• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ Behavior?

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
OK ENTJs, do you see yourself being like this?

My friend was laying out his current legal difficulties with employees (2 ex-employees and 1 current employee) this past weekend. It was a long story and I’m not going to bore you with it. Suffice it to say he and his lawyer are dealing with some women who appear to have made more errors in tactics and logic than one would deem possible.

But again, they likely thought he’d fold and pay them to just go away – making a convincing account unnecessary.

Far from that, he admitted that he’s been so bored lately with little to do but manage his business that his internal response has been “Bring it. Let’s kick some ass.”

The funniest part of his narrative (to me) was when he was quoting dialogue of one woman’s boyfriend saying “well, Mr. R is rather intimidating.” Then he paused for a moment and said “OK, I am kind of intimidating…” Yes dear, that whole ‘fast approaching freight train’ kind of intimidating.

Part of me is amused by all this, and the other part is thinking “stupid ENTJ.”

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Would you be so kind to sum that up a bit for a foreign speaker, I only see symbols ?!

Jaguar

OK ENTJs, do you see yourself being like this?

My friend was laying out his current legal difficulties with employees (2 ex-employees and 1 current employee) this past weekend. It was a long story and I’m not going to bore you with it. Suffice it to say he and his lawyer are dealing with some women who appear to have made more errors in tactics and logic than one would deem possible.

But again, they likely thought he’d fold and pay them to just go away – making a convincing account unnecessary.

Far from that, he admitted that he’s been so bored lately with little to do but manage his business that his internal response has been “Bring it. Let’s kick some ass.”

The funniest part of his narrative (to me) was when he was quoting dialogue of one woman’s boyfriend saying “well, Mr. R is rather intimidating.” Then he paused for a moment and said “OK, I am kind of intimidating…” Yes dear, that whole ‘fast approaching freight train’ kind of intimidating.

Part of me is amused by all this, and the other part is thinking “stupid ENTJ.”

Let me see if I understand this:

You write a convoluted post without any clarity whatsoever.
You ask ENTJs if the post is like them.
You have received no responses yet,
but went ahead anyway and thought the person was a: STUPID ENTJ?
That is logical to you?

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Let me see if I understand this:

You write a convoluted post without any clarity whatsoever.
You ask ENTJs if the post is like them.
You have received no responses yet,
but went ahead anyway and thought the person was a: STUPID ENTJ?
That is logical to you?

Let me clarify then.

If you were otherwise bored by life because your business was running like clockwork, would you find the prospect of facing a legal battle exhilarating simply because it was a new problem to resolve?

I apologize for the lack of clarity. The vagueness was intentional - I didn't want to include much in the way of details pertaining to a third party's difficulties.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
YES, absolutely. But if it would do harm to another person, I would compensate her after I beat her :D

Jaguar

Let me clarify then.

If you were otherwise bored by life because your business was running like clockwork, would you find the prospect of facing a legal battle exhilarating simply because it was a new problem to resolve?

I apologize for the lack of clarity. The vagueness was intentional - I didn't want to include much in the way of details pertaining to a third party's difficulties.

One of the greatest times in my life was when I was in a legal battle.
I buried the dishonest bastard.
But then I was sued.
I had to defend myself.

It gave me great pleasure to find out years later,
he ended up in a Federal Penitentiary.

That is not the same thing as: "I'm bored, so I'll get in a legal battle."

I can't even remotely identify with that nonsense.
It has no meaningful purpose.

BTW, you know for a fact the person you are referring to is an ENTJ, because?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ohohoh, here here, want a Xanax troo !!!!

What's a Xanax ? :D

Frank

Let me clarify then.

Possibly. I definitely get bored when things are running too smoothly and I do find myself looking for new problems to resolve. I would guess this too be fairly true for any NT though. Is it not?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm. The only times I actively spoiled for a fight was when I was otherwise in a bad place. Then my attitude becomes "If I cant have what I want Ill burn the whole thing down." If Im bored with a pet project Ill just take on a new one, or tweak the old idea.

In the case the OP described, if these women were really a problem then Id just do what was necessary to take them out and move on. Im not a fan of mess...or idiots.

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
You're in charge of a business. That business has a problem and there's nothing more pressing at the moment. To ignore it would be irresponsible, and to be irresponsible would provide a bad model for your present employees.

The possibility that he enjoys this is irrelevant, and I find the circular argument (he's an idiot, he did this thing, so it's idiotic, and so he's an idiot) insulting. Do your INTP thing and research the possibilities a little more, hmm?

Also, legal battles are fun. Some people are just unenlightened :D

Jaguar

You're in charge of a business. That business has a problem and there's nothing more pressing at the moment. To ignore it would be irresponsible, and to be irresponsible would provide a bad model for your present employees.

The possibility that he enjoys this is irrelevant, and I find the circular argument (he's an idiot, he did this thing, so it's idiotic, and so he's an idiot) insulting. Do your INTP thing and research the possibilities a little more, hmm?

Of course legal battles can be fun.
Hell, mine was better than sex.

But the question was asked:
"exhilarating simply because it was a new problem to resolve?"

That's very specific.

Hell, that's as idiotic as suggesting ENTJs would blow up their house,
just so they had a new problem to resolve.

ENTJs are goal-oriented. Efficient.

I don't grow weeds in my back yard, just so I have something to pull.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP

Dear lord - I'm sorry so many of you were offended by my calling him a "stupid ENTJ." That's just the way things come across in Internet conversations. It's a by-product of the nature of our relationship. He's my boyfriend (FWIW, I hate that term), OK? But we delight in insulting the hell out of one another. I wouldn't be with him if I thought he was an idiot, but I was bemused by his reaction.

Of course legal battles can be fun.
Hell, mine was better than sex.

But the question was asked:
"exhilarating simply because it was a new problem to resolve?"

That's very specific.

Hell, that's as idiotic as suggesting ENTJs would blow up their house,
just so they had a new problem to resolve.

ENTJs are goal-oriented. Efficient.

I don't grow weeds in my back yard, just so I have something to pull.

It was very specific. Now please tell me where I implied I was of the opinion he had created the problem in order to amuse himself.

One of the other things my friend has been mentioning lately is that he needs to stop taking himself so seriously.

Jaguar

It was very specific. Now please tell me where I implied I was of the opinion he had created the problem in order to amuse himself.

One of the other things my friend has been mentioning lately is that he needs to stop taking himself so seriously.

Where did I say you implied he created the problem for amusement?
My bottom line is, I can't identify with any of it.
I can't even identify with taking myself too seriously.
I have a healthy sense of humor.
But then we all don't have the same functions developed.

:yay:

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Dear lord - I'm sorry so many of you were offended by my calling him a "stupid ENTJ."

I wasn't offended, Norepinephrine. But it's true, us ENTJs do sometimes have a tendency to get rather worked up about stuff. :D