• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTPs... do people think you are high?

NTP's, do people often think you are high?

• Total voters

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I just bump into a lot of things, and I tend to sit on people's laps in the subway by accident.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Yes, but its usually on account of my voice being a "stoners voice"
That and the fact that I am sensotarded to the max.
Ive taken off my shirt and put it in the fridge while lost in thought.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Nope, never. But I tend to give off a more focused vibe than some other INTPs. I have known a few spacey ones. I can be ditzy, but never come off high.

Same here. I can come off as absentminded, but it's more "he's focused on something else" not high/drunk, etc. I can't think of an instance where anyone's ever even suggested it.

Sachetan

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sometimes my thought processes make people think I am high. The ideas and theories that some only conceive when blazed out of their minds I manage to produce while completely sober. That and the fact that my train of thought seems to jump all over the place doesn't help my case.

Serves me right for trying to include others in my thought processes.

:cheese: Yeah, maybe we'd have it easier if we'd keep our mouths shut.

Years ago one backstabbing colleague of mine was after my position and told my boss I was taking drugs to get high (untrue). My boss believed this and confronted me. Luckily I could prove the accuser wrong and later on the person was caught running similar smear campaigns on other people and gaining a really dishonest reputation.

But the thing that made my boss buy that was the fact that I have a lot of energy (positive, I hope). He couldn't believe that someone is like that naturally. So I guess I'm naturally high. :headphne:

yowhatup

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
One time, I was at TGI Friday's with some friends. I was sober. We went to that particular Friday's because one of our mutual friends was working there that evening. We met up with him after he got off work. He gave me a receipt that was given to him by a couple sitting a table away from us. On the back was written:

"I think your friend w/ the beard is REALLY stoned... Have a good night."

Then again, I was a bit tired, and I do live in good ol' conservative/traditional North Carolina

I hate this place

sculpting

I have two INTP collegues who I think very highly of. Both can come off as total pot heads as they are not really with us most of the time.

I met the first at a dinner when he interviewed. He came in from california and my ESTJ boss just babbled the whole time. I thought wow, we are about to get a pothead from california, but was cool as he seemed really smart. He is actually morman and has never drank or smoked in his life. However he said everyone tells him looks stoned all of the time. People at work thought he was odd at first and I would just tell them, no he is really smart and is thinking.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I do get this from time to time. I'm just not "with" the rest of world sometimes, and people may pick up on it. I laugh to myself, laugh at things people say that aren't inherently funny, yet contrast or mesh superbly with a current train of thought and I'll laugh. Throw in some sensotard moments [I tried to turn on my TV with my car key remote the other day] and I definitely got that in high school. Funny because I never touch drugs, [I know I have an addictive personality for some things, mainly adrenaline and experience addictions] because I have personal control issues and I'm paranoid enough as it is, I don't need hallucinogenic help.

Also, I did even get put on suicide watch in high school, which I found very amusing [my ESF mother, of course, did not]. Schizoidal tendencies, lack of sleep, palpable aura of boredom, and a habit of including nihilistic song lyrics in my AIM away messages compelled somebody to report me. Never found out who that was.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I used to get searched in high school all the time. People always think I'm on something. Meh.

yeah, i always had people asking me if i was high, I just kind of letted it slide after a while.
Everytime I don't sleep well, people assume i took something, it really gets old sometimes, I don't even like weed and never did other drugs.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
I've had it happen, but only when I'm in a goofy mood. A lot of people don't believe you can get that way without being on something.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope.

Lost, confused, sure. But not high.

Irony is that they're usually the ones confused though. :devil:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get it on the odd occasion, but it's mostly when I'm fatigued. Most people just say that I'm a little bit tangential/random. swordfish. A cop pulled me over at some point, and after talking to him for a while, he noticed my complete lack of sequential thought and asked if I'd been smoking the crack, but it's just their job to ask that, right? I'd say it's pretty cliche to ask people if they're on the hooch now ~actually, maybe I've heard it said more than I recall...

We never had searches at high school, the students were too stupid to hide it, so the teachers just walk around the yard a bit. According to a recent rumor, the janitor/grounds keeper joins the kids every now and then anyway. Nothing suspicious. Not at all.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Ever since middle school, people and even some teachers would accuse me of being high. They kept doing it in high school, but by that time, they were right. Deep Ti analysis and zoning out can make one appear high, and so can making odd Ne connections and theories. So I can see how xNTPs get accused of this.

Most people only disregard their present realities and surrounding environment when in some kind of altered emotional state, like while in a rage, while depressed, while manic etc.... or, while they're high.

So if a person appears to be calm and not in distress, yet is still in their own world, they're high.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Ever since middle school, people and even some teachers would accuse me of being high. They kept doing it in high school, but by that time, they were right. Deep Ti analysis and zoning out can make one appear high, and so can making odd Ne connections and theories. So I can see how xNTPs get accused of this.

Most people only disregard their present realities and surrounding environment when in some kind of altered emotional state, like while in a rage, while depressed, while manic etc.... or, while they're high.

So if a person appears to be calm and not in distress, yet is still in their own world, they're high.

Said it better than I could've... even the personal experience bit.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Been asked loads of times whats wrong with me but only once or twice if It was drugs specifically.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I used to stare straight at the wall all day in school. I got good grades but it was just my way of listening. I'd zone out and look at the wall in order to keep my attention. Apparently this was just the thing that makes you look like you're high as hell.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I used to stare straight at the wall all day in school. I got good grades but it was just my way of listening. I'd zone out and look at the wall in order to keep my attention. Apparently this was just the thing that makes you look like you're high as hell.

I'm REALLY good at faking like I'm paying attention, probably due to the fact that I tend to interject sporadically, but I completely zone out some times when people are talking to me.

When I used to have my long hair, people I didn't even know called me "the biggest pothead ever," and I've never even smoked, eheh. I tend to have a pretty neutral expression on my face most of the time, so I guess people could misconstrue that for being high, but I don't think I've ever really been "called out" on being high. I've had a couple people ask me, but I think that's when I was tired. (When I'm fatigued, I can feel my eyes get bloodshot, so it would definitely look like I'm high.)

I had a friend at school that almost always looked like he was high. Then again, scraggly beards, bloodshot eyes, and prolonged staring in the distance never helped his case.

L

Lasting_Pain

My odd behavior led people to think I was using drugs. Never really bothered me, until I became the poster child for the Dare Program.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nope, never. But I tend to give off a more focused vibe than some other INTPs. I have known a few spacey ones. I can be ditzyseem spaced out-ish, but never come off high. Sometimes I act drunk when (can be in sync with) people around me are drunk (not on purpose).

This + pre knowing about MBTI/Cognitive functions I had been, repeatedly many times out of the blue, asked if I was 'always thinking' which sounded weird to me but courtesy/politeness had me reply such that that moment could pass without being a memorable one.

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
I have never done drugs in my entire life, but people are always assuming I do, not to mention my boss always says to "be safe" over the weekend.
Lol ill probably be playing Spore all weekend.
Its probably because I'm known for being into celtic punk and they associate it with drinking. Not to mention the things I say that people normally dont, I surpase what I like to call the "ritual" of idle chatter. "Whats up?" "Not Much, you?" "Nm just chilling"
Damn that stuff to hell.
I actually introduced myself as "Yeah, I wouldnt call me socially akward, but I say things I probably shouldnt" Then went on to insult the stupid customers i had delt with, and talk about how I hated talking to people at work...at work.
Great way to make a first impression haha.