• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs, how often do you cry, [if ever] and why?

HaHa

MBTI Type
ENTP
Also, please state if you are a male or female.

1. I'm trying to figure out how much it would take for you all to be reduced to tears. Unrequited love? A death?

2. Would you say you feel more sadness/sorrow over personal or global issues?

3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are in comprehending sadness? [10 being the most sensitive]

4. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are in responding to sadness? [10 being the most sensitive]

You're a generally optimistic bunch of people, so please, do tell.
1) It takes extreme stress to make me cry. I've never cried because of happiness. Something along the lines of a meaningful death. Although even then, I may just clam up or ask seemingly cold questions about the circumstances. I don't handle emotions very well.

2) Sadness over personal issues, anger over global issues.

3) 2.

4) 1.5

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Sometimes I cry if I see the kitten on TV for this PSA and they play "What becomes of the broken hearted".

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Female.

I don't cry very often. I cried when my favorite pet, a lizard, died. Before that, I hadn't cried for a very long time. I just get very detached and quiet when I am hurt, or I have the same happiness on the outside, but I think people feel the emptiness behind my eyes if in public. My INFJ friend was good at reading that.

I have come very close on a couple occasions to crying during orchestra practice, because the music was so amazing and moving.

After not having cried in so long, I actually asked some people I know to verbally tear me apart, and hurt my confidence and make me cry. It didn't work. I ended up laughing because I am fairly confident and recognize my flaws.

I am much more likely to cry over something personal. I am pretty sure I could not cry over global issues. I never feel sad over global issues. They will always be there and have always been there. Personal issues, it really depends. Someone who matters to me dying would do it. Very few people matter that much.

Comprehending sadness: 7. It depends on the reason. I understand it all pretty well, I just can't deal with it too well.

Responding to sadness: 2. I find difficulty responding.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yea, crieing is a gift. I believe in that

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wish I could do it more. I don't want people I am close to falling dead all over the place in order for it to happen, or being a complete failure.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I wish I could do it more. I don't want people I am close to falling dead all over the place in order for it to happen, or being a complete failure.

Just slow down, feel, breathe heavy, and let go. It is cleansing and relieves tension.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just slow down, feel, breathe heavy, and let go. It is cleansing and relieves tension.

I don't know what I would cry over. To have that much emotion over something. I want to cry, but then I don't. I will feel a loss of control if I cry. But then, if it were controlled crying, I suppose that wouldn't be a problem.

But then, I may only be telling myself it is controlled so as not to get annoyed at myself for crying.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know what I would cry over. To have that much emotion over something. I want to cry, but then I don't. I will feel a loss of control if I cry. But then, if it were controlled crying, I suppose that wouldn't be a problem.

But then, I may only be telling myself it is controlled so as not to get annoyed at myself for crying.

To fear losing control is to be out of control of this very need for control. Control is not something you possess. To desire or believe otherwise is to be blind to reality.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To fear losing control is to be out of control of this very need for control. Control is not something you possess. To desire or believe otherwise is to be blind to reality.

I can't argue with that. Maybe I can cry and not have the thought of lacking control hold me back. Well, emotional control.

It is so hard not to be emotionally controlled though. A lot of times I do not feel the need for control, I just don't have the need to cry, but sometimes when I feel like it, I am reminded of why I shouldn't. Some cases, I would feel really dumb crying, such as over a guy who didn't care about me or what have you.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I can't argue with that. Maybe I can cry and not have the thought of lacking control hold me back. Well, emotional control.

It is so hard not to be emotionally controlled though. A lot of times I do not feel the need for control, I just don't have the need to cry, but sometimes when I feel like it, I am reminded of why I shouldn't. Some cases, I would feel really dumb crying, such as over a guy who didn't care about me or what have you.

You should just do what you feel. Not try to make yourself cry. The problem for ENTP's is that they have trouble accessing their feelings sometimes. A lot of this is a flight from bad feelings.

If someone you cared about hurt you by not caring, that would be a logical reason to feel hurt. And, if you feel hurt, there is no shame in crying. Crying is not shameful. It is just a physical acknowledgement of the hurt you feel. Even if you "controlled" your expression of feeling you would not control the feelings themselves and they would sit inside you like worms if you suppressed them, waiting to come out later.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
If I feel weepy, I snap out of it very quickly once I am aware of feeling that way. Because awareness means analysis. This is something I have no control over.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You should just do what you feel. Not try to make yourself cry. The problem for ENTP's is that they have trouble accessing their feelings sometimes. A lot of this is a flight from bad feelings.

If someone you cared about hurt you by not caring, that would be a logical reason to feel hurt. And, if you feel hurt, there is no shame in crying. Crying is not shameful. It is just a physical acknowledgement of the hurt you feel. Even if you "controlled" your expression of feeling you would not control the feelings themselves and they would sit inside you like worms if you suppressed them, waiting to come out later.

It is nice to have this presented logically to me. I have found out by now I cannot make myself cry. It doesn't work.

But once I realize what is going on, and analyze it, I stop the need to cry. It isn't always intentional.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
If I feel weepy, I snap out of it very quickly once I am aware of feeling that way. Because awareness means analysis. This is something I have no control over.

I do the same thing. So, I just try to slow my thinking and let things sit. I have found for myself that I leap to analysis because this is the mode I am most comfortable in. But, by sitting with my feelings and watching as they pass by and trying to feel them, it has been most helpful. Scary at first, but then calming.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Of course heavy drinking is always an option too. But then again after too much heavy drinking real vikings can have a weak moment aswell

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
It is nice to have this presented logically to me. I have found out by now I cannot make myself cry. It doesn't work.

But once I realize what is going on, and analyze it, I stop the need to cry. It isn't always intentional.

I could be wrong, of course. But, I think bad feelings are just hidden. Not resolved. So, I think what happens is we suppress the bad feelings until they overwhelm our normal analyzing mode. This is why I think it is not uncommon for NT's to totally lose their shit when heavy emotional things go down. It may not be immediate, either. But, eventually things demand your attention and will bring you to your knees.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Of course heavy drinking is always an option too. But then again after too much heavy drinking real vikings can have a weak moment aswell

Drinking is just another way to lose or weaken control.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yaya, I wont disturb your little thing here, go on

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't drink, so that is out of the question for me.

I could be wrong, of course. But, I think bad feelings are just hidden. Not resolved. So, I think what happens is we suppress the bad feelings until they overwhelm our normal analyzing mode. This is why I think it is not uncommon for NT's to totally lose their shit when heavy emotional things go down. It may not be immediate, either. But, eventually things demand your attention and will bring you to your knees.

So, in short, it is what people call 'bottling up', even if it is completely unintentional.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I understand that logically, but I don't feel "bottled up". I just release tensions in a different way. Tennis, running, writing, whatever... I would like to be able to ride a feeling though. Next time I feel the urge, I'll try what you suggested Syn.