• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Female Role Call (For Future-Information-Gathering Purposes)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
*CAREER CHOICES –
All I wanted was to be a famous singer and songwriter from the time I was 4 years of age.
When I was 16, I got my Broadcasting License so I could be a D.J. and play music on the radio.
I did not go to college because 30 years ago singers were “discovered”; they didn’t go to college.
I love electronics and gadgets; I would love to work at Radio Shack; I like that they have a “uniform” and I wouldn’t have to decide what to wear every day.

*FRIENDSHIPS WITH THE TWO GENDERS –
I was best friends with the girl next door from age 4 to 9 - ENTP.
I didn’t have another friend until I met my husband when I was 21 - ISTP.
I had a very close friend recently who I worked with, but her feelings drove me insane – ISFJ.
I cannot get along with ESTJ women!
I generally prefer the conversations men have, to the conversations women have.

*PARANOIAS –
Paranoia is the extreme, irrational distrust of others. I think my distrust is rational. :)
I am actually a very trusting person until someone betrays me.

*FEELINGS RE: TATTOOS/PIERCINGS –
When I was young I decided I would never get a tattoo because I had heard that some people regretted them, and it’s very expensive and painful to get them removed, and I don’t like having regrets. I did get my ears pierced when I was 17. The first couple of times I saw a piercing in someone’s face, I was afraid I was going to vomit.

*RELIGION –
I am a devout Christian. I have always loved God and wanted to please Him. I believe the Bible is true, but I don’t believe any one particular denomination is 100% right.

*ACADEMIC INTEREST AREAS –
Science: physics, astronomy, geology, chemistry, biology
Math: geometry
Pharmacology: I believe home remedies are better than going to the doctor, so I’m pretty skilled at nursing my self and my family back to health when we’re ill.
Bible: I know my Bible pretty well, and a little theology.
Meteorology: I have learned to be good at predicting the weather no matter where I have lived.
MBTI types: I have been using type to help me understand people and get along with them for over 15 years.
Genealogy: I like historical research; it’s like solving a mystery.

*TYPES OF GUYS YOU ARE ROMANTICALLY ATTRACTED TO –
I have always liked Ps better than Js.
I was attracted to my husband because he was outwardly self-confident - ISTP.

*SPORTS –
I took an interest in baseball because my father loves it, and I wanted him to like me.
I can’t stand football because of the crowd noise.
I love watching figure skating.

*MUSIC (LISTEN TO/ INSTRUMENTS) –
My favorite music is from the late 60’s and early 70’s. I loved top 40 Pop music the best. I love Easy Listening music that has a pretty melody and meaningful words. Occasionally I like some old time rock and roll. :) I love anything by the old Crooners, especially Dean Martin.
I taught myself to play the guitar and piano.

*SOCIAL SKILLS –
I am now embarrassed at how I used to be. I was a jerk. I was an outcast. I couldn’t relate to kids my own age. I was angry a lot. I had to learn to be diplomatic.

*PARENTAL RELATIONSHIPS –
I hated my parents’ guts. I finally forgave them when I was in my 30’s.

*INTEREST IN KIDS –
I used to tell people, “I am NEVER having kids.” I used to think they would ruin my life, but in fact, my kids have made my life worth living. Having kids forced me to become a better person.

*HOW YOU ACT WHEN YOU'RE IN CHARGE OR LEADING SOMETHING –
I know better now, but I used to be bossy and push people as hard as I pushed myself.

*EXTRA-CURRICULARS –
None. I avoided people.

*FAVORITE AUTHORS/BOOKS/ETC. –
I love Mysteries.
Encyclopedia Brown Mysteries – when I was a kid
Arthur Conan Doyle: Sherlock Holmes
Jane Austen: Pride & Prejudice, and all the others

*FAVORITE MOVIES/DIRECTORS/ACTORS/TV SHOWS ETC. –
I love Romantic-Comedies.
Meg Ryan & Tom Hanks: everything they’ve done
Pride & Prejudice
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Kate & Leopold

*PET PEEVES!! –
Everything irritates me. :) No seriously, my memory isn’t that good. Every now and then I will say, “There’s nothing I hate worst than _____ !”
When I read other people’s pet peeves, I agree with almost all of them, especially the ones about driving.
I hate when everybody around me is breaking rules and laws that I am obligated to keep.

*HOW GOOD ARE YOU WITH MONEY –
I have a fear of getting in trouble with authority, so I am very careful with money. I would pay my bills ahead of time. I hate owing money. It weighs heavy on my mind. I’m very frugal and always look for the best prices. I will wait for technology to come down in price before I buy it.

*DO YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE/OUT OF CHARACTER IN A GIRLY DRESS AND A SITUATION WHERE YOU HAVE TO DO THE TYPICAL GIRLY STUFF? –
I used to. I used to be a tomboy. I had to learn to be feminine. I’m okay with it now, but I’m still not girly.

*HOW DO YOU DRESS –
Mostly jeans, a turtleneck and sneakers. I hate deciding what to wear. I would wear the same thing every day if I could get away with it.

*VICES –
I spend too much time online, avoiding my housekeeping duties.
I comfort myself with food.
I used to watch too much tv.

*KNOWN AREAS OF INTER-RELATIONAL PROBLEMS –
I have avoided people most of my life. Sometimes I say something that accidentally hurts someone’s feelings. It used to not bother me, but now it does.

* STUDY METHODS/TIPS/ WEAKNESS/ STRENGTHS TO GATHER INFORMATION) –
Taking notes helps me remember better.
I keep a sticky note pad taped to the fridge to keep a running list of things I need at the store.

*ARE YOU A VISUAL/AUDITORY/INTERACTIVE/ARGUMENTATIVE ETC. LEARNER? –
I am auditory first, visual second. (What about kinesthetic (hands-on)?)

*EARLY RISER VS. NIGHT HAWK? –
I used to regularly go to bed at 1 AM (before I had kids).

*WHAT DO YOU FIND ENDEARING –
Someone crying, someone hurting, someone in need of immediate help who can’t help themselves, someone in pain.

*WHO WERE YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL –
I was always a loner, but I was always friendly and helpful to strangers. I was usually a friend to the friendless. I used to eat lunch with the smartest guy in school. People used to make fun of him. I didn’t.
I finally came into my own in my senior year when I gained a little fame for my singing and guitar playing. Then I got to sing at my graduation in front of 2,000 people. I wasn’t nervous one bit. It was a dream come true.

*EXPRESSING EMOTION IN FRONT OF OTHERS –
I am out of touch with my feelings until I get alone. I don’t show my feelings to others unless I know them well.

