• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Legend of Zelda

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
i'm playing all of them through to the end right now. they're great games [except the second one; the adventure of link, and that windwaker nonsense] and it's about time i went and did them all at once.

the following games will be excluded:

• the adventure of link
  • majora's mask - it was fuckin' stupid
  • four swords [both] 'cause i don't have enough people
  • windwaker - the preview was unimaginably lame and i dont like the graphics. boycott.

this leaves:

• the legend of zelda
  • a link to the past
  • link's awakening
  • ocarina of time
  • oracle of seasons - i haven't played the oracle games yet so it'll be fresh
  • oracle of ages
  • the minish cap
  • twilight princess
  • phantom hourglass

i urge the rest of you to play at least one or two of them with me.

daily progress reports will be provided
and discussion of games or... i dunno philosophy [if you can find it and/or make it up, but make it sound good] or any other shit relevant to Zelda you wanna talk about is encouraged.

i'm probably only going to play 2 - 4 at a time.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
progress: end of day 1

a link to the past:
- 7 heart containers
- first and second pendants won, third in progress
- boots
- flippers
- items: bow, level 2 [red] boomerang, bombs, lantern, hammer, net, green book, 3 bottles
- 0 deaths

ocarina of time:
- 4 heart containers
- deku tree complete; all gold skulltulas

twilight princess:
- file created

the legend of zelda, link's awakening, oracle of seasons, oracle of ages, the minish cap:
- not started

Last edited:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Fantastic choice, Nocap.

One of my favorite RPG series. Looking forward to more of your insights.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I never actually finished Twilight Princess. I think I'll play that one. I also got the re-release of the original Legend of Zelda for GBA on one of my birthdays, but never got around to playing it. Should play that one, too.

Good idea. The Legend of Zelda is awesome. :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I approve of this endeavor. If I had the time nowadays to join you, I most certainly would.

(Although I gave away my DS before I had a chance to finish Minish Cap. :doh:)

If you can get past the graphics, Windwaker is actually pretty good. The only thing I really hated about it was the time spent sailing around. The plot twist near the end was really cool though, and surprisingly dark considering the cartoony and bright graphics.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
i'm just too stubborn to give WW a chance. i don't often disapprove of anything Nintendo does, but that was a fucking mistake, and i don't want to be a part of it.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have Ocarina of Time. Never finished it. Always got stuck at the part with the giant spider and it's man-eating offspring.
I did, however, manage to finish Super Mario 64. :jew:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I liked Twilight Princess better when it was called Ocarina of Time.

But I agree with and admire your overall goal.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If you can get past the graphics, Windwaker is actually pretty good. The only thing I really hated about it was the time spent sailing around. The plot twist near the end was really cool though, and surprisingly dark considering the cartoony and bright graphics.

I totally agree, too. The graphics were terrible, but the story was good.

I can still see that King shouting, "Ah, but child... That land will not be Hyrule. It will be YOUR land!" Something very powerful/significant in that message, can't quite explain it.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
So I'm the only one who liked WW's graphics?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
So I'm the only one who liked WW's graphics?

I liked it a lot, good style, the combat system was great, and I actually liked the sailing. I loved counter-attacks.

I thought it was cool. Just would have preferred a more classic look, like the initial CGI trailer they had for it.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually Costrin, no. Once I got over the "this isn't adult Zelda", I appreciated the facial expressions and details the cell shading afforded. The fire/volcano dungeon in particular was quite brilliant.

I can still see that King shouting, "Ah, but child... That land will not be Hyrule. It will be YOUR land!" Something very powerful/significant in that message, can't quite explain it.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that game to go for an emotional punch like that. Perhaps because the rest of the game was so cutesy. The music helped. (CAUTION: Potential spoiler in the music track name.)

However, you do have to go through a bunch of crap to get to the good stuff.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Why the hate on Majora's Mask? It has its damn fun parts, but its extremely short.
4 super dungeons, and a boss fight.

However, rolling around as a goron or going badass as a zora were kickass.

And I never played Wind Waker, so no opinion there. Normally graphics don't matter to me, but I thought it was just blaspheming to the series to do that to Link. I'm sure that game was also fun, and probably innovative, but I just couldn't bring myself to give it the time of day.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
majoras mask was just so dumb.
imagine if the next Mario party [Mario party 32, i believe] was only minigames. sure the games are kind of cool, but it would still be retarded. those minigames get boring as he'll after like two times each.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I liked Twilight Princess better when it was called Ocarina of Time.

But I agree with and admire your overall goal.

:rofl1:

Yeah, Nintendo isn't always great at introducing variety in plot.

It's bizarre that Mario has been unable to resuce the Princess for almost 25 years, now. He should probably consider outsourcing help.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
:rofl1:

It's bizarre that Mario has been unable to resuce the Princess for almost 25 years, now. He should probably consider outsourcing help.

:laugh:

I can see the craigslist add now:

Plumber LF trained counter-terror professional to rescue princess. Health insurance required.

I'm surprised he hadn't thought of it before!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
why does no one complain about this in other games?
every one of the games in the call of duty series is identical.
same with any of those gun games. the story changes, sure, but everyone skips over the breifing so you never notice.
and it's not as if the fighting really has much relevance to the story anyway...

that's because it's all about the action/strategy.
everyone should know this about video games by now.

read a book for a story people.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Which in-game elements do you generally enjoy the most, Nocap?

Used to be a huge Graphics fan. I even bought a Sega CD, and everything . . .!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
i don't know man. i'm not really much of a game player.
never cared much about graphics actually. WW is a fluke.
strategy/problem-solving/other cliché ENTP things are usually what i play them for.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
progress: end of day 2

link to the past:
- master sword acquired
- collected first crystal
- 10 heart containers
- items: bow, level 2 [red] boomerang, bombs, magic dust, lantern, hammer, net, green book, 3 bottles, mirror
- 0 deaths

i'm really plowing through this one -- i only managed to play about a half an hour.

i didn't touch any of the other games yesterday so no progress on those.

bolded items are new

Last edited: