• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Female Role Call (For Future-Information-Gathering Purposes)

Usehername

On a mission
So: plan =
a) determine which INTJ females are active on teh boards
b) comprise a list of questions to gather information about (all types and genders welcome to contribute)
c) gather the information
d) become geniuses on the dark depths of the INTJ female
e) take over the world (duh! do we really need to put this on the list?)

1. Usehername

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
b) comprise a list of questions to gather information about (all types and genders welcome to contribute)

1. Usehername

You forgot f: deteremine if they live near unattached male board members. :devil:

ygolo

My termites win
INTJ females consolidate!

If it weren't for Zegling's post (and now my post too), this thread had the tone of a cartoon battle preparation.

Let's prepare to go into battle, ready...

1. Ushername-"Ushername"
  2. creativeRhino-"creativeRhino"
  3. Arandur-"Arandur"
  4. Economica-:hi:
  5. Mendacity-"Mendacity"
  6. Mrs. M-"Yo estoy aqui tambien"

But I suppose the roll-call is what those cartoon characters were doing too.

Anyway, carry-on ;) .

Usehername

On a mission
The only others I can think of are Non and NPG. (Does NPG still stalker-read, or is she actually not here?)

So I figure we can come up with general areas of life that we could address, and then come up with specific questions to find commonalities.

Everyone (meaning you, if you're reading this) is invited to throw out questions. I figure these are too many topics to actually discuss, but if people know that they want to talk about it/feel they are unique on the subject, here are some potential areas to discuss. Please just use this list to jump off of. People can propose more specific questions; these are really general.

*Career choices
*Friendships with the two genders (just plain gender ratios of who makes up your friend circles/how do you connect with other females/etc.)
*Paranoias
*Feelings re: tattoos/piercings
*religion
*academic interest areas
*types of guys you are romantically attracted to (or, i suppose, females, too)
*sports
*music (what you listen to/what instruments you play)
*social skills (because we can be all over the map, from the limited previous evidence volunteered by female INTJs on these boards)
*parental relationships
*interest in kids
*how you act when you're in charge or leading something
*extra-curriculars
*favorite authors/books/etc.
*favorite movies/directors/actors/tv shows etc.
*Pet Peeves!!
*how good are you with money
*do you feel uncomfortable/out of character in a girly dress and a situation where you have to do the typical Girly Stuff?
*how do you dress
*vices
*known areas of inter-relational problems
*known areas of information acquiring problems (i.e. study methods/tips/areas of weakness/how you use your strengths to gather information)
*are you a visual/auditory/interactive/argumentative etc. learner?
*early riser vs. night hawk?
*what do you find endearing
*who were you in high school
*expressing emotion in front of others
*gift giving and receiving
*touchy-feeliness
*sex drive
*messiness/organization of living environment
*time spent daydreaming
*most crazy plan you schemed and succeeded with
*fears
*hand tool adeptness
*traveling
*phobias
*life goals
*things that make you stressed
*things that make you awkward in situations
*death: how you deal/what you think about it
*what do you see as the point of life?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

1. Usehername
Woo-hoo! Are old fogies allowed?

Arandur

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm going to answer all of these, because all I have to do for the next 5 hours or so is sit in my room and brood until I fall asleep. So here goes :D

*Career choices:
I'm currently majoring in criminal justice, and I'm probably going to end up as a police officer, though I would most certainly take up either forensic psychology or forensic science if there were more jobs available. I want to be able to get a job wherever I end up.

*Friendships with the two genders (just plain gender ratios of who makes up your friend circles/how do you connect with other females/etc.):
I only essentially have two people in my life who I'd call friends (which is why I'm sitting in my room doing nothing haha). One is a boy, and one is a girl. The boy recently became my boyfriend, but I consider him just as much a boyfriend as a best friend.

*Paranoias:
My biggest paranoia is other people getting into my thoughts uninvited. Years ago when I was at a very mentally unstable point in my life, I was actually convinced people could read my thoughts, and it scared the shit out of me. That's not really an issue these days, but I'm still very grateful that my thoughts are my own, and only my own.

