers for I's to poll as well - kewl

Lis

To the extent I'm faithful in a relationship, I would attribute this to four factors:

• having to deal with one person is enough work; juggling more is just exhausting.
  • the possibly ensuing drama is annoying.
  • preference is to under-promise and over-deliver: refrain from making commitments in the first place and honor the few I do make.
  • I become disgusted with people who lack integrity and self-control. The last thing I'd want to do is lower myself to their level.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To the extent I'm faithful in a relationship, I would attribute this to four factors:

• having to deal with one person is enough work; juggling more is just exhausting
  • the possibly ensuing drama is annoying.
  • preference is to under-promise and over-deliver: refrain from making commitments in the first place and honor the few I do make.
  • I become disgusted with people who lack integrity and self-control. The last thing I'd want to do is lower myself to their level.
This. :)

+ It hurts your partner, of course, even it they never find out about it. It's like stealing from someone you're supposed to love. Why would you do that? If you don't love them, why are you with them?
It would be arrogant to say I could never, but I can't imagine anything could be more powerful than my aversion to something that I find so disgustingly cowardly.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm on the outs on a 14 year marriage, I had wondered if I would cheat if given the chance. Well, about 4 years in I was propositioned by a beautiful (slutty, obviously) Russian girl that I worked with. She made it clear there would be no strings attached. I told my wife about it so that I made sure I wouldn't take the bait.

I ended the marriage because it got to the point where I'm pretty sure I'd be unfaithful if the situation was right.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
do the votes show who voted what? :ninja:

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
If we haven't had the chance to be faithful/unfaithful, do we just pick what we think we would do?