• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How to spot an NT

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I need some help trying to find ways to identify NT's in public/school/work etc.
I'm really sick of all my sensor friends, there too S and in the here and now and i need to make an NT friend somehow. Can anyone supply some tips?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Introverted NT - Weird computer/gaming nerds :D

Extroverted NT - I have noticed they tend to be talented, and charming in a very weird way.

All the NT's I have met in school are very...weird. The introverted ones just don't seem to be able to get away with being so weird and the extroverted ones do.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Sarcasm. A concept mastered by only the Few Elicited

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sarcasm? NT?

Nooooo.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
Spotting them is difficult. I'm an INTP studying mechanical engineering and I only 1 other NT.
The tell tale sighs are:
Over-theorization (spelling?) of principals both complex and simple
Often times an unkept appearance, especially if your looking on an engineering quadrangle
Laughing to ones self, possibly resulting in odd stares from other non NTs
An interest in nerdy things

I give off the impression of being an extrovert with a theoretical mind so most people don't know I'm a classic INTP unless they know me well. It can be hard to find because as I'm sure you know we can sequester ourselves well.
I say instead of looking for specifically NTs, search for intelligent people who enjoy a good conversation. It's always nice to engage in an argument with an S or F who can actually think critically, as hard to find as they are............oops

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Take a small periscope with you wherever you go. NTs aren't visible in mirrors.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ That is why I really have a compact mirror, so I can find NT's.

I almost fell for it, almost

Almost?

There was absolutely nothing to fall for. Not at all.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
something in the eyes and body language usually gives it away..

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
^ That is why I really have a compact mirror, so I can find NT's.

Almost?

There was absolutely nothing to fall for. Not at all.

Meaning, I didn't get the sarcasm at first. This is the internet, sarcasm meter not included.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Meaning, I didn't get the sarcasm at first. This is the internet, sarcasm meter not included.

I understand. That is a problem, is trying to figure out the sarcasm through text. That is why I put it into italics haha

But congrats on figuring me out

*puts thumbs up*

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yea, I know. Americans and Sarcasm that's like you ever gonna win the world soccership :)

racing.jpg

Hahaha Soccer Ball Of Sarcasm!

It strikes again, stupefying the weak, immobilizing all opponents!

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
Take all the people you know. Take out all the people who seem to really care a lot that the rules are followed. Then take out all the people who seem to care a great deal about how everyone else is feeling. Then take out the people you think would rather be doing something than talking or thinking about it. The people left might be NTs. Or it could just be a very rebellious group of lazy bastards.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's love in its purest form :D

With ups:

kahn-lehmann.jpg

And downs:

33619-151801_DEU_FUSSBALL_KAHN_ABSCHIED_MFRA111.jpg

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What of the middle ground, eh?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Random analogies and references to seemingly unrelated things. That's the tell-tale sign.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Especially pure love.

Copyoffish.jpg

This is my purest love :D

Oh, as a note: besides the sarcasm, NT's seem to have a certain aloofness about them.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
We had a thread about where you can spot an NT:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/16476-where-meet-different-nt-types.html

ENTJs will be at any store complaining about how long and inefficient the checkout line is while staring at their watch. ENTPs will be compulsively looking for things in their pockets and dropping their cell phones. INTPs seem like they spend an inordinate amount of time indoors playing video games, so better sign up for WoW. I can't say for sure about INTJs because I still believe that they are a myth like Big Foot or Medusa. I'm sure you can find them in some university lecture somewhere, if they do in fact exist. There or in an S&M dungeon.