*Feelings re: tattoos/piercings:
I'm a fan of them, simply because I find them aesthetically pleasing. Piercings more so than tattoos, and both very much in moderation.

*religion:
I call myself atheist with Paganistic tendencies. I do not support or partake in organized religion.

*academic interest areas:
English has always been my forte, but science and psychology fascinate me to no end.

*types of guys you are romantically attracted to (or, i suppose, females, too):
Extraverts. I love extraverts because they make it so easy for me to come out of my shell and just straight up have fun once in a while. It's very refreshing, but afterwards I do always need to recharge.

*sports:
Not a huge fan of them. At all.

*music (what you listen to/what instruments you play):
As for what I've played, I've played flute and bassoon. Didn't like flute so much, but I adored bassoon, which I played for 6 years. If there's one thing I miss immeasurably about highschool, it's band. Playing music really saved me from myself, I can remember a point when going to band was the only reason I got up in the morning.
As for what I listen to, I'm a huge trance fan, particularly vocal trance. Music has the power to alter my mood/state of mind drastically, and I frequently enjoy taking advantage of that.

*social skills (because we can be all over the map, from the limited previous evidence volunteered by female INTJs on these boards):
My social skills used to be awful until I got a job in a popular amusement park arcade. I've been working there for three years now, and having to deal with people for 8 hours each day really helped improve them. I'm still horrible at making friends though.

*parental relationships:
Shaky for a while, but good now.

*interest in kids:
I do want kids someday, one or two, far down the line when I'm in a stable, happy marriage.

*how you act when you're in charge or leading something:
I don't lead until everyone I'm working with has proven themselves incompetent, but when I take charge I lay everything down clearly, logically, and organize things to get the job done as well as possible.

*extra-curriculars:
Just band. Loved it dearly.

*favorite authors/books/etc.:
I don't read much, but that's because I have a hard time finding a book I can really get into, but when I do, I'm completely absorbed in it. I've been a huge Lord of the Rings fan for years because of this.

*favorite movies/directors/actors/tv shows etc.:
I like House, Cops, Law & Order, don't really have any favorite directors/actors/movies.

*Pet Peeves!!:
Stupid people. Incompetence, slowness, ignorance, stubbornness, etc.

*how good are you with money:
I'm fairly good with money. I always put 60-80% of my checks in a savings account, I don't make impulse purchases, and I eat as cheaply as possible when I'm out.

*do you feel uncomfortable/out of character in a girly dress and a situation where you have to do the typical Girly Stuff?:
A bit, but I've learned to, for the most part, ignore it.

*how do you dress:
When I'm going to school and don't feel like carrying a purse I wear baggy pants to put all my stuff in. Otherwise I dress in average girl clothes, or boy clothes on a day where I'm feeling lazy.

*vices:
I'm reading "vice" as "flaw" here so I'll answer based on that. One of my biggest flaws is my debilitating amount of self-criticism. I do it all the time, everything I say and do I criticize over and over again to the point where I feel like an absolute idiot, which depresses me. I also tend to read between lines that don't exist which can get me into awkward social situations if I'm not careful.

*known areas of inter-relational problems:
Not really sure.

*known areas of information acquiring problems (i.e. study methods/tips/areas of weakness/how you use your strengths to gather information):
I wish I could figure this one out. I can't for the life of me figure out how to absorb and retain information that I'm not interested in.

*are you a visual/auditory/interactive/argumentative etc. learner?:
Still don't know this one, wish I did.

*early riser vs. night hawk?:
Night hawk. Almost every night I'm up until 2-3am because I can't fall asleep because my mind will not shut up.

*what do you find endearing:
Not sure.

*who were you in high school:
I was frequently labeled "the kid who hates everyone", which I denied at the time, but now realize was mostly true.

*expressing emotion in front of others:
I avoid it as much as possible.

*gift giving and receiving:
I'm awful at it. I give people gifts by taking them shopping and telling them to pick out something they want. As for what I receive, it doesn't really matter. It's just material after all.

*touchy-feeliness:
In general, I absolutely hate it. With my significant other it's quite enjoyable.