*GIFT GIVING AND RECEIVING –
I had to learn to be a giver.

*TOUCHY-FEELINESS –
I would love to be held by someone who didn’t want sex.

*SEX DRIVE –
I used to use sex to control men.
I could go 3 months at a time without sex (but I don’t because I’m married).

*MESSINESS/ORGANIZATION OF LIVING ENVIRONMENT –
I can keep a small space really neat and clean, but once it gets too much junk in it and there’s no place to put it all, it ends up in piles that I ignore.

*TIME SPENT DAYDREAMING –
Almost every waking moment?

*MOST CRAZY PLAN YOU SCHEMED AND SUCCEEDED WITH –
Hmm. I decided I was going to find the man of my dreams, and I wasn’t gonna put up with one more guy I didn’t like. As soon as he did one thing I didn’t like, he was gonna be outa here! My poor husband was the next guy I met, and don’t you know I tortured him! I scrutinized him with a fine-tooth comb! As an example, in the first week we met, he said he’d meet me at 5 PM. He showed up at 5:02! Don’t you know I was gonna find out if being late was going to be a regular habit! I excused him after he explained that he had hitchhiked 20 miles to get there. So that was my plan, and I was successful.

*FEARS –
I’m mostly afraid of failing in the future.
I used to have the fear of not being perfect.

*HAND TOOL ADEPTNESS –
I’m very good with basic tools around the house. I don’t use power tools though.

*TRAVELING –
I used to think I wanted to travel and scuba dive and sky dive and all that stuff, but I stopped being adventuresome after I had kids and I was no longer interested in taking my life in my hands.

*PHOBIAS –
I have not been back in the ocean since I saw Jaws in 1974. I have even looked over my shoulder when alone in a pool, and sometimes if I start thinking about it while I'm swimming in a lake or a pond, I have to get out.

*LIFE GOALS –
To go to Heaven when I die, and to lay up some treasure there in the meantime
To be thought of as a good wife and mother, and a friendly and helpful neighbor
To make a significant contribution to the world

*THINGS THAT MAKE YOU STRESSED –
being unprepared
being rushed
tailgaters
too much noise
huge tasks that loom over my head like a dark cloud because they’re so overwhelming

*THINGS THAT MAKE YOU AWKWARD IN SITUATIONS –
doing something wrong
being publicly humiliated or corrected

*DEATH: HOW YOU DEAL/WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT –
I have been looking forward to Heaven since I was a little girl.
I sing hymns for people in funeral homes, to comfort them.

*WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE POINT OF LIFE? –
Ever since I was 4, I have known we are here to do good and to please God.

A COUPLE I’VE ADDED-
BIRTH ORDER
first born

IMPORTANT THINGS I’VE HAD TO LEARN
to not be so serious all the time
to be more observant
to laugh at my shortcomings

Jezebel

MBTI Type
intj
I don't post much here, but here's my contribution anyway. There were a lot of questions so I didn't go in depth on anything.

Career choices
art, graphic design type stuff

Friendships with the two genders
used to be mostly male, but it's more like half male and half female these days

Paranoias
Passive aggressive people make me paranoid. Getting in a car wreck.

Feelings re: tattoos/piercings
I don't have any tattoos or piercings (not even my ears), but I don't care what other people do

religion
agnostic

academic interest areas
art, psychology, computers/technology, history, biology

types of guys you are romantically attracted to
nice guys

sports
I play tennis but I'm not particularly good at it. I do it for exercise...other than that I don't care much about sports.

music
Varied across all genres but I'm picky. My favorite genres include metal and classic rock.

social skills
Could use some work.

parental relationships
Don't talk to them or see them much. I live on the opposite side of the country.

interest in kids
I always thought that if I had my own kids I'd be very interested in them and I don't think I would be a bad parent. I don't like being around other people's kids though.

how you act when you're in charge or leading something
depends on what I'm in charge of. I generally plan what needs to be done and delegate responsibilities.

extra-curriculars
You mean like in school? I wasn't involved with anything but now that I'm out of school it seems like it would have been fun.

favorite authors/books/etc.
I love books too much to even try to narrow this down.

favorite movies/directors/actors/tv shows etc.
Yeah, I hate answering 'favorites' questions...

Pet Peeves!!
people who are always complaining about their pet peeves

how good are you with money
When it comes to saving and not spending excessively, good. When it comes to keeping up with bills and finances, bad.

do you feel uncomfortable/out of character in a girly dress and a situation where you have to do the typical Girly Stuff?
Yes but I don't come into those situations much. I don't think dresses are a big deal though, I wear them regularly... I think they're comfortable.

how do you dress
I look at the way the clothes look on my body rather than if they are in style. I like earthy colors and stuff that is comfortable.

vices
The internet, caffeine

known areas of inter-relational problems
Not listening to people, cutting people off, being bossy, being impatient, saying things that hurt people's feelings without realizing it... other than that I'm really sweet ;)

known areas of information acquiring problems
trying to memorize a lot of very detailed information that I'm not particularly interested in

are you a visual/auditory/interactive/argumentative etc. learner?
Visual. Auditory learning is difficult for me. I'm skeptical, but not necessarily an argumentative learner.

early riser vs. night hawk?
night

what do you find endearing
kittens and puppies

who were you in high school
that really quiet kid

expressing emotion in front of others
Depends on what kind of emotion it is. I don't express strong emotions very often.

gift giving and receiving
It's extremely rare for me to either give or receive.

touchy-feeliness
Only with the person I'm in a relationship with.

sex drive
Average I guess.

messiness/organization of living environment
Messy, except for my work areas and my computer files.

time spent daydreaming
84.5%

most crazy plan you schemed and succeeded with
making major moves without saving up much money in advance

fears
heights

hand tool adeptness
despite my overall clumsiness I can be pretty good with hand tools

traveling
wish I could do it more often, but work and (lack of) money keep me from doing it much

things that make you stressed
when things don't work out the way I plan them, people demanding too much from me

things that make you awkward in situations
too many answers for this to pick a good response

death: how you deal/what you think about it
thinking about my own or other people's? the concept of death actually bothers me a lot... I enjoy being alive.

what do you see as the point of life?
to be happy

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Not sure which ones are female, but I am fairly certain Natrushka, GirlAmerica, and amber_rk are. I also don't know if they are active or want to participate in this thread. I may have made another social faux pas. But I figured one of the other INTJs may want to figure out who can be recruited.

No faux pas, IMO. I'll answer over the weekend. Between work, a new computer, job applications, the upcoming long weekend, and the double digit pie baking experiences I have barely had time to breath.

