• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Male ENTPs: describe your ideal girl...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Wait now I get it, you wanted to beat me to the OP didnt you ? :D

Well but I meant a different thing than that. I was talking about the male wominasation. That's a completly new concept and I only learnt recently about it, therefore I cant argue much about it yet, its still in the making.

heart

heart on fire
Voltaire is said to have been ENTP.

He was for a time in love with the beautiful, intelligent, cultured, graceful, loving and protective Mme. du Chatelet. In her studies, she was a polymath, devoted to science. She translated Newton's Principia into French and wrote a clear summary of Leibnizian ideas.

Her husband was very agreeable to her relation with Voltaire; the three lived together in harmony for extended periods of time, so that wasn't a problem. And she would seem to have been a person whom would be very mentally stimulating to an ENTP.

But after a decade or so, Voltaire’s interest in Chatelet waned, he was in his late fifties and so Mme Chatelet attributed it to his age and his ever present troubles with his health, mostly his lower G.I. tract.

But his letters show it was his growing romantic affection for his 43 yr old niece Mme. Marie Denis.

"I am incapable of digesting, but I am capable of love. I love you; I will love you until the day I die. I embrace you a thousand times..."

"I count on kissing my beloved a thousand times."

"I should like to live at your feet and die in your arms."

Letters from Voltaire to Denis. He wrote her really many steamy letters that cannot be posted here. There's no doubt that he loved and desired her madly.

But Marie Denis is described as ugly, fat, short, dumpy, lazy, an un-malicious liar, unintelligent, unpretentious, overly emotional, domineering, expensive for Voltaire to keep, flagrantly unfaithful to him but very warm and kind.

Every selfishness of Denis was returned with great tolerance and love by Voltaire.

TTogether they “adopted” a poor girl who delighted him with her unpretentious and loving nature and he was very fatherly towards her.

He spent the rest of his life with Denis (EDIT) as lover/provider/protector.

Chatelet seemed to see Voltaire as a great man, someone she ought to help to develop himself to his fullest potential and even to protect him against himself. Denis seemed to see Voltaire as a sexual playmate and a protector/provider.

So what can we make of that as one isolated example of a supposed ENTP and his love life over many years?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Seriously, no other ENTP guy wants to pipe up? Synarch, EcK, Sim World?? Come on...

1. Is interesting.
2. Likes sex.
3. Not uptight.
4. Has a good sense of humor.
5. Gets along well with my family and friends.
6. Doesn't make too many spelling or grammatical errors.
7. Wants to be different than everyone else.
8. Indulges me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Voltaire is said to have been ENTP.

He was for a time in love with the beautiful, intelligent, cultured, graceful, loving and protective Mme. du Chatelet. In her studies, she was a polymath, devoted to science. She translated Newton's Principia into French and wrote a clear summary of Leibnizian ideas.

Her husband was very agreeable to her relation with Voltaire; the three lived together in harmony for extended periods of time, so that wasn't a problem. And she would seem to have been a person whom would be very mentally stimulating to an ENTP.

But after a decade or so, Voltaire’s interest in Chatelet waned, he was in his late fifties and so Mme Chatelet attributed it to his age and his ever present troubles with his health, mostly his lower G.I. tract.

But his letters show it was his growing romantic affection for his 43 yr old niece Mme. Marie Denis.

"I am incapable of digesting, but I am capable of love. I love you; I will love you until the day I die. I embrace you a thousand times..." Voltaire to Denis.

Marie Denis is described as ugly, fat, short, dumpy, lazy, an un-malicious liar, unintelligent, unpretentious, overly emotional, domineering, expensive for Voltaire to keep, flagrantly unfaithful to him but very warm and kind.

Every selfishness of Denis was returned with great tolerance and love by Voltaire.

TTogether they “adopted” a poor girl who delighted him with her unpretentious and loving nature and he was very fatherly towards her. He spent the rest of his life with her as lover/provider/protector.

Chatelet seemed to see Voltaire as a great man, someone she ought to help to develop himself to his fullest potential and even to protect him against himself. Denis seemed to see Voltaire as a sexual playmate and a protector/provider.

So what can we make of that as one isolated example of a supposed ENTP and his love life over many years?

That ENTPs will do it, because they dont read books ? :D

No that's a lovely story heart. And more I dont want to say.

I couldnt defend a life, I havent even lived

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

We can adapt to anything. We enjoy weird situations. And, we don't like what other people like necessarily.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm pretty sure my ideal mate is just a female ENTP with an Icarus Complex like mine.

I've tried every other P type, and there's always been some middling criticism that wouldn't let me commit fully. (I've even tried 4 of the 8 J types!)

Let's see...types I have dated and why it didn't work:

ISTJ - She had way too many arbitrary rules about how EVERYTHING in the relationship should operate. I was initially attracted to her because she was musically talented, but only years after she dumped me (on AIM, 10 minutes after getting home from seeing our favorite band together, btw) did I finally realize she had just Si-memorized purely by rote how to play her instruments, and there wasn't really any depth of creativity there at all.

ESTJ - This was great for all the verbal sparring but eventually her "I have to go to college and trust my life to God" attitude kinda got to me, despite her brilliant wit. It was a shame. (Also seemed to prefer guys who were significantly less intelligent than she for the easy control, so this didn't work out too well with me because we were pretty mentally on par and that's what it made exciting for me.)

ISTP - Umm I lost my virginity to her and sex was really novel on its own at the time. We broke up like a month later because we had pretty much nothing in common.

ESTP - Fun for a brief hookup, no substance.

ISFP - Several dates went reasonably well and we get along ok, but...at the end of the day nothing really in depth to talk about.

ESFP - Fantastic sex and neither of us even made any pretense at it being anything else. She ended up getting a stable boyfriend and I haven't seen her in years, but if she showed up I'd totally be down for it. Aside from that, well...same problem with other SPs--no real depth of conversation in most cases.

INFP - Great relationship based on common Ne at first, but Fi dominance gradually wears down at me until I just don't really want to talk to them anymore because they see themselves as so open-minded that they'll automatically reject my suggestions that they're closed-minded in certain situations. I guess that's why socionics call this one the "illusory" relationship. I love love love being friends with INFPs but relationships just don't seem to work out long term.

ENFP - Generally pretty good until we get bored with each other and move on to the next toy, I love the Ne dominance and since it's in the driver's seat, I can tolerate the secondary Fi...but I still find myself wishing it was Ti. :(

ENFJ - Bonded very closely at first over each other's strong charismatic energy, but eventually found that we didn't really have much in common at all, besides a twisted sense of humor/penchant for feigned arrogance. We're still on good terms but don't talk often.

INTP - As close to perfection as I've found; same functions but I just can't get over my tendency to try to mold them into ENTPs. I get tired of talking to Ti and want Ne to come out and play more often. I've dated a couple of INTP women and it's never really quite worked out, just seemed like it should each time. It always feels right at first and then totally collapses in a painful and dramatic way. Not fun.

ENTJ - Some things in common; seemed like a pretty promising relationship at first, but Te/Ti just got in the way too much. She felt like I wasn't proactive enough and I felt like she was too controlling...typical ENTP/ENTJ.

So it looks like the types I have not dated as of yet are: ISFJ, ESFJ, INFJ, INTJ and ENTP.

Somehow I doubt an SFJ would work out very well for me, but ENTP may not be the only option...I could certainly deal with trying out an Ni dom woman, but they're pretty few and far between, in my experience.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Lol. Such a pedant :hug:

Spelling errors exhibit two things I dislike: looking foolish or careless and failing to communicate well.

How do you mean? I'm curious.

I am drawn to relationships of an extraordinary nature. I want someone I can learn from. To do so, she must be exceptional in some fashion. (I don't think so highly of myself as I think low of the mass of humanity) I also think that people who want something unusual or different for themselves demonstrate courage and creativity. Two characteristics I admire.

heart

heart on fire
INFP - Great relationship based on common Ne at first, but Fi dominance gradually wears down at me until I just don't really want to talk to them anymore because they see themselves as so open-minded that they'll automatically reject my suggestions that they're closed-minded in certain situations. I guess that's why socionics call this one the "illusory" relationship. I love love love being friends with INFPs but relationships just don't seem to work out long term...

You keep saying this about INFP. I am perfectly aware that I am not 100 percent open minded. Who would want to be? That would be a person with no bearings whatsoever, no way to know what they believed or thought, just moving from impulse to impulse and a total victim of sensation and perception.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You keep saying this about INFP. I am perfectly aware that I am not 100 percent open minded. Who would want to be? That would be a person with no bearings whatsoever, no way to know what they believed or thought, just moving from impulse to impulse and a total victim of sensation and perception.

Can you change me ?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
jenocyde, I'm hurt I wasn't mentioned :sad:

Anyway...

Blisteringly sexy, smart and witty as all hell (I don't care if she comes across as smarter than me, it's just another challenge!), the perfect partner in crime, very physical, conversational and communicative, yet disinclined toward constant conflict, my greatest teacher and greatest student, a sounding board for ideas, a source of ideas, an explorer, not rooted to one place, flirtatious but trustworthy, "way out of my league" in everyone else's estimation, flexible (in as many ways as you can imagine), can vary attention toward me and elsewhere at the right times, etc.

I will never meet this girl, but I won't stop searching, either. I'm not one for settling ;)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

And you wonder why I don't like Fi?

heart

heart on fire
And you wonder why I don't like Fi?

Frankly I don't wonder if you happen to like Fi or not.

I was merely saying that as an INFP I am well-aware that I am not 100 percent open minded and I don't see being 100 percent open minded as any healthier than being 100 percent closed minded.

LEVINA

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ENTP girl here secretly wondering if I am a guy underneath. Probably actually. The majority of the descriptions fit my "ideal" match. I like ETP guys the best.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Frankly I don't wonder if you happen to like Fi or not.

I was merely saying that as an INFP I am well-aware that I am not 100 percent open minded and I don't see being 100 percent open minded as any healthier than being 100 percent closed minded.

:)

Just never loose hope, no matter what you do. I know thats easy to say for someone who only hopes for a nice fire in a wodden house and a bottle of Scotch, but... maybe you can learn a thing too from that.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MShJ8h7cEbE"].[/YOUTUBE]