• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and some career questions

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
1. INTP

2. Movie star

3. College composition teacher

4. B, I guess. As far as "real world" jobs, it's probably about as close as I'll get to total job satisfaction. I like teaching, I love the autonomy and the fact that at this point, I really only work a few days a week. I like teaching at this level, because I don't have to baby my students.

It's not enough to be truly fulfiling on its own, though. It's still my day job. I am beginning to think I will always have a "day job" and "the job I really wish I could do."

5. Actor/musician/voiceover artist. I have experience in all three fields, though not at the level to make anything happen.

6. Not sure how to break through to the next level. If I felt like doing everything I possibly could, working 24/7 to make it happen would get me where I want to be, I'd have no problem doing it. But these are all fields that EVERYONE wants to be in, and you can work your butt off and land jobs that still won't pay you. Often, you're almost paying them for the "experience" and privilege of doing it. I also suffer from a lack of confidence at times.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
1. What is your type? (ENTJ, ENTP, INTJ, INTP)
ENTP

2. What one thing, as a child, did you MOST want to do/see yourself doing for a living when you got older?
An author, something in computers, or marketing

3. What is your current occupation?
Computer Science major

4. How happy are you in that occupation?
B. I love what I do, but I really wish that I had more "laid back" moments. I sort of regret not taking creative writing further. I still love the CS work though, I still get to practice creativity and make some pretty badass stuff while I'm at it.

5. What one occupation/line of work do you currently wish you were in?
I want to be a professor

6. What are the roadblocks that are keeping you from your most highly desired occupation?
The level of education I'd need. I have confidence in my ability to complete a masters program, but I'm not so sure about getting a PhD.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ

2. What one thing, as a child, did you MOST want to do/see yourself doing for a living when you got older? Engineer

3. What is your current occupation? Military

4. How happy are you in that occupation? (let's assign grades for those who want to keep their answers short; A=VERY happy, B=fairly happy, C=ehh, it's a job, D=not a happy camper when I'm at work, F=completely fed up)
C, i'm not happy nor unhappy about it, but i don't picture myself doing it for long.

Something in Physic, chemistry or economics. Anything in those field will make me happy.

6. What are the roadblocks that are keeping you from your most highly desired occupation? (i.e., requires too much people interaction, don't want to spend 3 more years in school, would require too much time away from family, I'm just plain lazy and haven't done it yet, etc.) My current enlistment and the fact that i suck at Math at the moment. So i'm teaching myself math right now and when my enlistment is up, i'm heading to college.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9

ENTJ

2. What one thing, as a child, did you MOST want to do/see yourself doing for a living when you got older?

Lawyer, Politician, Stock broker, Officer in the military

2L - second year law student

4. How happy are you in that occupation? (let's assign grades for those who want to keep their answers short; A=VERY happy, B=fairly happy, C=ehh, it's a job, D=not a happy camper when I'm at work, F=completely fed up)

Student - A, Unemployed - F

Lawyer (working on it), Politician (working on it)

6. What are the roadblocks that are keeping you from your most highly desired occupation? (i.e., requires too much people interaction, don't want to spend 3 more years in school, would require too much time away from family, I'm just plain lazy and haven't done it yet, etc.)

Nothing but time can stand in my way.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
INTP

I think I wanted to design video games or something. I never really gave it much thought, however.

Student & part time at a service industry hellhole.

D-

I can't list one, but I guess it would be some sort of field scientist. I'm interested in too many things.

6. What are the roadblocks that are keeping you from your most highly desired occupation? (i.e., requires too much people interaction, don't want to spend 3 more years in school, would require too much time away from family, I'm just plain lazy and haven't done it yet, etc.)
Actually doing shit, and finding opportunities.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
INTP

I think I wanted to design video games or something. I never really gave it much thought, however.

Student & part time at a service industry hellhole.

D-

I can't list one, but I guess it would be some sort of field scientist. I'm interested in too many things.

Actually doing shit, and finding opportunities.

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. What is your type?
INTJ

From when I was very small, I wanted to be an astronaut. At age 11, I added film director to my ambitions. I didn't decide between these two very disparate things until it came time to choose a college.

I've held various film production jobs. For the last couple of jobs I've worked in visual effects.

B

I would like to use my film day job to help break in as a screenwriter or a comedy writer for television.

6. What are the roadblocks that are keeping you from your most highly desired occupation?
Lack of proper discipline and an extremely competitive marketplace.

joslynk

MBTI Type
INXJ
1. INTJ
2. Scientist
3. Student
4. B
5. Dream job would be in international development - save the world all by myself. OR film editing/directing
6. Experience

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
1. What is your type? (ENTJ, ENTP, INTJ, INTP) INTJ

2. What one thing, as a child, did you MOST want to do/see yourself doing for a living when you got older? Reporter, writer.

3. What is your current occupation? Health Information Technology

4. How happy are you in that occupation? (let's assign grades for those who want to keep their answers short; A=VERY happy, B=fairly happy, C=ehh, it's a job, D=not a happy camper when I'm at work, F=completely fed up) Between A and B.

5. What one occupation/line of work do you currently wish you were in? I still would like to write. Journalism.

6. What are the roadblocks that are keeping you from your most highly desired occupation? (i.e., requires too much people interaction, don't want to spend 3 more years in school, would require too much time away from family, I'm just plain lazy and haven't done it yet, etc.) Partially because jobs are now hard to find. I'd have to go back to school as well. I can always write as a hobby or in my free time but I don't have the desire to do all I would need to if I wanted a career in it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
1. What is your type? (ENTJ, ENTP, INTJ, INTP) Sometimes ENTP, sometimes ENTJ, but most probably spacepilot

2. What one thing, as a child, did you MOST want to do/see yourself doing for a living when you got older? astronaut, pilot, astronomer, politician, discoverer, anthropologist, geographer

3. What is your current occupation? student of mechanical engineering with focus on engine construction, automation and robotics / working for one year until the end of 2009 parttime as a consultant for Engineering related questions for the department of economical growth of my hometown / will start an internship as a trainee construction engineer for the company Bosch Rexroth at the beginning of 2010 and then either continue working there or work as a collegiate worker at University and pursue my Doctors graduation

4. How happy are you in that occupation? (let's assign grades for those who want to keep their answers short; A=VERY happy, B=fairly happy, C=ehh, it's a job, D=not a happy camper when I'm at work, F=completely fed up)B, I am happy with the field, but I need more action. Four years of unpaied learning theorethical crap is sucking my brains out and I finally want to get into a job now

5. What one occupation/line of work do you currently wish you were in?I will try advancing on several roads simultaenously. I will engage myself next year more into political work and rise in the ranks of my party a bit, to get to know more people. I will focus on a study object I can dedicate myself to for a couple of years to achieve my Doctors degree. I will continue repairs on a sterling engine I inherited from my grandpa and hopefully one day buy the rest of the airplane. Nevertheless I need to earn more money; relationship is getting serious and I dont want to be thirty years old before I start bulding that house for my girl and me. I will continue to help my Dad to run his company, which is due to the economic situation running badly atm and eventually we will sell some estate, cause the costs for it are eating the crap out of us and with my Dad being 50 years old already he deserves now to live a bit better than that.

6. What are the roadblocks that are keeping you from your most highly desired occupation? (i.e., requires too much people interaction, don't want to spend 3 more years in school, would require too much time away from family, I'm just plain lazy and haven't done it yet, etc.)I'ld like to fly an aircraft but I need money for flight school. For an astronaut I am too fat + my grades are slightly average. The other things can all really become true yet, have to see where the wind tells me to go. The most disturbing thing at the moment are exams I have to pass at University, I really dont like. By the end of this month I am prolly finished with most of them and only got 1 left to write next year. But the learning part and not being paied for it is definitly picking on my reserves.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, learning without being paid is awful. It gets worse when you actually have a side-job and you see that you get paid well for doing something that is often much easier than passing an exam.

Ionia

MBTI Type
INTP
INTP

Academic, either in mathematics or some science or another.

Actuary

A-. The job itself is usually a great deal of fun, I have a fair bit of autonomy to do things as I think best, the pay's pretty good, I don't have to deal with idiots, and my coworkers are pretty awesome. The only downside is occasionally having to deal with the corporate bureaucracy.

Happy where I am.

Nothing, I've already got it!

Also, since I'm new here, hi! :hi:

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

INTP.

Astronomer, archeologist or literary critic.

Linguist.

C.

Astronomer, archeologist or literary critic.

Lazy, and I am caught in a stupid system I cannot control.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
1. What is your type?

INTJ.

I wanted to be a (fiction) writer (I think).

I'm a research assistant to a professor in economics. It's my first full-time job.

I would say C, with regular bouts of both B and D.

Writer. :doh:

... My (INTJ) boss told me out of the blue one day a few months after I started working for him that I write very good emails. :rolleyes:

That's the question I'm asking myself these days! I'll let you know (in my blog) when I find out!

T

ThatGirl

1)ENTJ

2) I wanted to be a housewife, volcano stopper, storm chaser, ballet dancer, scientist who cured diseases, doctor, lawyer, nun, observer of human nature, dog, rich, and an FBI agent.

3) I run the front office section of a medical facility, am a full time student for math/science (hoping for med school) and mother.

4) A

5) Pathology......and still the FBI lol

6) I am not there yet, but I will be. Time is the only thing standing between myself and the actualization of my goals. Meaning in my mind they are already achieved, I just await the proof.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
ENTP

Fighter pilot, talk show host, engineer, writer, olympian, ufc fighter, doctor, priest, researcher, scientist,

student/programmer

A-B

my own head and nothing else.