N

Mendacity

No faux pas, IMO. I'll answer over the weekend. Between work, a new computer, job applications, the upcoming long weekend, and the double digit pie baking experiences I have barely had time to breath. N
What is a double digit pie baking experience? It sounds kind of scary. :shock:

G

GirlAmerica

*Career choices
Am in technology, wanted to be in law enforcement/intelligence side for govt (which I did work for a time period, though I went back to the $ in technology)

*Friendships with the two genders (just plain gender ratios of who makes up your friend circles/how do you connect with other females/etc.)
1 best friend ENTJ since kindergarten
other general friendships are either with men or other thinker women. Somehow I always end up with ENTJ women I naturally connect with.
Feeler women and I do not hit it off.

*Paranoias
That I am over stepping my relationship boundaries/assuming more than what is..which actually I end up being more conservative and they see me as cold and detatched

*Feelings re: tattoos/piercings
I have one ear pieced twice, the other once
I have two tats (hidden) both of significant emotional attachment/my grandmothers rosary around my belly button and another symbolic of my children on my lower back

*religion
Non-denom christian

*academic interest areas
behavior/science/math
I see most everything in life as a math equation..odd as that may sound

*types of guys you are romantically attracted to
Very strong thinkers, independent.....I like feelers too who engage in deep thinking also.

*sports
BIG 10 FOOTBALL! and I will try anything once

*music (what you listen to/what instruments you play)
3doors down/earshot/mat kearney/tori amos/godsmack etc

*social skills (because we can be all over the map, from the limited previous evidence volunteered by female INTJs on these boards)
I prefer to spend my time as very quality with those I care deeply about. I dont care to chit chat, I dont care to do most of the socializing that 'girls' do, I do not gossip, I do not go to lunch with co-workers.
I also need to dis-engage if I get overwhelmed.
I belong to one other forum, which is news/politics based. Other than that...I want to come and go as I please.....and most people see me as very quiet and as stuck-up.....unless I choose that they know me well enough to 'see' who I am....(and that is the truth).

*parental relationships
my parents both suck, a drug addict nurse ESFJ mother and a dad that is a cop that I have yet to type ISXP. I am endeared to my paternal grandparents who I have lost both in the past few years. They are forever held somewhere no one else can ever begin to enter in my heart. I will carry on their values and traditions into the lives of my own children.

*interest in kids
I have 3 (two biological, one adopted). Three is overwhelming at times. I love to spend time with them one on one. They are my life and who I give myself and my energy to at this time.

*how you act when you're in charge or leading something
minus the feeling, and all logic......people dont necessarily like my straight- forwardness.

*extra-curriculars
I love love love to read. I am not into tv or movies. If the TV is on it is on the news/discovery/history channel. Just attended a WW2 airplane show.
I would say a perfect evening would be an outdoor concert in the summer-time. I also love festivals....
I spend a lot of time at my childrens sports etc. *cheerleader
gardening

*favorite authors/books/etc.
currently reading The Reagan Letters.
I love history/non-fiction etc. Especially WW2

*favorite movies/directors/actors/tv shows etc.
Josh Harnett/Christain Bale/Liam Neeson.....BATMAN.....:wubbie:
Black Hawk Down/Midnight Clear etc

*Pet Peeves!!
bad breath
people who touch me physically that i dont have a bond with
know it all's
dysfunctional sensor-feelers such as my mother
emotional fence-sitters
people whose words and actions dont match

*how good are you with money
good/planning for the future/not in debt except house renovation

*do you feel uncomfortable/out of character in a girly dress and a situation where you have to do the typical Girly Stuff?
No, I dont care to interact with girly-girls...however I am not uncomfortable in my own version of girly in the least

*how do you dress
depending on the occasion....Audrey Hepburn/tom-boy at home when relaxing
I love pencil skirts, pearls and heels...although I can put on a flannel shirt and leggins and feel just as much myself

*vices
caffeine, high quality clothes, purses and shoes....ISTJ men :smile:

*known areas of inter-relational problems
If I am vunerable (which is rare and a choice) and someone gives me a signal they arent sure of their feelings I am destroyed. The rest of the population, I could care less about. I am way too trusting, it has burned me.

*known areas of information acquiring problems (i.e. study methods/tips/areas of weakness/how you use your strengths to gather information)
I am an information gathering machine......I know a little about a whole lot of things and am an expert on a few things that I know inside and out.

*are you a visual/auditory/interactive/argumentative etc. learner?
visual/interactive

*early riser vs. night hawk?
I prefer the day, however my ENTJ best friend is a nigh hawk and keeps me up far too late on the phone

*what do you find endearing
kindness, vunerablity balanced with strength

*who were you in high school
I had a passion for the smart nerds because I loved their brains although I caved into the popular group because that is where there was the least problems to deal with.....and I didnt know myself well at all....I always felt odd because the girly-girls and I were polar opposites.....

*expressing emotion in front of others
only those I truly trust

*gift giving and receiving
giver...receiving is painful

*touchy-feeliness
high with my children/high with the man in my life if we are emotionally healthy

*sex drive
M E O W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*messiness/organization of living environment
clean and organized, not OCD........though I wish I were....ha

*time spent daydreaming
more distracted by reading/thinking about subjects at hand etc...not necessarily daydreaming....

*most crazy plan you schemed and succeeded with
adopt a child in a foreign country(decided this in Jr. High)

*fears
being blindsided by something emotional.....anything else, bring it on!

*hand tool adeptness
:huh: I think I am missing something in this question? like a drill?

*traveling
I love to travel, especially road trips!

*phobias
that I will be like my mother

*life goals
be one of Charlie's Angels......:D

*things that make you stressed
details......pressure emotionally

*things that make you awkward in situations
I have adapted and do well for the most part

*death: how you deal/what you think about it
it is apart of life, and this is only the beginning.....of eternity

*what do you see as the point of life?
the main point of being is to be as efficient and useful in your life as possible, bringing as many people as you love and know to see in you a reason to want to explore the inner understanding and grace placed upon you by God......because that is the summary of what my existance will ultimately be.

shew, that was A LOT of sharing!

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
I'd be quite interested to know how INTJ's in general score in that Enneagram test.

Supposedly most fit into 5, which is the enquirer.

Usehername

On a mission
I'd be quite interested to know how INTJ's in general score in that Enneagram test.

Supposedly most fit into 5, which is the enquirer.

5w6 but i was a 3(i think?) when i was younger; the "need to be seen as successful without failure" part of me. it was unhealthy.

creativeRhino

MBTI Type
INTJ
*Career choices
originally wanted to be a motor mechanic. In Australia in the 70s there were no female motor mechanics. I am petite. I got laughed at for trying, but try I did. Did arts at Uni = no job. Did business computing and worked in a very INTJ appropriate set of roles in a male dominated industry (male dominated industries tend to pay better as an added bonus). Now I am trying Ceramics. A great technically challenging art form. A lifetime of learning awaits....

