• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] relationships xNTJ's with xNTP

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Don't ENTPs and INTJs end up mocking and exhausting the sincerity of the other?

AKA they both have the other's feeling as their 7th process, the deceiver.

This seems likely.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
On the other hand, when it's wielded with sincerity, they're oftentimes awed by the other's thinking.

*preen*

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that I have a hard time taking the NTP guys I know seriously as dating material. ENTPs are too all over the place and I have a tendency to take the lack of follow through personally. INTPs are very sweet and wonderful to spend time with, but Ive rarely felt attracted to one...We'll actually there was one, but the feelings weren't mutual unfortunately. I do enjoy NTPs as friends though.

I waffle a lot about whether I could date another ENTJ, but I think that since I'm really neurotic when it comes to control anyway having some struggle for dominance be the focal of a relationship would be fun at first but ultimately unhealthy. I couldnt imagine it working out with me and an INTJ.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think that I have a hard time taking the NTP guys I know seriously as dating material. ENTPs are too all over the place and I have a tendency to take the lack of follow through personally. INTPs are very sweet and wonderful to spend time with, but Ive rarely felt attracted to one...We'll actually there was one, but the feelings weren't mutual unfortunately. I do enjoy NTPs as friends though.

I waffle a lot about whether I could date another ENTJ, but I think that since I'm really neurotic when it comes to control anyway having some struggle for dominance be the focal of a relationship would be fun at first but ultimately unhealthy. I couldnt imagine it working out with me and an INTJ.

So what about NF's?

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Words they come and go.
Pretty is the equivalent of rather, or fairly.
The English teachers forbade it.
Such hussle.

I dated an INTJ.
I even married one.

My Dad was an INTJ.
I dated him, too.
On occasion.

FREUD FTW!!!11!!! :jew:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what about NF's?

Mixed bag. I think the most intense attractions I've ever had have been towards NFs (one ENFJ, an ENFP, and an INFJ who was also the most brilliant man I've ever met), but I think that it would be a stressful combination for me in the long-term just because I'm not very naturally emotionally aware. INFs have a really soothing quality that I very much like. Who knows though? I say all this totally aware that if I know what I like when I see it. The next poor bastard I get involved with could very well be an ISFJ, but if he's cool then whatev. :shrug:

ooops.. :) LOL - it was all that rulling out stuff... I gues there are always S types...

I so can't be bothered to go there

I wouldnt knock it till I tried it. I'm sure that detail oriented mentality is a trait that comes in handy in more ways than one winkwinknudgenudge.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I wouldnt knock it till I tried it. I'm sure that detail oriented mentality is a trait that comes in handy in more ways than one winkwinknudgenudge.

For a momen there I thought you had ruled almost everyone out, hence my confused post... :D

I like NF's generally, don't know many I types though - mainly ENFP's....

As for S types been there done that got a fair few t-shirts, I think they struggle to keep up with me, and I need someone who can hold their own.

Bon appitet for the future INFJ........

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For a momen there I thought you had ruled almost everyone out, hence my confused post... :D

Haha I'm not that big of a snob! I mean, it's much easier to think of these things in terms of concrete examples because I'll just extrapolate out abstractions to the long-run (and you know what they say about the long run :dont:)

I like NF's generally, don't know many I types though - mainly ENFP's....

To sound really fuckin Hallmark for a second, I think that even if my experiences with NFs werent entirely possible they definitely expanded my capacity to nurture others (not much of a hurtle there) and be nurtured. I'm not saying that it wouldnt be possible to grow in that way from relationships with other types, I just believe that the NF/NT dynamic is such that it can be a real catalyst.

As for S types been there done that got a fair few t-shirts, I think they struggle to keep up with me, and I need someone who can hold their own.

Bon appitet for the future INFJ........

Hmm. I've had similar experiences, not necessarily in a romantic sense though. Most of the important men in my life (male relatives im close with, my best friend of 12 years and a lot of my other male friends) are STJs. The grounded and matter of factness to those guys is a definite pull to me even if they are all a bunch of stubborn, narrow minded, jack asses that seem to have been placed on this earth for the sole purpose of driving me insane with corny jokes and their love of arbitrary rules. :D

SecantSquared

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I guess he was lonely.
My mother was in Paris.
He used to call. It was about a movie, or four shots in a pub.

My English tutor said Dad is capitalized.
He was a scholarship graduate, from King's.
The best of his school.

you used it correctly here. when there is a word like 'my' before, 'dad' is not capitalized.

Don't ENTPs and INTJs end up mocking and exhausting the sincerity of the other?

AKA they both have the other's feeling as their 7th process, the deceiver.

yes. that's pretty much it, except that we also appreciate the rarity of our sincerity, and therefore appreciate it that much more.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"Tonite he will be dead"

"Heute Nacht wird er Vater" :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You think ? I hate periods, then the girls are so touchy that there is no place no more for my ego !

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You think ? I hate periods, then the girls are so touchy that there is no place no more for my ego !

Not to be crass, but that technically should minimize insertion issues. That is, assuming your ego was just larger than normal and not obscenely disproportional.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
^^

yea normal ... I keep dreaming of that -.-