• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Legend of Zelda

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Holy crap I love A Link to the Past

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
progress: break of day 3

i decided i should list the items in my inventory too 'cause that's important shit. i bolded the items i got this time, and i'm gonna update the other two reports

link to the past:
- 11 heart containers
- bombos and quake
- items: bow, level 2 [red] boomerang, bombs, magic dust, bombos, quake, lantern, hammer, shovel, net, green book, 3 bottles, mirror
- 1/2 scale magic meter
- 35 arrows [increase from 30 at pond of happiness]
- 0 deaths

Last edited:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
The first Legend of Zelda is one of my favorite games of all time. I like to think it was the reason that the arcade died. You can't play a game like that in the arcade.

I love the whole Zelda series, but I never owned an N64, so I never played Majora's Mask or Ocarina.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm with Liquid. The first Zelda game was one of the most addicting games I've ever played. I remember creating my own underworld maps for the game, a sort of expanded universe-type deal. But, like the Sonic games, Zelda lost its appeal when they started becoming 3D. (And Zelda 2 sucked, as well.)

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So I'm the only one who liked WW's graphics?

I enjoyed WW graphics too, and it was a fun game!

I played Phantom Hourglass last year, and it was extremely easy, so i'm not interested in playing it again, but i'd like to hook up the 64 and play some Link to the past.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
progress: end of day 3

link to the past:
- 12 heart containers
- 2 crystals
- items: bow, level 2 [red] boomerang, hookshot, bombs, magic dust, bombos, quake, lantern, hammer, net, green book, 3 bottles, mirror
- 0 deaths

again, i only played link to the past. i almost did some ocarina of time, but... i didn't.

Last edited:

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Note: You can obtain the Cloak of Invisibility as soon as beating the third dungeon in the Dark World of LttP.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah i forget where it is but that's a good reminder. i probably wouldn't have even looked for it if you didn't mention that.
don't tell me. i'm gonna find it on my own.
i'm pretty sure it's in that ice palace down near the fifth dungeon. but i don't really remember.
also you don't even have to wait to finish the dungeon -- just as soon as you acquire the fire rod you can melt the ice.

also, i'm gonna do the fourth dungeon before doing the third.
i'll explain why after i've done it, but it's not as simple as "just tryin' ta mix it up" even though that's part of it.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
i already played it all the way through. i hated it.
i ain't missing shit.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
progresss: end of day 4

link to the past:
- 13 heart containers
- Titan's mitt acquired
- sword upgrade: tempered - level 3
- crystals: 1, 2, 4
- fire rod acquired
- items: bow, level 2 [red] boomerang, hookshot, bombs, magic dust, lantern, hammer, bombos, quake, net, green book, 3 bottles, mirror, fire rod, cloak of invisibility, fourth and final bottle

pretty big events in the last hour.
i'll probably be able to finish the entire thing before i go to the movies tonight.

Picture6.png

as you can see, by the panel on the right, the three lit crystals, which ordinarily light up clockwise, are not in order. this is because i still haven't finished the third dungeon. i just went in after beating the fourth and getting the cloak when i decided to take a break and eat. after a while, [and still having taken no break] i had gathered the fire rod using no keys, and headed straight for the boss. haven't gotten there yet.
i collected one key though, and am about to use it to open door number one, thereby shaving a very large part of what would otherwise be a very convoluted [literally -- i remember this part of the game and hate the under-bridge maze] leg of the dungeon off my itinerary.

anyway, the point of posting the picture is to display that you can indeed get the cloak of invisibility before finishing the third dungeon. you can get it before finishing the fourth too, but i didn't.
as it turns out, what's necessary is to.

my reasoning behind finishing the fourth dungeon sooner than the third other than to prove that it can be done, and that i don't like doing it how i'm sposta, is that the third dungeon is, has been and always will be a pain in the ass for me. if you can get the fourth one finished, you get Titan's mitt, which, through a series of subsequent events involving world-shifting, opens the doorway for acquisition of the Tempered sword.
that sword makes tough bosses and monsters real easy. it's twice as powerful as the Master Sword, being that is has been engineered on top of the god-willed sage's enchantment.

Last edited:

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I actually started LttP yesterday. Got the three medallions so far. Every so often I get the urge to play old SNES RPG's like Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana and Link to the Past.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
progress: end of day 5

Link to the Past
- 20 heart containers [all]
- 7 crystals [all]
- level 4 sword [fairy upgrade]
- mirror shield
- blue and red tunic [two upgrades in one day]
- items: i have all of them now.
silver arrows, level two [red] boomerang, hookshot, bombs, magic dust, fire rod, ice rod, bombos, ether, quake, lantern, hammer, flute, net, book of mudora, all 4 bottles, canes of somaria and byrna, cloak of invisibility, magic mirror

that is to say, i have everything.
finii.jpg

i finished the game.

i'll be working on the others now. i'm not sure if i'll do them in succession or parallel.

Last edited:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
progress: day 1

link's awakening:
- 3 hearts containers
items:
- sword and shield
- mushroom --> powder

i didn't play long.

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Huh? Wind Waker is fantastic!

Well, except for the prolonged search for pieces of the triforce near the end, but otherwise it is one of my favourite in the series. And the art style is great, in my opinion. From the wisps of smoke and swooshes of wind to the movement and lighting, it's a comprehensive package crafted with the greatest care.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
reason, i don't even give real life that much credit.
you sure you're not sensationalizing?

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
reason, i don't even give real life that much credit.
you sure you're not sensationalizing?
If real life deserved that much credit, I wouldn't have bothered playing Wind Waker.

Goatman455

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
"and that windwaker nonsense"

Are you kidding, Windwaker was awesome. If you can't get past the graphical style you are being closed minded, give it a chance, once you get into it, it's great.

In the years that come Windwaker will age gracefully, more than Twilight Princess.

BTW, Windwaker was highly touted in Japanese Famitsu magazine getting a perfect 40/40.

wiki:

Only eleven games so far have received perfect scores. They are listed in chronological order:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998, Nintendo, for Nintendo 64)
2. Soulcalibur (1999, Namco, for Dreamcast)
3. Vagrant Story (2000, Square Co., Ltd., for PlayStation)
4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003, Nintendo for Nintendo GameCube)
5. Nintendogs (2005, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)
6. Final Fantasy XII (2006, Square Enix, for PlayStation 2)
7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008, Nintendo, for Wii)
8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008, Konami, for PlayStation 3)
9. 428: Fūsasareta Shibuya de (2008, Sega, for Wii)
10. Dragon Quest IX (2009, Square Enix, for Nintendo DS)
11. Monster Hunter Tri (2009, Capcom, for Wii)

Games that received a near-perfect score of 39 include:

1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (1991, Nintendo, for Super Famicom)
2. Virtua Fighter 2 (1995, Sega, for Sega Saturn)
3. Ridge Racer Revolution (1995, Namco, for PlayStation)
4. Super Mario 64 (1996, Nintendo, for Nintendo 64)
5. Tekken 3 (1998, Namco, for PlayStation)
6. Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram (1999, Sega, for Dreamcast)
7. Final Fantasy X (2001, Square Co., Ltd., for PlayStation 2)
8. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (2001, Sony Computer Entertainment, for PlayStation 2)
9. Resident Evil (2002, Capcom, for Nintendo GameCube)
10. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (2004, Square Enix, for PlayStation 2)
11. Gran Turismo 4 (2004, Sony Computer Entertainment, for PlayStation 2)
12. Kingdom Hearts II (2005, Square Enix and Buena Vista Games, for PlayStation 2)
13. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (2005, Konami, for PlayStation 2)
14. Dead or Alive 4 (2005, Tecmo, for Xbox 360)
15. Ōkami (2006, Capcom, for PlayStation 2)
16. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (2007, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)
17. Grand Theft Auto IV (2008, Rockstar, for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)

atticus

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5 sp
I actually started LttP yesterday. Got the three medallions so far. Every so often I get the urge to play old SNES RPG's like Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana and Link to the Past.

I'm with you on that. Recently went on the Wii Nintendo shopping channel and grabbed Secret of Mana and Super Mario RPG. Awesome.

Windwaker, with the exception of the painfully annoying mini-boss battles in the end, was arguably the best Zelda game ever made. And I've played all of them.

Props on the thread