*Friendships with the two genders (just plain gender ratios of who makes up your friend circles/how do you connect with other females/etc.)
At school I only had a 1 or 2 female friends at a time. From University onwards and in work I tended to collect male friends (again 2-5 in my life at any time). My 2 closest male friends are INTJ (one for sure, and one my estimation). I have 2 female friends - one is INTJ and the other I haven't analysed. She is probably an ENFJ. My late husband was an ENTJ - I was his plan de-bugger.

*Paranoias
Few if any.

"For those that like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing that they like".

*religion
Faith and belief need to be saved from organised religion. I am strongly influenced by christian and buddhist teachings. I believe in an "ethical life"

*academic interest areas
Anything that gets me curious I will at least do a quick explore of and it may become a big interest if interesting enough or is useful/applicable elsewhere in my life/activities.

*types of guys you are romantically attracted to (or, i suppose, females, too)
INTJs, ENTJ (married to one once), I think I'd need an I and an N but an INFJ might be nice....

*sports
Nothing competitive or expensive. Promotes health and can be useful Walking (urban and in the bush) cycling and pilates/yoga for body. I used to do weight training and running.

don't play anything. Love almost any kind of music - it really depends on each piece/performer. At the moment I am really into contemporary world music - esp African.

*social skills (because we can be all over the map, from the limited previous evidence volunteered by female INTJs on these boards)
Developed in a work environment. I learned to do "smooth and sociable" and even modest/brief "small talk" quite well. I am not a joiner. I don't hang out with others at lunch times / after work or study unless the people interest me and I can relax with them. My communication tends to be a bit direct for some folks. I am very good at extracting information/opinions from people for work and in social situations.

*parental relationships
good relationship with my Mother (probably an INTx) - very close. Dad also good - he was probably an INFP but not sure - but I had less in common with him. Both are long dead so I really haven't analysed them for a long time.

*interest in kids
ummmm. Biological clock only ticked a couple of times and I didn't hear it. Not real keen on little kids. Teenagers are a bit more fun. I enjoy my teenaged niece in small doses. Other people's children are great. You can give them back at the end of the day.....:D

I like leading only when nobody else will. I have a "plan" and I don't get bossy I just "keep measuring progress" and helping folks address obstacles to progress. I don't like asserting myself as the "boss", but will do if absolutely necessary.

*extra-curriculars
movies/reading/physical activities.

anything with chewy ideas about life/universe. I was a voracious reader when I was a kid. I was reading way ahead of my age. I like foreign writing by folks such as Amos Oz, McCall-Smith and the more classical stuff.

TV show - probable all time favourites are Northern Exposure and Six Feet Under. Many European and Asian director's work interests me.
Movies that come to mind are "blood simple", "Fargo", "The lives of others".

*Pet Peeves!!
whinny types - who complain and have the ability to fix something but won't.
airheads.

Very good. A wallet retentive. Never spent more than a certain % of what I've earned. Don't want "stuff" want travel and adventure (my biggest 2 budget items!)

*do you feel uncomfortable/out of character in a girly dress and a situation where you have to do the typical Girly Stuff?
I own only 3 dresses and 1 skirt - they only get worn on very special occassions when a trouser suit would look to "business like". Don't do makeup and have low maintenance short hair. I only just managed to keep myself within corporate dress standards - good clothes but grooming a bit "too simple" was the criticism.

some girly stuff is OK, to me it is kind of like playing psycho-social "dress-ups" something that I try out just to remind myself how fun but silly it all seems.

*how do you dress
very simple casual. No big brands - often just plain kids wear (I am small enough and the stuff costs less!). All my shoes bar one pair of formal shoes can be walked in very comfortably. No heels!

*vices
chocolate, red wine, sweet food.

being too analytical of others (seeing through them) bugs people.
often too direct with folks.
I disappear when social stuff gets boring/tedious.

*known areas of information acquiring problems (i.e. study methods/tips/areas of weakness/how you use your strengths to gather information) I've got a good memory as long as I don't try to "memorise" I have to understand! If bored I slack off - so I need to use willpower to keep going when I need to do something for work or study that bores me.

a bit of everyting. It depends on the teacher and subject for me.

I've been both - but overall an early riser.

endearing? ? ? ?

invisible until bullies wanted a target....
a nerdy girl who got on with most teachers (so that didn't help with the previous thing...)

When I know and trust somebody my emotions can be expressed fairly freely but otherwise fairly hard to read. "dispassionate" probably describes how people who don't know me well would describe me.

I am anal about getting something somebody would like and expect others to do likewise - I hate "token"/"standard" gifts! I don't tend to make a big deal about occassions (birthdays xmas etc) but if I find something for somebody I tend to give it soon after I find it and say it is an early present for....xxxxx.

*touchy-feeliness
can be - but only with folks I trust.

*sex drive
Sigh. I need a meeting of minds before the body stuff really works.

organised but not necessarily perfectly neat. Tends to very simple / practical decor.

*time spent daydreaming
more than I should somedays...

Turning my hobby of ceramics into something I might do full time (a work in progress...)
My IT career. I managed to do it with much lower hours and work than others by ruthless planning and scoping.

*fears
Fear itself.
Oh, OK, maybe being stuck on a desert Island with a lot of helpless airheads....

*hand tool adeptness
excellent. I've laid floors, fixed cars, all sorts of things. will bite if anybody comments "you're good at that for a woman". I have an extensive toolset.

*traveling
adventure - UK, Europe (solo), across Asia (solo and group tour), South East Asia (solo), NZ hiking and cycling. Africa (camping safari as a single traveller) and general exploration in more urban areas as a solo traveller. Local (Australian) roadtrips - solo. Last year I did a 10 day 3000km trip by myself.

*phobias
not keen on spiders but see fears....

*life goals
constantly evolving... always have them but not "set" on them - some of life's best things have been detours (forced and voluntary!)

people who don't think and are "helpless" whinners.

see previous point. I want to fix or shut them up, but have to be polite and caring. Oh, I have empathy (yes, really) but only for really worthy causes...

Having lost both parents (mother to cancer, dad to heart trouble) and various other friends to diseases accidents AND having had to care for my husband while he died of a brain tumour about 5 years ago, I know how uncertain life is. "life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease".
To quote my late husband - "I'm not afraid of death, but just darned worried about the last days/moments". That's why I don't take goals anywhere near as seriously as I used to...

learn, develop oneself, do no harm and try to leave something in the world a bit better because you existed. (not a "monumental achievement", it might be just little differences that don't last except in people's memories)
"Life is uncertain, eat dessert first" and "Control is just an illusion".

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5w6 but i was a 3(i think?) when i was younger; the "need to be seen as successful without failure" part of me. it was unhealthy.

Strange, I get 5w6 as well...

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
What is a double digit pie baking experience? It sounds kind of scary. :shock:

32 pounds of apples
2 pounds of lard
cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar

It's scary if you don't have an automatic / electric apple peeler. The end result is mouthwatering however :D

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Career choices
Techy stuff.

Friendships with the two genders
Primarily males.

Paranoias
N/A

Why would you do something so permanent to your body? I think it's short sighted.

religion
Agnostic.

academic interest areas
Health, biology, technology.

types of guys you are romantically attracted to
Smart men with a nasty streak.

sports
Individual sports; swimming, weight lifting, running.

music
Just about anything but country.

social skills
Great when I choose to use them.

parental relationships
Excellent; my parents are also friends.

interest in kids
Never had this, never will.

Plan, plan, and plan. And have a backup, backup plan.

extra-curriculars
Competitive swimming, horseback riding while in school.

I love books. I can't pick between them.

TV shows: Battlestar Galactica, Dexter, Deadwood, Babylon 5, Dead Like Me
Movies: Matrix, Empire Strikes Back, Princess Bride, Lost in Translation, LA Confidential, Citizen Kane

Pet Peeves!!

Stupid people.

Good.

do you feel uncomfortable/out of character in a girly dress and a situation where you have to do the typical Girly Stuff?
I don't do girly. I can do slutty, though.

how do you dress
Is it clean? Does it fit OK? If it satisfies these criteria I will wear it.

vices
I can become obsessive at the drop of a hat if not careful.

I have high standards and will eventually cut people out of my life if they let me down too many times.

known areas of information acquiring problems
None. If I want to acquire information I do, if I'm not interested, then it isn't a problem.

Visual. Don't tell me instruction, let me see them and I'll remember in such detail it's frightening.

Early riser.

Animals.

The New Kid. The Outsider.

Depends on the emotion and the other.

Prefer to give than receive.

touchy-feeliness
Rarely.

sex drive
Like that of a 20 yo male lately.

Organized to my liking. It may look less than 'neat' but everything is where it is because I put it there.

time spent daydreaming
Most of it.

Not sure how to answer this one.

fears
Being misunderstood. Losing my family. Not being able to understand something.

hand tool adeptness
Above average.

traveling
Love to travel; do so often.

Loss of control.

When emotion is expected of me and I don't feel it, or want to 'fake' it.

I didn't used to think about it. Now it's a little frightening. It's an unknown; I haven't known many people who've died.

I wish I knew if there was a point. Another thing I didn't used to think much about.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
...do you feel uncomfortable/out of character in a girly dress and a situation where you have to do the typical Girly Stuff?
I don't do girly. I can do slutty, though....
LOL :devil:

Mendacity

You know, I'm really interested to hear about other female INTJ romantic relationships. Mine are strange and (it seems) abnormal. And it's something that I worry about.
Another thing I'd be interested to hear is the INTJ female perception of gender roles and the idea of gender equality.

fiona

MBTI Type
INTJ
Fiona, INTJ, lurker mostly(!):

*Career choices:
I'm an emergency medicine specialist, then I trained in family medicine, now I'm back on the EM track as of December. I'm also a ceramic artist and (unusually for an INTJ) a fiction writer.

*Friendships with the two genders (just plain gender ratios of who makes up your friend circles/how do you connect with other females/etc.):
I don't have close friendships - I have huge trust issues. I love the idea of sharing my life with someone or having a close friend, but as soon as things start heading that way I panic and slam up the walls.

*Paranoias:
people finding out stuff about me and broadcasting it to the world (weird, because I actually haven't done anything that awful)

*Feelings re: tattoos/piercings:
Not interested.

*religion:
Agnostic

*academic interest areas:
Medicine, obviously; I hate all forms of woo. I love art and have to create regularly or I go bonkers.

*types of guys you are romantically attracted to (or, i suppose, females, too):
extravert artists, people who laugh and are optimistic, gentle and thoughtful.

*sports:
I like rugby. Especially when we beat the Aussies.

*music (what you listen to/what instruments you play):
Classical. I sing - folk, choral, opera, whatever appeals. I hate the transience of pop and all associated music. if it's not going to be around in 20 years, why bother?

*social skills (because we can be all over the map, from the limited previous evidence volunteered by female INTJs on these boards):
I have good superficial social abilities; I throw big dinner parties, get on well at work. It's the personal stuff where it all goes tits-up.

*parental relationships:
My father is dead, my mother only likes me when I do exactly what she wants and agree with her narcissistic worldview.

*interest in kids:
I like older kids but I can't stand babies. I'm about 5 years from the menopause, and remarkably unbothered about not having had kids.

*how you act when you're in charge or leading something:
I lead when I'm in a leadership role, ie at work the rest of the time, well, someone else summed it up: I don't lead until everyone I'm working with has proven themselves incompetent, but when I take charge I lay everything down clearly, logically, and organize things to get the job done as well as possible.

*extra-curriculars:
ceramic artist. Writer. Animal-lover.

*favorite authors/books/etc.:
I read voraciously, mostly fiction, especially literary fiction. I like a bit of meat to my reading. I own thousands of books.

*favorite movies/directors/actors/tv shows etc.:
I like House, but I don't actually have a TV (not since 1996)

*Pet Peeves!!:
hypocrisy. lying. deliberate obtuseness.

*how good are you with money:
I'm not very aquisitive, but my money goes on books, my garden and my other hobbies.

*do you feel uncomfortable/out of character in a girly dress and a situation where you have to do the typical Girly Stuff?:
A bit. I've learned not to get into those situations.

*how do you dress:
Plain, classic clothes. if I could afford designer then Armani would be my style.

*vices:
perfectionism. self-criticism. fear of intimacy (and I mean real, overwhelming panic, not the usual chick-magazine type)

*known areas of inter-relational problems:
Being touched, probably because my parents stopped having any physical contact with me when I was around 6 years old.

*known areas of information acquiring problems (i.e. study methods/tips/areas of weakness/how you use your strengths to gather information):
I learn stuff and then self sabotage, convincing myself I'm not going to succeed. Unfortunately, in the last few exams I've taken, it's had a detrimantal effect.

*are you a visual/auditory/interactive/argumentative etc. learner?:
I can learn any way. Just toss the information at me.

*early riser vs. night hawk?:
Night hawk.

