• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs, how often do you cry, [if ever] and why?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol, artistically, you have talent knot, you should have looked for an overshot of the coffee bar in cheers! :D Go forth my evil little Putin gnomes!

The problem with the taser is that it has those wires that lead directly back to you, I guess you could get an accomplice and have them hand the gun to an old lady and run off while you watch the chaos from the edge of your seat...
Coffee has been done heaps before though really, it's not original anymore... though it is effective and you're probably going to drink it anyway

I am much too lazy to make it artistically beautiful. It would take a very long time.

GO PUTIN!

I will so drink it. It powers my insanity. And that is my job, as an ENTP. I just instigate the chaos. I am not always a part of it.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am much too lazy to make it artistically beautiful. It would take a very long time.

GO PUTIN!

I will so drink it. It powers my insanity. And that is my job, as an ENTP. I just instigate the chaos. I am not always a part of it.

It's way easier to do it like that, as Marge Simpson's wise uncle said once upon a time: "Shoot them all and let god sort them out". Although, now that I think about it, that's not right, you only need to shoot one, and then everyone else would go nuts

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's way easier to do it like that, as Marge Simpson's wise uncle said once upon a time: "Shoot them all and let god sort them out". Although, now that I think about it, that's not right, you only need to shoot one, and then everyone else would go nuts

I want to do that sometime. Sounds just as good as drinking the coffee :devil:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to do that sometime. Sounds just as good as drinking the coffee :devil:

Like paintballing in the streets, except nobody strikes back... the police would though, good luck taking them down

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like paintballing in the streets, except nobody strikes back... the police would though, good luck taking them down

Pshk, I will just charm my way out of it :D

I bet I could convince them to join in on the fun! I will get them on my side, work up to higher forms of power, and rule the world!

MUAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAAA

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
The perception of innocence, and the recognition of the permanent loss thereof, will always get me.

That being said, it's really hard for me to recognize something as being purely innocent.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pshk, I will just charm my way out of it :D

I bet I could convince them to join in on the fun! I will get them on my side, work up to higher forms of power, and rule the world!

MUAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAAA

All police are ISFPs, and all ISFPs LOVE chocolate, if anything goes wrong, you'll just have to pull out some Cadbury and a few skateboards to seduce some of the Se out of them.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All police are ISFPs, and all ISFPs LOVE chocolate, if anything goes wrong, you'll just have to pull out some Cadbury and a few skateboards to seduce some of the Se out of them.

Like this?

skateboards.jpg

chocolates-4.jpg

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had one of my most beloved and long term ENTP male friends cry on me once. It was horrible. I had never wanted to make pain stop so bad in my life. It's hard to watch strangers cry and hurt, but someone you love that much cracking into little pieces right before your eyes... it was like he'd held onto it and held onto it until he got to my house and then just splintered. It went beyond physical safety or just soothing emotional turmoil - it went right into my bones, and I would have reached right into him and ripped that terrible black spot out had I had the power to do it. I'm one of his "safe" people and I see that as a honor.

I had another male ENTP friend call me up very late one night losing his mind and almost to the point of tears (again, a very alarming and unusual thing) - I could hear it happening, but he was too far away. Sometimes you just need to let it all hang out, and vent it until the pain is gone/reduced to the point of tolerance. A little understanding/"You're not crazy" goes a long way.

ENTPs in general are the types to come apart, so when they do, it's not lost on me.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
1. I'm trying to figure out how much it would take for you all to be reduced to tears. Unrequited love? A death?
Existential crisis'.

2. Would you say you feel more sadness/sorrow over personal or global issues?
Personal.

3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are in comprehending sadness? [10 being the most sensitive] 6.

4. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are in responding to sadness? [10 being the most sensitive]. 6.
I'm a squishy rock and always end up getting into situations where someone needs steady arms to hold them.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Always hated the division of gender, but admittedly, on this situation it makes sense due to the traditional restrictions. Personally, I'm willing to bet that ENTP's, due to personality type, are less likely to fall under the standard taboos, and will likely just act as they want to regardless, as being told to do otherwise is more a challange or insult than anything.

For me personally though...

Female

1. I'm trying to figure out how much it would take for you all to be reduced to tears. Unrequited love? A death?

Death oddly enough will not have nearly the same reaction for me as most people. I consider mourning to actually be insulting to the deceased; it's exceedingly rare to ever be sad that they're dead BECAUSE THEY'RE DEAD. It's generally because the mourner is upset that the individual no longer is around to benefit the mourner any longer. I will break into tears when I truly feel something bad has happened to someone who didn't deserve it, and this MAY overlap with death at times, but for example... my great grandmother died from alzhimers... by the end she was just in constant pain, had no clue about her surroundings, and honestly, I don't think yeu could truly classify her as human anymore due to the total lack of comprehension and thought. At this point, she was no more than an animal suffering endless pain needlessly... I was happy that she died, because she didn't deserve to suffer in pain any longer, death was a welcome escape from a torture that would last the rest of her life at that point.

On the love part, sometimes, if something touching is said, that doesn't hold restrictions and shows pure caring and understanding, then it can elicit tears of joy, but just a simple "I love yeu" is not going to cause this in the slightest. Something that touches the very core is required, and these moments are incredably rare unfortunately.

2. Would you say you feel more sadness/sorrow over personal or global issues?

I don't feel sad over global issues. Period. I get spiteful over commercials that show starving kids in africa. FFS we have more than enough where I live as it is without worrying about the rest of the world too >.< EVERY SINGLE DAY tens of thousands of people die. Yeu heard me. TENS OF THOUSANDS. As in the world trade center 10 times over. EVERY. DAY. If we increase the death toll of the world for ONE day by 10%, does it really matter? Not really. I didn't know anyone who died. It doesn't directly affect me. I don't have any desire to know them either. I have a very hard time detaching myself from pain when I do experience it, if I had to endure each and every single person's death on a personal level every single day, I'd be broken beyond repair and left a shadow of my former self. I can't let that happen, and empathizing with the masses of horrible things done every day is something that I just couldn't survive doing. As such, I intentionally leave them as statistics. There's no way to truly comprehend them, and anyone attempting to do so is doing it for their personal gain. Telling me I'm a heartless ...I have no idea if cursing's allowed on the board, well anyway, yeu know whot I was going to say. The point is, insulting me directly by questioning my integrity does NOT make me sympathetic to yeur cause... like people playing the race or gender cards, if yeu call me a racist, I'm most assuredly not, and the fact that yeu tried to pull that crap on me when I was trying to help yeu just means yeu dug yeurself into a hole yeu can no longer escape. I judge people based on their individual actions, they have a chance to show themselves to be nice or not, if I try to go out of my way to help yeu, and yeu take the opportunity to directly insult my integrity for doing so, then yeu have just shown yeurself unworthy of my help and I will go out of my way to make sure yeu realize the mistake and don't pull that crap again. Anyways, on a global scale, no, I don't really empathize well with it, for reasons that I couldn't physically handle it.

On a personal scale... I try to, but in some ways it escapes me. If someone says something that I can't comprehend, then it's beyond me. I don't fake sincerity well, I hold my honesty in high regard... and don't intend to break it. If I can't understand the situation, I'll state so. If it's something that even directly affects me, sometimes I can't even truly grasp the concept of it, and may still be emotionally dead to it. I work by understanding things, if I can't understand it, then I don't know how to deal with it.

If someone I care for gets gravely injured though, or something of a personal tragedy that I can understand, then yes it can hit me far harder than most people, because when it does affect me, it does so to great extent.