*sex drive:
It's moderately high, probably because I'm a teenager with the raging hormones and all.

*messiness/organization of living environment:
My room is, in short, a dump. My floor is mostly covered with clothes and school books, and all my surfaces are covered with assorted junk.

*time spent daydreaming:
90% of it.

*most crazy plan you schemed and succeeded with:
None really, haha.

*fears:
Being alone, losing those I love, financial failure.

*hand tool adeptness:
Very good. I love working on cars and I love drawing. I can almost always fix something that someone else cannot.

*traveling:
I like it in moderation.

*phobias:
Germs. If someone doesn't smell right I will avoid them at all costs. If someone coughs/sneezes, I hold my breath. I never touch doorhandles/knobs without covering my hand with my sleeve.

*life goals: Live comfortably, establish a mutual level of deep love/caring with someone.

*things that make you stressed:
Uncertainty. This is why I hate thinking about the future so much, and also why I do it so much. It drives me batshit insane that I don't know exactly how the future will unfold, how people in my life will behave, etc.

*things that make you awkward in situations:
Despite my somewhat improved social skills, I don't always know what to say to someone, or how to enunciate it to sound sincere, even if I am being sincere.

*death: how you deal/what you think about it:
I try not to think about it. Fortunately I haven't had to deal with someone close to me dying yet.

*what do you see as the point of life?: To enjoy it as much as possible.

Oh yeah :party2:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
7. Uberfuhrer

I'm thinking of getting a sex change...

Usehername

On a mission
Woo-hoo! Are old fogies allowed?

only if they are INTJs and female!! (so... welcome!)

and everyone else can ask questions or make smartass comments like Uber, but they can't contribute to the data b/c they would mess it up.

ygolo

My termites win
More questions:

How rare do you find your personality or you gender to be in your career field?

How much negative stereotyping have you had to deal with in your career?

Do you think negative stereotyping comes more from men in your field or women outside your field?

Nonpareil

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not sure what number I am, but I'm here.

If you read my blog, I've been really extremely tired so sorry...I'll have to answer your questions when I wake up in a few days to a week. :sleeping:

Usehername

On a mission
More questions:

How rare do you find your personality or you gender to be in your career field?

How much negative stereotyping have you had to deal with in your career?

Do you think negative stereotyping comes more from men in your field or women outside your field?

It's not my career, and not even technically my major, but I have sure noticed that the chemistry department (esp. the biochem dept.) at my school is FLOODED with INTJs, and NTs in general. At first, I thought I was simply over-generalizing INTJ traits. Then I read that apparently INTJs make up 18% of scientific positions, and I was thinking about 1 in 5 people seem to be INTJ in my lab section (including the instructor). Weird. No INTJ female students met yet, though.

I will have a female INTJ biochem lecture prof next term; I had her for organic. She's fantastic. I heart her. So clearly an INTJ. Te dominates when lecturing, which fits the majority of students learning styles, Ni overwhelms when one-on-one with her (I think she adapts to the students asking the questions, because when I ask she's really Ni and when a friend asked that I went to see her with, she was really Te in explanations). And I can see so much Fi in her, too, which is nice.

My friend said when the prof was explaining something I didn't get to me specifically when we went to see her together, she "basically made no sense compared to how she clearly explained it to me, and you were just like, "oh I totally get it now"... she just said random ideas and smushed them together and it clicks for you. you are weird" Her Te is good, but her Ni is better :D

Mendacity

I'll also just answer all of these in short answer form like Arandur did because I have some time to kill before my plans for the evening.

*Career choices:
I'm a journalism major and I really wanted to go into print journalism so I could inform people, tell the truth and hopefully improve the world in some small way. However, the market for that is pretty crappy right now, so I'll probably end up going into PR or Marketing instead because that's who's hiring now. :(

*Friendships with the two genders (just plain gender ratios of who makes up your friend circles/how do you connect with other females/etc.):
I think my group of friends is pretty evenly distributed between the genders and I have really close friends who are male and female. However, I think that I tend to be picky about other females. The women who are close friends of mine are all of above average intelligence, most of them are career women with college degrees (or working on getting their degrees) or mothers who work full time as well. I have very few female friends who are "girlie".

