• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What do you hate about non-rationals?

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
This isn't about argueing points, I've learned in life thats useless.
I would just like to hear what other people hate about non-rationals, but specific examples as opposed to general themes.

I hate the way my Christian friend argues, he quotes direct verses from the bible, and uses metaphors that have flaws, but when I directly quote the bible to raise a different point, or to back up my arguement its "taking it out of context" and bringing up a point is "twisting his words".
I hate how he uses circular logic,
"I know God Exists"
"How"
"Because He Exists"

I hate how people ignore the facts, and how they WANT to be deluded, they WANT to delude themselves. They believe fallacies, but when given evidence that it may be wrong they ignore it, and dont look it up themselves.

Such fallacies include things such as "There are only three forms of matter" to "America was founded as a Christain country"
Not to mention I've heard people rationalize invading Iraq because "We've killed Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein (this was like 4 years ago, before we DID kill him) so we ARE winning and should keep going" to "Its okay to hate pakistan because they bombed us."

WHAT?!?

Not to mention people that think gays shouldn't get married because of
1.) Tradition (Whos tradition? Christians?)
2.) Because the definition of marriage is "A man and a woman" (Again, whos definition?)
3.) Its unnatural (Even though homosexuality happens alot in nature and and i don't hear them bitching about going to the bathroom in a toilet, which is VERY unnatural)
and whatever else, completelly ignoring the fact that athiests can get married, that people who are NOT going to have children can get married and that there ARE other religions where homosexuality are ok.
It isn't right to make others follow the rules of YOUR religion.
And they don't even comprehend what point I try to make.

Blah.

locus8

MBTI Type
INTP
The biggest problem with non-rationals is the additional difficulty in accepting arguments which are based on evidence and logic, instead of "common sense" or feelings.

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Not to mention logical fallacies. such as "well statistically 2 billion people can't be wrong."
Yes they can be.

They say "I just KNOW"
I point out so don't schizophrenics.

They say things that are witty, like somehow witticism equals a win.

Like, this will be a very poorly remembered quote, heard from someone who messed it up when they told it to me.

"The likelyhood of man writting the bible, something so perfect and has predicted so many things, is (input some ridiculous thing about finding something in the desert)"
I point out people think Sylvia Brown can talk to ghosts, she can't, look it up if you think she can.
People thought that George Bush was the incarnation of Jesus.

And Mormons think that they have magic underwear that protects them from the outside world...maybe if its kevlar.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yeah, hypocrisy has got to be the main thing. If it serves to prove their points it's fine and dandy. If it serve to disprove them it's not.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I hate the way they have to be chopped up to fit into cans properly. Sawing bones is a real pain in the ass.

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
I hate the way they have to be chopped up to fit into cans properly. Sawing bones is a real pain in the ass.

Precisly lol. See my first reaction was to laugh, then I realized this is actually why people kill eachother over stupid beliefs lol
Talking to my pentacostal friends ALWAYS makes me want to punch him.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

TJs.... always putting people into neat little boxes!:steam:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't hate, hatred is born in frustration. I'm perfectly happy with who I am to and for myself.

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
I don't hate, hatred is born in frustration. I'm perfectly happy with who I am to and for myself.

I agree, my hatred for ignorant people is born out of being frustrated that they cannot see.
But I don't get mad at my dog for being a dog, does that mean I shouldn't get mad at stupid people? Or am I now some d-bag for thinking they are less than me and not responsible for what they do...because they are dumb.

Lol I'm not sure.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx

I always found that converting their bodies into biofuel was more efficient. Use the energy from the previous bodies to power the saw. It makes things quite easier.

The ashes also make great fertilizer for the plants you may want to use to cover the burial site, should you ever decide to bury some remains.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I agree, my hatred for ignorant people is born out of being frustrated that they cannot see.
But I don't get mad at my dog for being a dog, does that mean I shouldn't get mad at stupid people? Or am I now some d-bag for thinking they are less than me and not responsible for what they do...because they are dumb.

Lol I'm not sure.

Yeah, to clarify I don't hate non-rationals. I do get frustrated though sometimes, because I don't want to be that douchebag you mentioned. But I've realized it's no crime to just let it go when they clearly can't think/refuse to think in the same terms.

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Yeah, to clarify I don't hate non-rationals. I do get frustrated though sometimes, because I don't want to be that douchebag you mentioned. But I've realized it's no crime to just let it go when they clearly can't think/refuse to think in the same terms.

See, I don't have a problem with people believing in things I think are stupid.

But if half of america voted to spend billions of dollars to fight ghosts and exorcise people...id have a problem.

Alot like how religious fanatics are trying to pass laws that have no place being there, supported by the sheep of thier shepardom.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It's about knowing what you can and cannot control.
You can control your life and thoughts, you cannot reasonnably hope to apply that discipline to other people, as they are themselves in control of their own thoughts and lives.

So one might as well let go of the frustrations over things he or she cannot change and make him or herself a better, more satisfying person by his or her own standards.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
See, I don't have a problem with people believing in things I think are stupid.

But if half of america voted to spend billions of dollars to fight ghosts and exorcise people...id have a problem.

Alot like how religious fanatics are trying to pass laws that have no place being there, supported by the sheep of thier shepardom.

I've come to realize that the really important battles are never really won using reason/logic. And just because you are right it doesn't mean you'll convince people. I guess that's why so many politicians were energetic idealistic kids with dreams of fairness utopia, and then become corrupted by the system when they realize they need to play the game to actually make some changes.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I've come to realize that the really important battles are never really won using reason/logic.

Wrong, emotionaly appeal is a reasonnable and logical argument to us in order to convince.
You don't win a war with words, you win a war with words and weapons, tactics and strategies on the military and social level.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Wrong, emotionaly appeal is a reasonnable and logical argument to us in order to convince.

I was saying they are won using emotional appeal. And I was making a distinction between appealing to emotion and to reason/logic .

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
You don't win a war with words, you win a war with words and weapons, tactics and strategies on the military and social level.

But you need an emotional drive to motivate yourself in implementing the war strategies, coaxing morale in the ranks, etc.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Because if I allowed myself to get as wound up as you are about other people and how they think, I'd be acting just as irrational and stupid as they are. Autopilot + smile and nod + walk away + ignore = happy me.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
But you need an emotional drive to motivate yourself in implementing the war strategies, coaxing morale in the ranks, etc.
Seems like you confused moods/freudian drives and emotions. :sleeping: