• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Who hates groupwork?

Do you like groupwork?

• I am an ENTJ - I like groupwork.

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • I am an ENTP - I like groupwork.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I am an INTJ - I like groupwork.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I am an INTP - I like groupwork.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I am an Extrovert - I like groupwork.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I am an Introvert - I like groupwork.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an ENTJ - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an ENTP - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I am an INTJ - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • I am an INTP - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 33 45.2%
  • I am an Extrovert - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I am an Introvert - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
There are several things I'd rather do than depend on other people to get work done to my satisfaction.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I appear to be the only real ENTP that has voted for liking groupwork :laugh:. At high school I worked with an ISTJ, who was incredibly precise, and we ended up owning everyone results wise, through university during physics practicals, I was working with an INTP and an ENTP, which was a nightmare surprisingly enough (we spent way to long thinking about it and actually discovered some rather complex effects). At one point in chemistry, I worked with another EP, and that was actually great fun, and he'd go and help the girls out heaps in an odd cliche kind of way. I dislike the control side of it, those girls could probably get anything they wanted from him, and they knew it. I find it boring working alone, it sucks when you have to wait half an hour for chemicals to 'cook' and you've got nothing to do but twiddle your thumbs. I also get quite uncertain sometimes, and it's nice to have someone there who knows (or at least, seemingly knows) what to do.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I appear to be the only real ENTP that has voted for liking groupwork :laugh:.

I like it too. The trick is just to make sure everyone else does their work. Usually, that means freaking them out at one point by not taking care of everything they foist upon you.

After that, it's all gravy. :smoke:

MBTI Type
INxJ
I dislike it so much, I'm going to work with the group on this forum to chime in on what seems to be popular consensus.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let me tell you why teachers give group work:

Classes are too large due to financial strains on the educational system. If you work on an individual level in a class, the talking time is much less than if you interact in groups. For language classes, it is more beneficial to have group work and increase talking time, and that's really the only way to do it in a group of 10 or more people.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Let me tell you why teachers give group work:

Classes are too large due to financial strains on the educational system. If you work on an individual level in a class, the talking time is much less than if you interact in groups. For language classes, it is more beneficial to have group work and increase talking time, and that's really the only way to do it in a group of 10 or more people.

There's also the job skills training aspect of education in the US - there are very few jobs where you get total individual freedom.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hate it when the subject is important to me, but love it when i dont really care about the work.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Meh, I don't so much like group work. Well, I'm okay if I know the people in the group but in any other case, not so much. One reason my statistic class was a hassle was because of the excessive group work. I get a lot more done on my own, and when I get into quiet mode, I don't learn as well when people do things for me.

I need to learn things for myself in my own way and people don't read mind.I want to work as hard as I can and contribute above and beyond but I am awkward speaking up in groups of people who I don't know, so I end up coming across as lazy/unintelligent which I hate. Things go by faster than I can process when I am in a situation that induces anxiety.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I enjoy Group work.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to HATE groups since I was a child and for a verrrry loooong time.

Since I've been working on myself (+ playing theatre) I see some specific groups as a place where I can grow and express myself.

The same for a spiritual retreat I went too recently, plus another spiritual journey.

But those are groups where THE INDIVIDUAL(ity) is accepted, people have good (fair) intentions.

I am happy I can chose the groups that may inspire me. If not what is the point ?

I am no ENTJ but anyway I have always felt more sensitive & careful than most when facing control/manipulation/lack of freedom.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am all for collaboration, but group work for its own sake, no. I work better on my own.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
It's easy to dislike based on who is involved, if I can predict that I will be the one carrying all the weight and having to get people motivated & give them a direction...then I find it very hateful.

Also depends on what the work is in service to, or it's aims.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I hate it because I find that just about everyone is terrified of making decisions and they tend to waste SO MUCH time waffling about things that are insignificant or plain irrelevant.

Then when I tell them " Hey assholes, get the work done!" I am big meany.

On the other, if I take a more laid back approach people tend to speak over and talk down to me, which, no, I;m not going to tolerate hat. So Big Meany it is.

Tengri

Terrible. The contentious students pick up the slack for the lazier ones, so it ends up being 90% of the effort dumped on less than half of the group. Even if the extrovert of the group takes on the presentation afterwards, it's often not explained clearly or accurately enough to represent the whole group. My undergrad advisor was a huge advocate of Dewey and devoted too much of his course time to group work and class discussion. In retrospect, the sentiment was idealistic and well-meaning, but unless you're getting paid for it (like equally dreaded team building exercises at work), put into practice it's a lesson in futility.