*Paranoias:
I have mild social anxiety disorder I think. Not bad, but I kind of worry that my friends don't really like me (even though I know rationally that they respect and adore me) or that I was too forceful or mean to someone.

*Feelings re: tattoos/piercings:
I have several tattoos myself and have participated in "play" piercings for shows. (Those are piercings that are done for a show that you generally take out when it's over because they aren't practical.) but only have my ears pierced permanently. I think that both are great provided you know that there's a time and a place for those things.

*religion:
I believe in something but I think it's silly for humans to claim to know the nature of god (and I use the term god as a place holder term, for lack of a better one for the purposes of conversation). That's like a cockroach trying to understand traffic patterns in LA. I'm not big on organized religions, but I think that most of them have good basic tenets that often get warped and turned ugly.

*academic interest areas:
I'd say English. I also like psychology and sociology, but to a lesser extent.

*types of guys you are romantically attracted to (or, i suppose, females, too):
Usually bad boys. Most of my x-boyfriends have arrest records, a few have done time, and many of them are a bit crazy. But they're all brilliant. And they're all essentially really nice guys. I'm still friends with almost all of them and they'll still help my mom move furniture or fix her computer or come get me in the middle of the night if I've locked my keys in my car or break down or something.
I will also mention that although they are "bad boys" and often have been in trouble, most of them are now relatively stable and working at professional jobs or in school.

*sports:
I love UFC. That's about it.

*music (what you listen to/what instruments you play):
I play a mean radio. ;) Tried to learn the guitar when I was 14 but never got the hang of it.
I listen to a wide variety of things. I like almost everything. But mostly it's industrial or punk. Also some black metal. But really I like everything.

*social skills (because we can be all over the map, from the limited previous evidence volunteered by female INTJs on these boards):
I'm shy and I'm not so good at making friends... mostly because people give me their phone numbers and tell me to call them but I'm too shy to. With my friends I'd say that I'm pretty good socially. I have a large group of friends and acquaintances, several close friends and I would say that I am liked and respected by them all.

*parental relationships:
Very adversazrial as a teenager with my mom (partially because she's an ENTJ and really needed to be in control and I've never been ok with that), but now I have a good relationship with both parents.

*interest in kids:
Someday, but not until I'm ready.

*how you act when you're in charge or leading something:
I try to avoid that. When I have to I try to make it sort of a democracy and allow everyone to give their input.

*extra-curriculars:
None

*favorite authors/books/etc.:
I read a lot. It would be too long to list authors and books. I like sci-fi and horror and fantasy and literature.

*favorite movies/directors/actors/tv shows etc.:
Lost, Heroes, the Venture Bros. South Park and a very few others. I watch a lot of the discovery channel and the science channel and stuff like that. It would take too long to list the movies that I like, so I'll list the ones I don't: Will Farrell-type movies and romantic comedies.

*Pet Peeves!!:
I think my biggest pet peeve is people who, when arguing a point, will continually say "Well I don't really know anything about this, but..." in response to whatever you say. If they don't know what they're talking about then they should shut up. Likewise people who argue something they think they know but are, in fact ignorant of, or who have not listened adequately to what I've said before arguing with me. Also, people who say something is ok and then get mad about it. And tardiness.

*how good are you with money:
I manage it ok, although I occasionally screw up.

*do you feel uncomfortable/out of character in a girly dress and a situation where you have to do the typical Girly Stuff?
Very much so. I'm a bit of a tom boy and would prefer to talk about video games and cars (to a point) and stuff like that with the boys than hair and make-up and babies with the girls.

*how do you dress:
Appropriate to the situation. Usually in jeans and a tank top or something like that. With boots. But I'm a student so I don't have to dress business-casual very often. I wear a lot of black, although I have grown out of freakier clothing

*vices:
I tend to overindulge with wine occasionally.
Recently I quit smoking and it's been a battle.
If I'm stressed I tend to find comfort in things that are sensory... a glass of wine, a cigarette, a bubble bath, etc.

*known areas of inter-relational problems:
I tend to argue things to death. I often come off as bitchy or mean or angry when I don't mean to and I usually have no idea that I have. I tend to be too blunt at times.
I have trouble with romantic relationships. Usually mine are extremely unconventional. I am willing to get more detailed on this topic if needed, but will save it for now because I think it will be too long an explanation.

*known areas of information acquiring problems (i.e. study methods/tips/areas of weakness/how you use your strengths to gather information):
I do everything last minute. And I have some trouble keeping focused.

*are you a visual/auditory/interactive/argumentative etc. learner?:
I don't know. Probably argumentative.

*early riser vs. night hawk?:
Night hawk, but that's changing as I get older.

*what do you find endearing:
I guess it depends. I'm sorry, I know that doesn't help much.

*who were you in high school:
I was troubled. I dyed my hair black, dressed in black, hung out with the punks and the goths and the stoners. I had crappy grades because school bored the life out of me and I rarely went to class. I saw it mostly as pointless hoop-jumping.

*expressing emotion in front of others:
No thank you.

*gift giving and receiving:
With my friends I think I do pretty well. I take pride in getting people something they'll like and I spend a lot of time and effort on it. Receiving always makes me a bit uncomfortable though, in the same way that being sung happy birthday to does.

*touchy-feeliness:
only if we're in some kind of sexual relationship

*sex drive:
high

*messiness/organization of living environment:
messy with clothes and books on the floor and clutter on shelves and whatnot... but no old food or filth like that.

*time spent daydreaming:
not much. I don't have time.

*most crazy plan you schemed and succeeded with:
I'll have to think about it.

*fears:
never having a successful relationship and being single the rest of my life. Boredom and routine.

*hand tool adeptness:
I don't do a lot of hand tool stuff, but I'm proficient at it when I do.

*traveling:
I like it as long as I'm not sitting on a beach or something. Beaches are nice but there's a lot more to the world.

*phobias:
spiders. It's not so much that I'm afraid of them, I'm just utterly repulsed by them. They have too many legs.

*life goals: I'm sticking to Arandur's answer: "Live comfortably, establish a mutual level of deep love/caring with someone." But I'll add getting the most out of life that I can. Also I enjoy having a large number of very diverse (in every sense of the word) group of friends.

*things that make you stressed:
relationships. unresolved conflict.

*things that make you awkward in situations:
People that I don't know.

*death: how you deal/what you think about it:
Haven't had to deal with it much yet. But I'd say that it's a natural part of life I guess.

*what do you see as the point of life?: To learn and experience as much as I can and to make meaningful and enjoyable connections with people I care about and can learn from.
And world domination of course. That should go without saying though.

Last edited:

ygolo

My termites win
The only others I can think of are Non and NPG. (Does NPG still stalker-read, or is she actually not here?)

So I figure we can come up with general areas of life that we could address, and then come up with specific questions to find commonalities.

This might help:

List of self reported INTJs

Not sure which ones are female, but I am fairly certain Natrushka, GirlAmerica, and amber_rk are. I also don't know if they are active or want to participate in this thread. I may have made another social faux pas. But I figured one of the other INTJs may want to figure out who can be recruited.

Ms. M

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wow, username is totally into this....so here goes:

Career choices I'm a policy guru, I interpret laws, rules, and regulations to ensure everything is on the up-and-up

Friendships with the two genders Most of my friends are female, most of my male friends end up being ex-boyfriends after awhile. LOL

Paranoias I am afraid of flying insects, because I've never been stung. I don't want to find out I'm deathly allergic!

Feelings re: tattoos/piercings Whatever floats your boat. I have one piercing in each ear.

religion I'm a Christian, but believe it's more about a personal relationship with God than attending a church or fellowship with other Christians.

academic interest areas I enjoyed social sciences most in school, though I prefered Sociology to Psychology. Sociology made more sense to me.

types of guys you are romantically attracted to All the wrong kinds. Typically, the guys I am attracted to I become attracted to over time, based on their personality and how I relate to them. Or because they're interested in me and I don't want to hurt their feelings.

sports I'm a lazy klutz. I don't do sports myself, but enjoy watching my hometown teams, especially if they're doing well. I like watching hockey most.

music I'm a lazy tone-deaf klutz, I don't play instruments, but will listen to anything but hip-hop/rap (don't particularly care for country, but tolerate it)

social skills People are sometimes surprised to find out I'm introverted because I'm really talkative and generally friendly, but I don't go out of my way to get to know people and people have a harder time really getting to know me.

parental relationships my parents and I get along fine.

interest in kids I make a great auntie, but I have a hard enough time taking care of myself!

how you act when you're in charge or leading something I'm a supervisor now, and am quite methodical. "This is what I expect to be done, here's the plan to get you there....what is it about the plan that is not working for you...." etc.

extra-curriculars I'm assuming you mean school, when I was in school I was involved in the groups that I was interested in or supported things I supported (such as students against driving drunk, volunteer service organizatons, etc)

favorite authors/books/etc. I loved the Harry Potter books, Dan Brown (DaVinci Code), and (auto)biographies

favorite movies/directors/actors/tv shows etc. The only show I currently watch almost religiously is Grey's Anatomy. I loved Alias when it was on. I generally like shows that show smart, confident women kicking butt and taking names.

Pet Peeves!! The major ones are: (1) people who chew with their mouth open, (2) people who sneeze without covering their mouths - or cover their mouths with their hands and then touch stuff, (3) people who put me on hold when I'm talking to them as I believe call waiting is rude unless it's an emergency, and (4) people who interrupt when someone else is talking.

how good are you with money OK. Not fantastic, not horrible, just OK.

do you feel uncomfortable/out of character in a girly dress and a situation where you have to do the typical Girly Stuff? I'm not a girly girl, so I suppose it depends on the situation. I'm OK with weddings, but doing the girly-girl thing to go out on the town is out of character for me.

how do you dress Whatever fits and is in my price range. Generally classic-chic to work (twinsets, sweaters, or blouses paired with slacks). On the weekends, I have been known to go to the store in my PJs.

vices Chocolate and caffeine.

known areas of inter-relational problems I don't have inter-relational problems, so long as people realize that I'm always right. :)

known areas of information acquiring problems Surprisingly for an INTJ, my weak areas in school were math and science. I have horrific spatial reasoning skills.

are you a visual/auditory/interactive/argumentative etc. learner? I'm an interactive/argumentative learner. When in school, I had to write/type out what was being said to retain the information, and I'd constantly ask "why?"

early riser vs. night hawk? I'm a night owl

what do you find endearing Depends on the person and the circusmtance, something that might be endearing the first time can irritate me the next.

who were you in high school I was the smart girl who was pretty much invisible, I moved within several social circles without really belonging to any of them. I found my people in college, I don't keep in contact with anyone I went to high school with.

expressing emotion in front of others Only if I know them and know them well.

gift giving and receiving Uh, who doesn't like getting gifts? I'm apparently impossible to shop for though, I have more candles than a Yankee Candle shop!

touchy-feeliness Nope.

sex drive I guess it's normal.

messiness/organization of living environment I'm almost anally-organized.

time spent daydreaming Who has time for daydreaming?

most crazy plan you schemed and succeeded with Oh, I don't think I should divulge that.

fears Other than my insect phobia, I'm not afraid of much.

hand tool adeptness I'm a klutz naturally, and I'm left-handed. Not a strength of mine.

traveling Love it, it's my favorite hobby.

life goals right now, my goal is just to get to the weekend. I had goals and ended up in a totally different place, which is fine. Life's about the ride, we all share the same destination.

things that make you stressed People who won't get with the program, including my employees and my boss.

things that make you awkward in situations Anything that takes me out of my little INTJ bubble.

death: how you deal/what you think about it Death is a natural consequence of life. How well I deal with it depends on who died (young or old, long illness or sudden, etc.)

what do you see as the point of life? Life's a journey and you should try to be the best you that you can be.