*what do you find endearing:
someone who sees when I'm panicking in an emotional situation and takes charge.

*who were you in high school:
The outsider, probably because I always wondered how, if my parents hated me, I could expect anyone else to like me.

*expressing emotion in front of others:
I avoid it.

*gift giving and receiving:
I love working out what people like and buying them things. Price is immaterial as long as I know they'll like it. I've trained myself to receive gifts (and compliments) with grace.

*touchy-feeliness:
Terrifies me. I'm ashamed to have anyone touch me.

*sex drive:
low-normal.

*messiness/organization of living environment:
messy but not filthy.

*time spent daydreaming:
50%

*most crazy plan you schemed and succeeded with:
I don't do craziness.

*fears:
failing to achieve, making a mistake (especially a medical one)

*hand tool adeptness:
Very good. I do all my own DIY as there's never anyone to do it for me.

*traveling:
I have spent much of my working life in different countries.

*phobias:
Spiders, scorpions, crocodiles and sharks. And I hate it when it's misty at night.

*life goals:
Create and achieve. have a home and garden that I love and that feels safe.

*things that make you stressed:
not knowing what's expected of me. My mother.

*things that make you awkward in situations:
I can't do small talk.

*death: how you deal/what you think about it:
Not hugely bothered, except that I have animals that depend on me.

*what do you see as the point of life?: I've never felt it has a point. It just is.

Last edited:

creativeRhino

MBTI Type
INTJ
Fiona -

Ceramics would have to be one of the few arts that need INTJ-ness unless the artist likes totally totally unpredictable random results (which is what you get if you don't understand the clay/glaze/firing things)

fiona

MBTI Type
INTJ
yes - there are a lot of male engineering types in ceramics whose main interest is glaze formulae!

I like working on the wheel - I throw in porcelain and get great joy from the act of creating from wet clay.

Nonpareil

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ok, I think I can take some time to answer these questions. I like to hear what other female INTJ have to say about this, thanks for putting this together usehername! :devil: This information may be very useful! Unfortunately, I think the best use of this information is for information gathering and then manipulation ...I don't want to be giving away too much to the enemy...:devil:

This post is way too long, you'll have to read my blog to get the long answer because I'll abbreviate what I really wrote, apparently I talk too much. If anyone have any questions about my answers or would like me to elaborate, then you will have to suffer through my blog and post there, because to get me to reveal to you the inner workings of this INTJ, you will have to work for it.

But here goes:

Career choices
I'm still not sure what I really want to do. Probably be my own boss or be a project manager or something...

Friendships with the two genders (just plain gender ratios of who makes up your friend circles/how do you connect with other females/etc.)Three guys and one girl - close friends.

Paranoias
I don't know if I have paranoias. I have major trust issues. I think the only person I really trust, and even that is limited, is pt, my fiancé.

I only have one piercing in each ear and no tattoos. Other than that, I don't care what other people want to do with their body.

religion
Agnostic

academic interest areas
Math, Biology, Chemistry and Physics

types of guys you are romantically attracted to (or, i suppose, females, too)
First impression attractions : Looks, confidence and personality
Generally, I have to get to know them, they have to challenge me and must be intelligent with motivation to do more in life.

sports
I've never been allowed to join or participate in any sports when I was in school, other than gym class. Although I do enjoy swimming.

music (what you listen to/what instruments you play)
I was never good at playing instruments.
As for music I listen to, pretty much anything...depends on my mood.

social skills (because we can be all over the map, from the limited previous evidence volunteered by female INTJs on these boards)
Well, all the jobs I had had to deal with people and I'm very good at that but I'm definitely not one who initiates conversations or prefers to have conversations with people I don't know.

parental relationships
I get along just fine with my parents. I don't really know my dad...

interest in kids
No, not for me. I may adopt in the future.

I love being in charge and leading, I think I'm good at it.

extra-curriculars
I didn't have any at school, I wasn't allowed.

I don't know if I have favorite authors. I just love to read.

I'm not sure, I don't know how to answer that. Too many to choose from, I don't watch movies or the t.v. that much.

Pet Peeves!!
I don't know, where should I start? I don't like being around people that smoke, smoke around me or smells like smoke. I don't like heavy drinkers or people that smell like booze all the time.

I'm very good with money.

No, I don't mind being "feminine". I like to dress up occasionally but I'm not one who spends hours in front of the mirror getting ready.

how do you dress
Right now, I like to wear comfortable clothes when I'm going out and not working. Monday-Fridays, when I work, I wear business attire.

vices
Sweets - I love dessert, the sweeter the better. I love candy, white chocolate and most desserts after every meal, in-between meals and all the time.

I don't like to go out and do things with friends. It requires a lot of work/energy for me to call a friend, return a call/e-mail and hang out. I don't mind it once I go out, but I always dread doing it.

known areas of information acquiring problems (i.e. study methods/tips/areas of weakness/how you use your strengths to gather information)
I am inherently good at acquiring information and absorbing information for when I need it.

I'm a visual learner.

Night hawk but with my work schedule, I am forced to be an early riser, although if I had it my way....

I love animals

I was the shy, quiet smart girl who never stood out.

It's hard to read me but When I get pushed too far, usually by my family, I get unreasonably and uncontrollably emotional.

I believe there has to be a balance in any relationship with giving and taking and if it's not there, I usually end the relationship.

touchy-feeliness
Only with my significant other.

sex drive
I think it's normal

At work, I like things very orderly and in a particular order. At home, I don't like messiness or dirtiness, but that is all according to my own views.

time spent daydreaming
If by daydreaming, you mean thinking of things...all the time.

Can't say....

fears
Where should I start? I'm scared of heights, spiders, any bugs/creepy crawlies, germs, dirty things, ...

hand tool adeptness
I manage, I can do what needs to be done and figure it out but I rather have other people do the job.

traveling
I love it and I want to do lots of it. I can't afford to now but I plan to in the future. I want to see the world many many times....

phobias
I have many phobias as well: fear of open high places, pain, spiders, insects and I'm sure there's more...

life goals
To learn more, to gain as much experiences as possible and to find myself.

Not being in control of the situation, unable to control or take control of something/situation.

Too much attention - I hate attention being drawn to me directly or indirectly. I hate public speaking and having to make a speech in front of an audience. I hate dancing in public, you will never catch me dancing unless it's practiced and rehearsed.

I don't like funerals or cemeteries, I prefer to move on and accept this as a part of life. I will respect the dead and remember them for what they lived for but I don't believe in dwelling on it.

I still wonder about that.

How rare do you find your personality or you gender to be in your career field?
I'm not really set on a career yet but I think in what I plan on doing (although I can't verbalize my plans), I think my personality type will dominate in that career field but probably not so much my gender. Already there are very few INTJ women in the world, I just don't think all of them think the same and that they want such large (probably unrealistic) goals in my career as I do....:blush:

How much negative stereotyping have you had to deal with in your career?
I find that there are a lot of stereotyping in general in life and in everything that people do. Right now, I wouldn't say I'm in a career I want to stay in so I don't think I can answer your question. People always stereotype and for me, as a fairly attractive, young and very opinionated woman, I believe that I am stereotyped a lot.

Do you think negative stereotyping comes more from men in your field or women outside your field?
I think both men and women stereotype and it's about the same for both. I don't care what people think of me, I live life the way I want and the way it makes me happy. I inherently can get along with people and crush those stereotypes, if I felt it was worth my time to but generally, yeah, stereotypes happen and I think it just varies depending on whether it's a guy or a girl - but it still happens none the less.

You know, I'm really interested to hear about other female INTJ romantic relationships. Mine are strange and (it seems) abnormal. And it's something that I worry about.
I spent a lot of my life crushing on guys but never acting on it. In high school, I had probably a new crush every one to three weeks but most of the guys I crushed over never knew I existed. I got my first boyfriend in grade 12. He was a bad boy type and the complete opposite of me. I think I was attracted to him because he offered me an escape from my family and a way to rebel, relatively safely from my family (my family hated this guy). I ended breaking up with him when I found out he's been cheating on me for the past year. Hence why I hate cheaters!

Then I gave up on guys for awhile but decided that being friends with them was okay, I then spent about three years hanging out and just being friends with many guys. I did go on the occasional date with a guy that I met and had a crush on but I wasn't looking for a serious relationship and nothing developed from them. Most of the guys I hung out with was cool to talk to and I learned a lot about men - because they were all different. I had the artsy type, the bad boy type, the testosterone based ones, the nerds, the cool guys, etc. Most of them treated me as one of the guys...but for some reason, I'm not friends with most of them anymore - not since I started seriously dating pt (my fiancé now).

My next serious relationship was with my now fiancé. I'm very happy with him and I don't think our relationship would be as wonderful if it wasn't for the many experiences I had in the past and in his past. We are perfect for each other, we understand each other and most of all, we are open with each other. I trust him most of all, probably more than I will ever trust anyone else. I've never been happier, and I wasn't even looking for someone when I found him! :hug:

Another thing I'd be interested to hear is the INTJ female perception of gender roles and the idea of gender equality.
Gender roles. I believe in equality but I do have a certain way I think things should be. I don't believe in the guy having a certain role and the woman having a certain role, it's more on how equally shared the two roles are. If a woman is the main bread-winner (so to say), the man should do his share in chores to make up for not working or not being able to pay the bills or vice versa.
Gender equality: I think people should do whatever they enjoy and whatever they want. I don't think there should be a stereotyped guy's job or women's job but I do acknowledge that generally there are some things that one sex may be better at doing or more physically capable of doing. I'm not saying though that even with physical or any other limitations that one should avoid or reject the other sex from doing it, I'm just saying that all of us do have limits. I don't think it's fair to stereotype but one shouldn't insist on doing something just to be different or to stand out from that gender role that society and culture put on us. People should be allowed to do what they want, if that is what they really want.

Usehername

On a mission
*Career choices
health care/psychology/unknown
I played sports in school so I had lots of female friends who also played sports, generally the popular girls, but socialized with males more often. My best friends from high school are all guys. My gap year program brought me many blessings of many meaningful relationships with both genders.
*Paranoias
People finding out how much I am afraid of failure (although I am comfortable enough vocalizing that in general, I don't think people know how important it is to me to not fail). People seeing me with emotions is fine, but not in the sense that I don't have control over them. I very much dislike that.
Against facial piercings because I find them distracting when I'm conversing with a person. Swing between wanting a (hidden) meaningful tattoo/wanting to be a purist and keep my body like how I was born/being scared of committing to a tattoo for the rest of my life and then hating it within a few years.
*religion
Christian.
*academic interest areas
chemistry & psychology are my favorites
*types of guys you are romantically attracted to (or, i suppose, females, too)
the Nerdy Jocks who are both very knowledge-hungry or committed to learning, and moderately to exceptionally athletic. You'd be surprised how many nerds there are that are athletic and how many jocks there are that are nerdy. It just takes some digging.
*sports
Volleyball/baseball/hiking/biking
Classic Rock when I'm feeling like I want to listen to quality music, bluegrass country when I want to listen to music that just sounds good to me regardless of the "worthiness"/folk rock. I play a handful of instruments but am mediocre at them all.
Pwned. But I have to turn them on and sometimes I forget and look snobby/give people the cold shoulder accidentally.
*parental relationships
Alright. Could be worse. My dad is pretty cool.
*interest in kids
Definitely want to have a handful of kids. When I'm older. I like very little children (younger than 5) and kids old enough to sit and have a real conversation with (12+) but have little patience for the in between stages. Small doses are fine and I'm sure with my kids I'll enjoy them as much as the next parent.
Like an ENFJ. It's the most efficient & effective way.
*extra-curriculars
general sports/music/etc.
Neal Stephenson. But I haven't read very much of him, I'll admit. Richard Feynman's books are amazing. I also very much liked Fifth Business and Slaughterhouse Five.
Loved Alias.
*Pet Peeves!!
People who feel the need to talk just because there is another person in the room. People who don't respect my personal space. People who talk during class; it's very rude to both the instructor and your fellow classmates who are paying to get an education. I also very much dislike getting my clothes dirty which is slightly embarrassing b/c I have always considered myself "one of the boys". But it bothers me in the sense that I finally have figured out how to dress myself decently, and I hate shopping. So I want these to last a solid half-decade. Then I'll go shopping again.
I also hate being cold. Even in Africa I wore a zip-up light fleece after supper every night. I am a terrible Canadian.
Good in saving, but bad with gadget-splurging or major investment purchasing. I always go for quality if I buy something important.
Yes. But I can fake it really well now. I feel like people are watching me b/c they know I don't know how to behave when I'm all done up. (They are, though, so it's a fair assessment.)
*how do you dress
Jeans/dark pants/khaki shorts and a solid colored , fitted shirt. The most dressy pair of sneakers (what do americans call it? We call them "runners") I can buy. If they are inappropriate to wear, I'm probably wearing dressy clothing anyway so then I wear nice shoes.
*vices
The internet. Sleep. My personal time.
I can be bitchy when I'm even the slightest bit stressed/tired. I try to watch it but fail sometimes.
*known areas of information acquiring problems (i.e. study methods/tips/areas of weakness/how you use your strengths to gather information)
I have serious concentration/self-discipline issues. I could be doing so much better in school. I'm an above-average student, and while I'm no genius, I shoud be excelling. I leave things until the last minute and then stress when I have too much to do and too little time and need to triage and cut things out. This also stresses me out and makes me bitchy, which means it's something that I should seriously figure out how to overcome.
I'm terribly bad at paying attention to my surroundings. I have a visual imagination, but cannot seem to register the Visual Reality Details into my brain very well. I have not figured out yet where my strengths for learning are.
I aspire to be an early riser; when it's been imposed upon me I loved it for my productivity and sleeping habits, I tend to fall into night hawk b/c I lack self-discipline.
NF boys, shy three year olds, when people find me endearing, when INTJ or ISTJ females show their Fi all I can think of is :hug: we are bonding right nwo and you don't even know it!
The floater who fit in with everybody but didn't go to the social gatherings. I had a handful of best friends from every social group that I didn't spend very much time with but loved it when I did.
Positive emotions = reinforcing and deepening relationships = good and no problems; upset/personal emotions = very stressful. I don't deal with it well in front of others. I get embarrassed/stressed and feel these emotions are private and not for public viewing.
I am bad at receiving gifts unless it is from my rich relatives. I hate the obligation that comes with this and the potential for screwing up.
*touchy-feeliness
Avoid physical contact with most, feel desire to crawl all over other people in an effort to find their soul better for a few. I suppress this desire but it is there.
*sex drive
Probably normal for a 21 year old.
Clean as opposed to dirty; messy as opposed to organized. I also go into uber-organization mode every few weeks where my room is perfect.
*time spent daydreaming
95% of it. Seriously this is bad I don't know how to escape. See study problems above.
Am good with convincing any guy to do anything. I always have good intentions and would never get them to do anything really stupid/against their values; it's not to toy with them. But I love the success factor that comes with it.
*fears
i think what I listed for phobias is more appropriate here.
*hand tool adeptness
None. my dad is an ENFP and knows nothing about tools; my family is generally inept at this. Had no one to teach me.
*traveling
Have been to Africa, US, and a little bit of Europe.
*phobias
mild phobia to horses
*life goals
Become more like Christ every day; live my values. Walk the talk.
When people take up my time and I left something too late. Finding something appropriate to wear for a formal occasion. People who are overly emotional - although there are some NFs who can do anything in front of me emotionally and it doesn't take me off. Only some NFs though.
Compliments I can't deflect with self-deprecation.
Poorly in practice, fine in theory.
Relationships. And new experiences/new people strengthen the ties between them.

kristin

MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay, I'll jump in, for the sake of research. (And because I have some time to kill on a Sunday.)

Career choices
Past choices included teaching, management, and starting my own business (in that order). Currently searching for a new career, maybe as a writer.

Friendships with the two genders (just plain gender ratios of who makes up your friend circles/how do you connect with other females/etc.)
Have friends of both genders, but mostly female. (Around 75% F and 25% M.) Best communication with other female friends has been with INFJ, ENTP, and ISFP. While I don't relate to the terms "gay" and "straight", I am married to a female ESFP. We usually balance each other out - but sometimes drive each other nuts.

Don't have any tattoos. Would like to, but haven't found anything I like well enough to put it on my body for all eternity.

religion
I have some contempt for those who think they have figured everything out and judge others accordingly. I just don't think we can ever know. I enjoy religion as more of an academic study than a set of rigid rules and beliefs to live by. I keep an open mind.

academic interest areas
Foreign languages, english/literature, geography, psychology... I really like everything. The least interesting class I ever took was statistics.

types of guys you are romantically attracted to (or, i suppose, females, too)
Confidence but not arrogance, people who have a talent/passion about something. And kudos for your open-minded wording of the question! :)

sports
Not very into sports, at least I don't like to watch them. If I'm actually playing the sport myself, tennis is probably my favorite. I'm not very athletic, though.

music (what you listen to/what instruments you play)
Listen to music of all kinds. Favorite band: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Love Les Miserables. I play the piano and songwrite sometimes.

social skills (because we can be all over the map, from the limited previous evidence volunteered by female INTJs on these boards)
Much better developed after two years of teaching high school. It's the best thing I got out of it. Helped me develop E and F somewhat.

parental relationships
Get along very well with my ESTJ father. Emotionally overwhelmed by my INFP mother.

interest in kids
Completely out of my element with kids under 7 or so. Love older kids, especially inquisitive ones. Would like to have kids someday.

Analyze the hell out of it alone, then get input from others, then make a final decision.

Stephen King, especially the Dark Tower series. Reluctantly agreed to read the Harry Potter series and fell in love.

The Princess Bride, Lost, Star Trek: The Next Generation. Can't stand soap operas.

Pet Peeves!!
Small talk about the obvious (i.e., "Boy, it's cold outside, isn't it?" while shivering)

Not. I make endless budgets and then don't stick to them.

Don't mind dressing girly once in a while, especially for social events. Only concentrate on looking nice when I'm going out or people are coming over. At home - no makeup, jeans and tank top.

vices
Smoking. I love it and I hate that I love it.

Trying to rationally analyze a situation instead of concentrating on the other person's feelings. Low respect for incompetent people of all levels, but usually keep my disdain to myself in the workplace. Argue like an attorney in romatic relationships, but I'm getting better.

Visual

Nighthawk.

Honesty and loyalty.

Straight A student. Inquisitive. Helped others but would not let them copy. Think Hermione from Harry Potter. :)

Very open with emotion with those I am close to. Wear my heart and opinions on my sleeve. Very closed with emotion around those I don't know.

touchy-feeliness
Usually ok if I'm the initiator (which is not very often.) I don't like touchy-feeliness from others when I am concentrating intently on something. I get irritable and grouchy.

Engage in an endless cycle of cluttering things up for days, getting irritated that things are cluttered, deep cleaning and organizing everything in the house for an entire day, and starting to clutter things up again. Wish I could keep things neat all the time but I don't.

time spent daydreaming
All of the time! But more like analyzing future possibilities...

fears
Mostly that something will happen to a loved one and I won't be able to stop it/ protect them.

traveling
My favorite hobby of all time. Fascinated by all places. Studied abroad in Mexico.

life goals
To find a career that I love. I want to wake up every morning excited about my job. To accomplish important things and not waste precious time.

Money is the number one thing by far that stresses me out. Having things hanging over my head that need to get done. Feeling like I'm not living up to my potential.

Only fear the death of loved ones.

To improve yourself and others, to learn, to contribute to this world, to enjoy it and not let it pass you by.