3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are in comprehending sadness? [10 being the most sensitive]

I'd say 2 to 7 XD It depends on the situation. Some situations I can understand very readily... others will leave me confused and without any real way to correlate. It's dependant on the situation, but generally I'm not uncaring, I *TRY* to understand, I just can't always succeed. Often, even in the worst of tragedies, if I can't understand it on an emotional level, I'll attempt to understand it on a logical level, and give my interpretation from that point of view. Oddly enough, I've often found that when everyone else sympathizes and cries along with someone, often I'm the one person who actually HELPS by explaining things from a more pragmatic point of view. Sometimes people hate me for it, but far more often I find myself the lone voice of reason. This's worked well in the past in calming people down, even from the brink of suicide, though I've always abhored being trapped in that situation as if they take my position the wrong way it can go very very wrong... fortunately that hasn't happened yet. But still. The point is that emotionally, I often find myself being unable to truly grasp a situation on the emotional level, even when it directly involves me. Usually I'm stuck having to talk to someone else about the matter and rely on their guidance to try to get me to understand the idea, since self reflection rarely gets me anywheres. I learn primarily by explaining to other people... most of my epiphanies aren't in the bathtub, they're when trying to teach someone else. Same goes for emotional responses, but I tend to be more reserved in my emotions due to a hatred of seeing other people act purely on emotion and doing horribly stupid things. Take any generic soap opera drama for example... someone hears half a conversation, takes something innocent entirely out of context, blows it out of proportion, then starts a veritible war over it. That just pisses me off to no end to see people acting like that, and I REFUSE to fall for the same trap. At the same time... this often means that if I'm not 100% certain on something, I tend to stay quiet. Very often I misunderstand innuendo, or implied concepts... if someone's being overly friendly, it's exceedingly rare I fully realize that they're flirting in their own indirect way. This's led to a great many situations of awkward confusion. In any case, this also means that because I don't express myself emotionally in alot of cases due to high risk of confusion, it therefore leads to the fact that, since I learn quickest by expression to others, that I'm not expressing myself, and therefore don't learn either. In general it just means I'm stuck not really knowing whot's going on. I have someone more or less tutoring me on it right now, but it's a long, slow process, and even with someone who's exceedingly adept at handling me with great patience, they still can get highly frustrated at times when I just seem completely unable to grasp whot SHOULD be a realtively simple concept. Such seems to be the way of the ENTP from my experience... understand the most complex of ideas, unravel the mysteries of the universe... and get stuck on something so awkwardly easy that 'any idiot can do it', and yet it seems beyond us.

4. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are in responding to sadness? [10 being the most sensitive]

Had to doublecheck this to make sure I read it right XD

In response to sadness, rather than comprehension... it depends. If someone ELSE is sad, and I can understand why, then I'm very sympathetic. If I can't understand where they're comming from, then I'm very logical about the approach instead.

When it's myself personally who's sad though, it can lead to great frustration... I get quite depressed at times, but the worst times are the times I actually understand WHY. It bothers me to no end, and just makes matters worse, when I know for a fact that there's no reason to be that upset over something, and I can even reason it out in my mind and know very well that it's not a big deal, yet still can't stop crying or feeling horrible. The lack of comprehension doesn't work too well either, since I'll be trying to understand why, and if I don't have anyone around to help, it's pretty much a hopeless endeavor, which I'm doomed to fail. I may eventually feel frustration at being incapable of figuring out why it hurts so much, and that can make matters worse once again.

Kind of funny how that works... in terms of the 1-10 scale though, I'm not sure how I could rate myself. I guess I'd say fairly sensitive in all ways, since I do try to help at all times, and hate seeing people upset or hurting, but the method by which I attempt to lend aid may not always be percieved as such, despite its' intent. Usually people understand it's the only way I know how to help when I don't understand the problem, but yeah... I guess I'll say 7 or 8. I do try and AM sympathetic, as much as is literally possible for me at the time. However, the main spots I knock myself down on that meter, is for the times in which I take offense to people trying to take advantage of my sympathetic side. I seriously do not handle people abusing my emotions well, they're already difficult enough to manage as it is, I don't need the help of someone trying to guilt trip me for whotever reason. Guilt tripping is about the worst thing yeu could pull on me as it's just going to get me very angry and cause me to go on the offensive rather than the typical result. Any guilt I may've felt previously is immediately gone as soon as someone attempts to guilt trip me. As such, I can't claim a 10, because the situations yeu'd expect one to be most responsive, I'm generally at my least.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't feel sad over global issues. Period. I get spiteful over commercials that show starving kids in africa.

The way I view it: if they have enough money to shoot and air these commercials, why the hell are they not helping these kids?

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
Big things usually do not make me cry. I have been told that I am supposed to in order to show that I had been affected by it. Irritating. I even had a period (teenager) of time where I thought something was wrong with me because everyone around me would be crying or outwardly emotional and I just kind of sat there. It irritates me now because people will use (manipulate) my lack of showing them emotion for various things, or just heap more of their neediness on me because they think I am not as affected as them.

That Sarah McClachlan (sp?) commercial for abused animals always gets me though.

And when I see something or a situation as hopeless or I am extremely angry, I will start to get tears.

Sometimes I will get teary when I think of making my Dad proud too.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
The way I view it: if they have enough money to shoot and air these commercials, why the hell are they not helping these kids?

Thought the same thing, I remember looking it up a long time ago and something like only 10cents on the dollar donated actually went to the kids. The rest to the organization for whatever.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?

Mmm ever notice how the commercials themselves are cheap as hell in terms of production value? They cost nothing to air because the airing company gets a tax break for it instead of the commercial paying for itself. It's a 'public service' of sorts... supposedly...

Some of these are also as tewt said here

Thought the same thing, I remember looking it up a long time ago and something like only 10cents on the dollar donated actually went to the kids. The rest to the organization for whatever.

Not all of these are the case, SOME are, some aren't. There's also the fact that trying to send even ONE worker over there to aid them costs a ridiculous amount of money to do. Between the paperwork, multiple governments that need to be involved, travel costs and so on, it costs far more to send one person over to show them how to make a well or water pump, than it does to just give everyone twice the money. The money's useless if they can't spend it on anything of value; being able to teach multiple villiages how to be self supporting is generally far more useful in the long run and more economically sound. Otherwise yeu're just throwing money at the problem, they use the money to buy water from another villiage, and inflation quickly increases as the other villiage learns they can charge for it, until poof, yeu're broke again, and the cost of water is now tripple whot it was a month ago.

There are some of these which are actually embezzling funds as well, and are little more than a tax break for some wealthy person who refuses to pay their taxes. If they divert their funds to a company that's a 'humanitarian effort', if they spend 20% of the funds they poured into it on humanitarian aide, but spend the other 80% of themselves, they still don't get taxed on it, which can explain several other issues with this.

All things considered, it's annoying as hell regardless to be playing roulette with yeur dollar, and someone trying to guilt trip yeu over "well yeu SHOULD be giving yeur money to me, look at this poor starving kid right next to me! I mean sure, I look like I'm 300lbs and am eating a STICK OF BUTTER DIPPED IN SUGAR right next to them! But that's okei, because I need YEU to gimme all YEUR money, because I'll be damned if I do it myself. I'm only a multibillionaire, I can't afford to give this little brat the $20 he needs to buy a house, farm, and live comfortably for the rest of his life, how dare yeu expect such foolishness of me! Guilt trip! Guilt trip! Pay it yeurselves yeu couch potatoes! I need my millions!"

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You have a dollar spare for a starving student ?

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You may have noticed that I post a lot less recently. A lot of this is because I have calmed down somewhat. I seem to post less when I am less manic. Much of this calmness is the result of letting things happen to me. Letting myself feel the bad feelings as well as the usual good feelings I have always chased. I make it a little game. Like, "Oh, that was an unpleasant thought. Where does it come from? Why does it hurt like that?"

This sounds healthy but not nearly as much fun. I miss all of those entertaining exchanges you got into with Jenocyde and Edgar. Now I sort of regret having complained about your post being crude once. :(

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
About once a year when all of my pet projects are doing poorly and I feel incompetent.

Feeling incompetent is the scariest thing in the world.